• Join Us!
  • Micheal Moors movie?   seen it
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micheal Moors movie? seen it

Ryker77 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 400
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Micheal Moors movie? seen it

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Has anybody seen Micheal Moores movie. 9/11?

It sure made the Bushes look like shit. I know it was spin but even if a 1/4 of it was true. It makes me sick to know the American people are like sheep and will follow anybody with a good haircut and a nice smile.

Those who haven't seen should watch it before they vote.

www.votenader.org
      <META NAME="robots" CONTENT="noarchive">

deleted

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Micheal Moors movie? seen it

Moore is the master of editing. You could run around with a camera videoing anyone then do a little editing and whamo! Instant villian. He ambushes these people and pieces together their responses to suit his agenda. Why do you think the GOP has a lawsuit against him right now? This movie that was originally being passed off as a documentary was reclassified. If he was being truthful then why not maintain the documentary status? I won't be giving him any money.

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

he later said in an interview that it was not a documentary, just a movie based on his own opinions. screw him, never liked the tubby bastard and never will. i might watch the movie when it comes out on cable just so i can debate the movie with a friend. she seems to think he is some sort of hero ever since he talked shit at the oscars or whatever award show it was. i would never support him with my money.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I know the movie is spin. But it is very very good spin. Like I said even if only a 1/4 of it is true then nobody should vote for Bush. I don't like Moore either but that movie was a wake up call.

The links he provided to the Bush family, Bin Ladens, and the new president of Afgan are very distrubing.

I had no clue that Bush Sr. was an advisor to a Saudi company.

Also the new president of Afgan just happened to be on the board of the company that will be installing the gas pipeline in that country.

What puzzles me the most is that the news media doesn't agrue that the story is real or fake. They just kinda ignore it.

Anybody that plans on voting for Bush should watch just 10 minutes of the movie. Just pick any 10 minute section.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

NEVER WILL I SEE A MICHEAL MOORS MOVIE
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

PL456 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

so, ryker...you liked michael moore's movie? You approved of its message?
      I think its great and all that we live in country where he can make this crap and put it out there and make millions off of disrespecting the man who's doing his best to keep you and me safe. I think its just great. But, tell me, what has michael moore done for you and me since 9/11 to keep us safe? What has George Bush done? Ill remind you that moore has done nothing and while Bush is in office we have not been hit again. So, you like the movie? Ill bet Bin Laden does too.
      -----+++DrugFree4Life+++-----

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Pl have you watched the movie?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by PL456
      So, you like the movie? Ill bet Bin Laden does too.
      Actually I bet the whole Bin Laden family doesn't like the movie. The movie informs people of the real link between Bush sr. Bush jr. and all of there friends with Saudi Arabi and the Bin Ladens.

BTW Bush has done nothing to protect the US. It the middle and lower class americans who are or have family serving in the military. People like myself, my father, and my grandfather.

You should take note that only ONE member in congress has a son in the military.
      <META NAME="robots" CONTENT="noarchive">

deleted

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I know its a small world but.

George W Bush started a company ( Arbusto oil) back in the 70's with support from James Bath. Bush and Bath had served in the Army Guard together. Now thats fine. But then you find out that Bath was hired by the Bin Laden family to manage its money in Texas and invest in businesses. Now this was way back in the 70's-80's

another link: The film also notes investments in United Defense, a military contractor, by the Carlyle Group, a firm that Bush and his father have been involved with which counts members of the Bin Laden family among its investors

Small world?

In 1997, while George W. Bush was governor of Texas, a delegation of Taliban leaders from Afghanistan flew to Houston to meet with Unocal executives to discuss the building of a pipeline through Afghanistan bringing natural gas from the Caspian Sea. And who got a Caspian Sea drilling contract the same day Unocal signed the pipeline deal? A company headed by a man named Dick Cheney: Halliburton.

In fairness Contrary's to Moore's implication, the fact that Bush was governor of Texas at the time of the Taliban/Unocal meeting does nothing to prove that he was somehow involved in the meeting. Governors are obviously not responsible for every business dealing that takes place in their state.

But Bush does not say "hey on that date I was playing golf at xyz club"

Now here is the corrent link: When the invasion of Afghanistan was complete, we installed its new president, Hamid Karzai. Who was Hamid Karzai? He was a former advisor to Unocal. Bush also appointed as our envoy to Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad, who was also a former Unocal advisor.

