Originally posted by jamescb77
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
20 weeks out from comp
Collapse
X
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
This is absolutely true. You should set things up to lose no more than about 2 lbs per week, and allow yourself enough prep time for that. It's the best way to maintain mass through your prep, and not stalling out fat loss in the process. You always want to push the most cals you can and still achieve that fat loss rate. As you drop weight, that number will have to come down....but not starting too low is very important to be on the right track
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
I think the problem most people have is they don't run a tight enough off season so they have no idea to where to begin with a diet. I slowly increase my cals as my body needs it. With this mentality when you start to diet you slowly decrease them as the body slowly sheds the fat.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
Interesting... You must run a pretty tight ship to be that in tune with it. For the last 3-4 weeks I've been doing 15 minutes of treadmill @ 130-145 bpm. I nursed I knee injury too long years ago andOriginally posted by jamescb77 View PostIn my opinion it's to low. If you haven't had to change anything and you have lost 20lb then you started the diet to low on cals. I'm assuming you are also doing some cardio. If you can lose more than 5lb before you have to adjust in my opinion you have started to low. Dieting is a constantly changing beast with weekly to biweekly adjustments.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
In my opinion it's to low. If you haven't had to change anything and you have lost 20lb then you started the diet to low on cals. I'm assuming you are also doing some cardio. If you can lose more than 5lb before you have to adjust in my opinion you have started to low. Dieting is a constantly changing beast with weekly to biweekly adjustments.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
Are you saying 2700 is too high? 2700 is the -500 calories I figured from my maintenance cals. My diet has been the same since AUG. I've dropped 20 lbs since then and haven't hit a wall yet so I've been reluctant to change anything I've been doing.
Right now I'm in the pre decisions on how to approach next year. I understand what I'm doing right now is not training for a competition. Only trying to cut bf for my own vanity.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
Bro i am gonna be completely honest with. I think that you need to work with a coach due to your current shape and condition. I believe GC, Guns and myself all coach and having someone who is knowledgeable and can see the plan will help you a great deal. Im initially concerned that your on 2700 cals and such high bf. This diet would be hell for you to get in stage shape but it can be done if you are ready to work and get after it.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
Good looks huh? Well I'm f'd. Explains why Heavy is a bodybuilder though. Lol
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
You will still need to train like a body builder and diet like a body builder. Mens Phy is all about upper body. Abs, shoulders tie ins, good looks too. So, BB can come later. Discipline is what is needed in both sports.
Best of luck,.
GC
Originally posted by StorminMormon View PostI should say My goal is to be able to competitively compete in bodybuilding. I know I need more mass to be competitive but even if I got on stage for physique I know I'd get a lot of good experience for it. I kind of figured I should go with physique this season to get my feet wet.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
I should say My goal is to be able to competitively compete in bodybuilding. I know I need more mass to be competitive but even if I got on stage for physique I know I'd get a lot of good experience for it. I kind of figured I should go with physique this season to get my feet wet.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
MY first thought is to print off some of guns posted work outs. He bangs ALL body parts. You can't get to focused on mini parts and only do mini exercises. Big compound exercises is what you need. The little muscles will get hit while banging the the big muscles.
You have seen many training splits I'm sure.
Chest
legs
back
shoulders
arms.
Abs blended in with a few calf days.
Or
Chest and bi day
Back and tri day
Shoulder day
Leg day. Or split the legs up killer ham day with killer upper quad day.
The list is endless. Just dont get to lost in training mini muscle groups and not do the big heavy work on the big body parts. You need much more development over all before you get too hung up on little parts.
Best of luck. Pick the date. Chart out weekly goals. Meet the goals each week and you will be ready. If you drop 10% of your body fat that puts you around 7%. That would be a great goal. So, you are looking to drop 20 to 25#. Making you tall and skinny. So, you have to train hard to preserve your lean mass along with the help of the aas.
Once you get all the way down then you really can see your shape and where you need to focus your training in the next off season. This is not a easy road to go down. For some time you are just going to feel smaller and smaller. (no mans land) Then you will start to show more muscle and shape to your body.
Best of luck,
GC
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
I can see you starting to get vascular. I know expert but diet is the key and it sounds like your eating lean. I like mast. better than winny but I don't compete.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
I want to try competing but I'm holding out for male enhancement competition trunks.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
Currently I've just been attacking my weak points. Delts, back, calves, peck minor. I keep experimenting trying to find proper positions and getting good pumps. I go till I'm too tired to continue safely or when I get a really good pump.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Leave a comment:
-
Re: 20 weeks out from comp
What kind of workout routine do you have?
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: