Ya know, ya try to help folks out and what happens? You get bent the fukk over! I had this employee, a CNA. She was very good, the patients loved her, etc.. She has some personal issues at home and we were workin with her on that, given her chance after chance. She would come in late or call in a fair amount but when it's someone who works their ass off when they come in and the residents love em, we don't just cut em loose. Well about a month ago it came out that she has a drug problem, pills that her damn mother was supplyin her with. As I said before her home life is pretty strange to say the least. Well, we get her into rehab (against the mother's wishes) and told her when she got out the condition of her remaining with us would be further counselling and random testing. The damn lab at the hospital was supposed to be observing her take the piss test but they didn't and come to find out she was putting Visine in it and she passed all of her tests. This is a little trick that she found out about at rehab. So 2 weeks ago we had some narcotics come up missing, we couldn't prove it was her but had a strong feeling it was her. She was tested again and passed. This past Mon. we ended up firing her for no call no show, I just felt like she was taking advantage of my kindness and that shiot don't fly.
Fast forward to today, the stupid little biotch comes out here to visit with some of the residents, I told the staff to follow her. Two patients that she saw wound up missing their pain patches, she had taken them off of the residents when she hugged them! I had to call 911 and have her arrested. This girl is just one mixed up kid, she's only 21 and has thrown her damn life away. It pisses me off and breaks my heart at the same time. I just don't understand how/why people do things like this when they have so much goin for them, she also has a small child, and so many people willing to go out of their way to help them. My Director of Nursing, the other nurses and CNA's and myself tried damn hard to get her on track. How do you stab so many people in the back who care for you and try this hard to help you????