Small world?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Florida's final vote tally was certified by Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris, who had co-chaired Bush's state campaign and served as a Bush delegate during the Republican National Convention. Rep. Peter Deutsch, D-Florida argued that her decision to put a deadline on a countywide hand recount in Palm Beach County was "a strategic decision by the Bush campaign to hurt the litigation efforts." At the time, newly-counted votes that had not registered in machine counts were showing a slight gain for Gore in the Democratic-leaning county. Harris said the deadline would stand, "in order to effectuate the public's right to clarity and finality."

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

In the days immediately following 9/11, all private and commercial airline traffic was grounded. After Sept. 13, White House-approved private jets and commercial planes carried 142 Saudis, including 24 members of the bin Laden family, out of the United States. According to the ACLU, in the months following Sept. 11 hundreds of foreign immigrants -- mostly Muslim Arab or South Asian men -- were detained for weeks or months "in the name of keeping America safe." In most cases, there was no evidence of the immigrants' involvement in terrorist attacks and detainees were thrown into "legal limbo," being "denied the due process rights they would have been entitled to had they actually been charged with crimes."

If hundreds of immigrants were rounded up and detained because of their religion or country of origin, why do you suppose 142 Saudis and members of the bin Laden family were not detained for further questioning? Was the government justified in detaining hundreds immigrants who hadn't been charged with crimes?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

On the morning of 9/11, the Carlyle Group, a huge investment company with longtime ties to the Bush family, the Saudi Arabian government, and the military industrial complex, was holding their annual investor conference at a hotel in Washington, D.C. Attendees included, among others, former President George H.W. Bush, James Baker (one again we see Baker one of W's old buddies from th Guard)(secretary of state under George H.W. Bush), and Shafiq bin Laden, Osama's half-brother, who was overseeing his family's investment in the Carlyle Group (the bin Ladens have since pulled out, as has George H.W. Bush).

Could the fact that the bin Ladens were investors in the Carlyle Group have affected the government's pursuit of Osama? How do you think the average American feels knowing Bush Sr. was working for a defense-oriented firm that has extensive business interests in Saudi Arabia while his son, Bush Jr. was preparing to wage war in Iraq?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Before 9/11, General Richard Clarke and other White House intelligence officials claimed there hadn't been proof of Iraqi terrorism against the United States since Saddam Hussein allegedly attempted to assassinate the first President Bush while he was visiting Kuwait in 1993. After 9/11, Clarke said he expected the administration to focus on Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Instead he was ordered to find out if there was a link between 9/11 and Iraq. After stating he'd examined the issue and found no connection, Clarke said, "...the entire conversation left me in absolutely no doubt that George Bush wanted me to come back with a report that said, "Iraq did this.'"

Assuming Clarke's assertions are accurate, why was the Bush administration so eager to link al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden with Iraq? Why did the Bush administration not appear to actively pursue a Saudi connection to 9/11 when 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis and it was suspected that Saudi money had funded al Qaeda?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

in 2001, "just five and a half months before 9/11, the Bush administration welcomed a special Taliban envoy to tour the United States to help improve the image of the Taliban government." At the time, it was known the Taliban was harboring Osama bin Laden, who had taken credit for bombing the USS Cole and U.S. embassies in Africa.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

The Bush family has longtime ties with the Saudi Arabian government and the bin Laden family, all of whom have been associated with the Carlyle Group. Vice President Dick Cheney was CEO of Halliburton and had close ties with Saudi Arabia. In addition, George W. Bush's friend, James R. Bath, managed money for the bin Ladens and invested in Bush's fledgling oil business venture, Arbusto Energy. Because the bin Laden family is part of the Saudi ruling class, it has close ties -- both personal and financial -- to Saudi Arabia's pro-United States royal family. An estimated $ 860 billion have been invested in the United States by Saudi Arabians, amounting to roughly six to seven percent of Wall Street investments.

In light of the Saudis' considerable financial holdings in the U.S. and their past shared investments with the Bushes, how do you think this affects President Bush's foreign policy decisions and his ability to effectively represent his constituents? What do you think would happen if U.S. relations with Saudi Arabia suddenly became hostile?