• Join Us!
  • Home Invasions
  • Home Invasions
  • Home Invasions
  • Home Invasions
  • Home Invasions
  • Home Invasions
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasions

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default Home Invasions

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions

• Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      Is it me, or are home invasions happening more than ever?
      I'm seeing, at least, 1 a wk lately. Where some punk ass wannabe thug, or much worse.(people that do things to the females of the family, then kill everybody.) *or try. Sometimes someone lives. But just yesterday there was a home invasion where a mother and 2 daughters were killed in Tallahassee. Then even closer to home, there was a punk ass little thug bytch that came in 2 mid-aged (mid30s-40s'ish) male roomates. The punk shot and killed both of these men. Of course, by looking at the pictures of the men that were killed compared to the young jit thug fuker. They woulda made quick work of his punk ass had he not been smart enough to arm himself. See, the badguy will be armed.
      I love rc10's signature. People might think I'm nuts because my piece is like my wallet. It's just part of getting dressed after a shower. And it's ready to rock 24/7. In the times we live in, and especially if you have an attractive wife, daughter, you are more likely a target to these sickos. According to the news. It's almost always female alurement to these sick fuks.
      Don't let this happen to you. "It'll never happen," right? yeah. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that have had a lifechanging experience that you don't ever imagine would happen to your family. I've had that terrible call in the middle of the night. Life dishes out some nasty curves. Prepared is the best way you can be. I was reading an article that told about cops that only fire their weapons once a yr for qualification. No practice. Who the hell has time for 911 anyway? A cop told me that he loves the dispath like he received a while back to an attempted home-invasion. He said there's nothing better than to arrive on the scene, and the bg is half in the bedroom window drt'ed(dead right there) by the old lady knowing how to use her passed husband's old shotgun.
      Which leads me to another point. A shotgun is the best line of home-defense.
      1 up

Go Gators

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Re: Home Invasions

I agree. If my company would allow it, I would carry all day. I have my Glock by the bed and a 3 1/2 870 in the closet. I told my wife that the 870 will clear the hallway no matter what's in it!
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I love in a nice quiet neighborhood, but I always keep my doors locked when I'm home. If someone does try to get in those extra few seconds can be the difference in life or death.
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

i have my little kel tec .380 in my pocket alot of the time. not because i am worried about home invasion but to acclimate myself to carrying it as i want to get my CCL
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

tn94z is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Since we are somewhat on this subject, for the guys that carry, what holster do you use? Do you use inside the waist band or outside? Etc....
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by rc10j1 View Post
      I love in a nice quiet neighborhood, but I always keep my doors locked when I'm home. If someone does try to get in those extra few seconds can be the difference in life or death.
      same thing here. Doors are always locked. That's the 1st line of borrowed time. Then the dogs are the 2nd. But leaving doors unlocked in this time and age of home-invasions happening eod. My doors stay locked now.
      1 up

Go Gators

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by tn94z View Post
      Since we are somewhat on this subject, for the guys that carry, what holster do you use? Do you use inside the waist band or outside? Etc....
      I have been through several holsters. The kydex Bladetech that I wear now is my fav so far. Hard to beat for $19 at cheaperthandirt.com.
      I carry IWB(inside waist-band) @ 4'o clock. Strong side. quick draw McGraw. Come 1 come all.
      1 up

Go Gators

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i need to buy a gun...just dont have the funds right now.
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

EVERLAST
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
      i have my little kel tec .380 in my pocket alot of the time. not because i am worried about home invasion but to acclimate myself to carrying it as i want to get my CCL
      Hey man get that little clip that Keltec sells and install it on your pistol. I use the left hand version and its near verticle in a small of back carry. I have their little .32

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

nice too see you everlast,

well, i'm not a gun fan by any means at all, my whole life, I must say over the last two years though i've reconsidered, i live in a nice neighborhood and 3 months ago i was harrased just walking at 9 am in the morning by a few punks, i ended walking an extra mile cause i didn't want these punks to know where i lived, not cause i'm afraid for myself, it's my mom and home care worker

for me it's not that complicated, it seems to me, the punks believe they must be armed, and as a result since there idiots they use em in idiotic ways, how many times can u count on the first 48 tv show, maybe 80% of murders are just idiotic punk shyte

and of course idiotic punks are now universal

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

That's the piss poor of the whole thing. To think of anyone loosing their life over utter punk, idiotic bs is horrible. of the worst nightmares. And in your case, trip. Think about this. These punks robbed of their own identity, by wtf ever, arm themselves completely irrationally, and without...or for the whole purpose of criminal acts. of the most heinus nature. It's sick. As I think I said in my opening post. Damn sick!
      You must think of your family, and your own rights as well. Without the proper self defense measures, some low-life punk could take away all that is dear to you starting with your freedom and ending with...I don't even want to go there. F&^%ing sick...criminal of the worst. violent. twisted.
      I know how you feel about war. I figured that trickled down to simple personal arms. You must not look at arms, i.e. firearms, knife, fire-extinguisher. (There are arms of many.) Place 'fire-arms' in the same class as (fire-extinguisher). They are both critical tools in your line of defense against, what are often, extremely heinous enemies. It's not the tool. That is a completely inanimate object, capable of nothing without the aid of a person. It's the person that's operating the tool. And in your case, being a man I don't believe has bad entensions. The tools are in appropriate hands. No sense, at all, in putting hate, or heat what-so-ever, on the tools. Idiots will be dangerous, idiots.

