• Join Us!
  • Sponsorships
  • Sponsorships
  • Sponsorships
  • Sponsorships
  • Sponsorships
  • Sponsorships
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sponsorships

Bigdaddyshane is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 79
      Overall activity: 0%
      is Never hungry. Always sore.

I am:
      Godly

Level

Default Sponsorships

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships

• Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      Im a young guy. 22 years of age. Been lifting for about 7 years. Made it my life. It's a dream of mine to become sponsored but have no education on the topic. any advice?

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Sponsorships

Hey Guys this 22yrs old is built like a ton of Bricks everyone help him out.I work out with him at the gym Good Guy
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

6p6 is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 29.0%
      is armed and ready...R U?

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Welcome to FG! There's a ton of experience here on this board.

Getting sponsored is a tough game but it can be done. The tricky part is keeping your sponsors. It's a very hard game. Your best bet is to not try and count on that for your future in bodybuilding but figure other ways to support yourself while following your dreams. The rest will come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yohimbe is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Level

I don't have a vast knowledge on sponsorships either, but I do agree with 6p6, it's a tough game. In my opinion, the more successful you become competing, the bigger your name will be and that recognition will make you more valuable to a sponsor. In the beginning you may pick up a small sponsor here and there, but it probably won't be anything that will support you. However, as you gain success and recognition in the bodybuilding and fitness community, your visibility will increase as you become more valuable. This would make you much more attractive to potential sponsors.

Some of the modern day pros didn't gain significant sponsorships until they were already well known, so it's definitely not something I would count on in the beginning. With that being said, as you become more successful in the competitive world and your name gets out there, you'll certainly gain more attention which could potentially bring on more significant sponsorships.
      Train Till Your Eyes Bleed!

MOUNTAIN-MAN is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 5.0%
      is Over the peek

I am:
      Amused

Level

Welcome to the family brother

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

congrats on the hard work brotha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

guns01 is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      Awards:
      Activity Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i have had a few in the last couple of years and this is the best article i have found that can help put you on the right path and direction:

Unless with your eyes covered and your fingers in your ears for the last 25 years, you've probably figured out that the fitness industry is run and controlled by the supplement industry.

The supplement industry cranks out billions a year in revenue and shells out money and products for shows, competitions, and sponsorship contracts. These companies get flooded with emails from everyone and anyone with one show or meet under their belt (or even less) looking to get that oh-so-sweet sponsorship contract that is rightfully theirs. After personally seeing a lot of these emails, one comes to mind of a competitor emailing a company stating that they would rep their brand on YouTube in turn for money and supplements. After all, they just competed in their first bodybuilding show and won their class. Heavens to Betsy, take all my money!

Most people just don't have a clue what’s really going on. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country! If I had to choose one bone to pick with today’s young adults (oh man, I'm getting old) I could sum it up in one word: entitlement. I see it in the people my company hires/fires, I see it in the sponsorship requests we get, the requests my contemporaries get, and with the posts I see on Facebook. It goes on and on. If you want to become a sponsored athlete you need to realize something first and foremost: the world does not owe you anything, and companies do not care about your level-one show first place weight class trophy. They don’t care about your federation, bodyweight, age class, equipment class state or world record. What companies do care about is what you can do for them.

bodybuilder-646495_1280

A sponsorship is a business agreement, and you are seen as an employee, nothing more. Ask yourself who makes more money, you or your boss? Why does your boss make more? Because they're the one taking the risk and shelling out the big bucks, putting their life savings on the line for a dream and giving others a way to put food on their tables. A supplement company is no different. You’re not taking much of a risk, but these companies are putting the image of their brand in your hands, and that’s big risk. The answer is plain and simple: if you want to get sponsored, make yourself attractive to supplement companies. Show them that you have something that will bring them profit. If someone can look at you, who you are, what you stand for and what you do, associate it with a product and go out and buy that product, you’ve got a chance. If not? It’s time to reevaluate. When you can bring profit to a company, that company will kick some of that profit back your way in the form of free supplements, exposure and (more rarely) expenses for your hobby. (OMG bodybuilding and powerlifting are just hobbies?!)
      Social Media

Gone are the days of the six-page supplement advertisemet-article in print magazines. In 2015, companies have pretty much all migrated to social media. You’re probably thinking, "that's great to hear Mr. WatchDog! My Myspace and ICQ are on point!" (okay, now I’ve really dated myself). Sorry to break it to you bud, but in most cases a lot of companies have even abandoned Facebook because it has become too expensive and too difficult of a way to reach their audience. They’ve turned to the current cash cow: Instagram. Companies are paying top dollar for people to give shout outs to their brands in order to gain followers and exposure. Instagram has very little regulation (for now) on how people can advertise, so it's a great way for brands to get their name out there for much less money.

bodybuilder-646482_1280

I recently had dinner with a very big industry company executive who explained that most of these people representing brands don't even compete. In fact, a lot of them are nothing more than gym rats who have quit their day jobs to become full-time Instagrammers. If you message some companies looking for how to become a part of their team, one of the first questions you get back is going to be, "How many Instagram followers do you have?" If this is something that interests you, get Instagrammin’ and learn the art of hashtaggin’!

Another very big thing to consider is the kind of image you portray on social media. What, if any, supplement company will your behavior attract? But good news! Whether you’re taking boot and thong pictures in your dirty bathroom mirror or posting lifting videos with tips and tricks on how to improve, there's probably a company out there for you. There's no reason to change or fake who you are for a chance at a supplement contract, just make sure you know who you are and own it. Hone in your craft, hone in on who you are, push what makes you unique and outwork anyone who stands in your way. If you attempt to appear as someone other than yourself, it will be painfully obvious to the company and those viewing your social media. Can you imagine if Dave Tate posted mirror selfies instead of giving strength advice?

this came from elitefts btw
      TGBSupplements REP

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Use code 'Baby1' for $5 off your order

gusto77 is offline Platinum
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I was going to reply to this the other day but I wanted to wait until some people with actual experience chimed in. Seems like my thoughts were pretty much on par with what the article guns posted said. I'm getting ready to do my first competition here and I didn't even think about looking for a sponsor at all. Thought never even occurred to me. I'm not saying that because it's not possible but I guess my feelings on it are I'm just some asshole who decided to compete for the first time, so who am I to ask some company for money so I can go display my "talents" and support their products. So I would say keep working hard brother do what you can to financially support yourself and get in the game and see where that leads. That being said I actually was approached the other day by a charity organization that supports military and veterans who have at least one combat deployment. They asked if I'd be interested in getting sponsored by them. At first I was like hell yes I would love to not have to pay those fees. Then I thought about it and it being right at the end I just don't want to have to deal with other people and the requirements right now if there are any. I've already set aside those funds for my competition so I'm not worried about it. So I guess it is possible but again I wasn't approached by a company I was approached by charity organization. Keep killing it in the gym brother!

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships

• Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      • Sponsorships
      Welcome to FG Bigdaddyshane! Since you know Fuzo from the gym, that means you live near us. You happen to paint, or remodel homes? lol Just kidding, you will find a great bunch of people here at Fg and a wealth of experience. Glad to have you

baby1
      Veritas Vos Liberabit