• Join Us!
  • things we learn
  • things we learn
  • things we learn
  • things we learn
  • things we learn
  • things we learn
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: things we learn

ByRoN
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default things we learn

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • things we learn
      • things we learn

• things we learn
      • things we learn
      • things we learn
      • things we learn
      • things we learn
      • things we learn
      (and life) by SandBlaster.

1) When you are young, your desire overrules your wisdom. Had I trained less and smarter, I would have gotten bigger and stronger much more quickly.

2) Food is the best anabolic. When I was younger, I didn’t grow because I didn’t eat enough. I thought I ate enough but that was made false when I went to a seminar by Troy Zuccolotto, IFBB Pro, and he stated, “Don’t tell me you can’t grow until you get up twice during the night and eat.” Sure enough, one meal at night and I started growing.

3) Bodybuilding magazines, for the most part, are ****. Sure the pictures are great and you occasionally get an article that is good, but overall they are nothing but promotion tools. Why advocate routines of the “champions”? Because you will end up overtrained and will need their latest supplement to grow.

4) There are legitimate supplements and there are frauds. You will spend a whole lot of money figuring out which is which.

5) Steroids work. However, without a proper diet and training plan, your gains will come and go. I’ve seen guys blow up on D-Bol and Test, only to lose it all twelve weeks later.

6) Steroids aren’t necessary for most trainees. If you just want a bigger and stronger body, proper training, diet, and rest can get you there. If you want to compete, that’s a bit different.

7) Simple cycles are the most effective, both in gains and in cost. Spend your money on Test and one other substance like D-Bol, EQ, Fina or Deca. Use only what you need to to grow, no more, no less. You will minimize side effects this way, grow, and save money.

8) Training should be based upon multi-joint movements like squats, deadlifts, bench press, dips, and cleans. Single-joint movements should be used to supplement your training; but should not be the basis of it.

9) You can train hard or you can train long, but very few trainees can do both and gain. Had I erred on side of training less more often, I would have stayed healthier and stronger.

10) There are very few real gyms left. After about 1994, it was hard to find one locally that was worth anything. Invest in equipment for yourself if you can, you will be happier in the long run.

11) There is more to life than the gym and lifting weights. Develop interests outside of the scene and your lifting will benefit.

12) Cardio is important. Do it regularly for your health. It’s nice to breathe walking up stairs.

13) Stop looking in every mirror in the mall, nothing has changed since the last one two stores ago.

14) When you weigh over 240lbs. you shouldn’t dance. It never looks good unless it is a two-step…

15) The bigger you get the less you like crowds.

16) The bigger you get the more you sweat.

17) Eventually, your metabolism slows down. At about 32 it started for me.

18) Being strong feels good as you get older.

19) If you find something that works, keep doing it.

20) If you don’t love the iron, you will never reach your goals and keep them

Skarhead is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 576
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: things we learn

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • things we learn
      • things we learn