There. A completely different facet to view on firearms, for ya trip.
      1 up

Go Gators

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

and it is good to see ya E!
      1 up

Go Gators

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i'm against war, not fighting, i've been in tons of fights

i'm not against firearms, or an nra hater, hell i like the nra, and i know me, lol, once i'm thinking about it, i'm usually all ready made up my mind, for me it's a matter of getting around to it

when i moved i had a cable box stolen cause the house was open, police lady with 15 years on the force came and took the report, she was very cool, she had a ton of scary assed stories and based on her opinion alot of it were da's don't prosecute shyte, it was all a numbers game to them, kind of sad in a way

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I agree whole heartedly. Very sad indeed! That's the other sick part. The DA in some cases, motivation, or the lack-there-of. Which it sounds like you've thought it over rationally.
      If you have any questions or concerns. Please don't hesitate, as you said. You've never been really interested in guns, or a fan of. I grew up hunting and target shooting. Then over the last several yrs. It greww into a passion of mine. Reading through our founders letters, especially Jefferson's. I think that had allot to do with it. But Thomas Jefferson was one of the high intellects, and knew well the critical importance of personal rights to arms. As I say. I guess I got it from his papers/letters. Without arms, you can be robbed of your dearest possessions, animate & inanimate/intangeable...by some punk-ass a fraction your wisdom, and that is something I hate to hear of, and I'm hearing it way too much lately.

As I've said. A shotgun is the best home defense weapon. You can go to Wal-Mart and grab a Mossberg 500 for around $250. Pull the plug out of the mag, and it has a capacity of 5+1 in the chamber. I have 1 of these. It's my go to shotgun, even with a Browning Auto-5 worth well over $250. But I want a pump action shotgun for dependable ejection and feeding. The Mossberg 500 has a 3" chamber so you can use the more-effective 3" shells. One 00 buckshot round has 15 pellets coming at a velocity of about 2400ft per sec, if I remember corectly. That's killer! *edit That's like a full mag of .357 rounds coming in 1 shot, at a much higher velocity.
      Then, on the side-arm.(pistol) Ruger has this covered well with their P-series line. i.e. P95. Excellence. Arguably the finest firaem. Most reliable, dependable...it just does what it is manufactured for. It works. And works with the very best of them for only $350. The P95 is a 9mm. I personally prefer the 9mm because that round has come so far. The 9x19 parabellum is not the WWII 9mm. It's not even the 90s 9mm. It's a badass rd. The 9mm is a top performer. For 20ft.lbs. of energy less than that of a .45, but a velocity of some rifles. Then the double-the-capacity thing is big for me too. I like capacity. So, the 9mm is my side-arm carttridge of choice. The P95 has a capacity of 15+1.
      Arm yourself trip. Because you never know when you could become a target. or your home. I'm sorry to hear you caught flack from punks even in that way, but heaven forbid...
      And from your home life description. You da man. And that's, of course, literally for you.
      It's a simple, and hard-to-swallow (for some folks) fact that you just don't have time to depend on public service in those split seconds of a life or death situation.

As rc10's sig says. "They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero." "They" might even be against guns. But such as the instance about a yr ago in Tallahassee. There was an armed convenience store robbery. Thankfully, there was a citizen CC(conceal carrying) with permit, and he saved the day. From the other patrons, to the money in the register. The criminal and the armed patron did have an exchange of fire that put the legally armed citizen in the hospital overnight, but the crinimal didn't survive. The man was very elderly too, if memory serves me.(the legally armed fellow) He became a hero that day. Even to the gun haters.
      I'm very glad to learn that my assumption of your feelings towards firearms was wrong.
      Now, get to the gun shop, and begin your new hobby. You'll enjoy it. Ya can't help but. Oh yeah, While at Wal-Mart. Grab some earmuffs for $8 for practice.
      Also, shop around ammo pricing for pistols. note the 9mm compared to everything else. The only thing cheaper is .22 ammo.
      Last edited by horsepwr; 11-24-2010 at 08:39 AM.
      1 up

Go Gators

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions

• Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      • Home Invasions
      lol, yeah, shotgun and sidearm are what i was thinking, and no reason to go exotic, and like you say, i want lot's of ammo, if i'm going to use it, cause my feelings are i want to be over prepared and u can count on the idiot punks not too be