• Join Us!
  • gear w/ perscription drugs?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gear w/ perscription drugs?

TRAM is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 715
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default gear w/ perscription drugs?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

is there any problems of using gear and relaxants like xanax & prozac during a cycle?
      "WHERE THE MIND GOES, THE BODY WILL FOLLOW."

"I THINK I CAN TAKE YOU"," YA, KEEP LOOKING"

"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

HungarianBeast is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 383
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: gear w/ perscription drugs?

Gear is a prescription drug as well as the two others you mentioned. Are you saying that you have been prescribed xanax and prozac? If you do have a script, consult your doctor...off the record of course.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i'm just thinking that gear will raise my heart rate, yet zanax will try to slow your heart rate down. sounds like a poor combo to me , but heard of people taking relaxants to chill out the test rages while cycling.

MYRICK
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

MOST OF THE SO CALLED ROID RAGE COMES FROM ELEVATED BP WHEN UR BP IS ELEVATED U TEND TO JUST FEEL BAD IN GENERAL AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS U SNAP PRETTY EASY SOMETIMES MY BP GOES UP WHETHER ON CYCLE OR NOT AND ILL GO FF THE DEEP END. AS FAR AS XANAX ITS AN ANTI ANXIETY MEDICATION AND UNLESS U ABUSE IT U SHOULDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS HELL I EVEN TAKE IT EVERY NOW AND THEN AS DO ALOT OF PPL I KNOW WHILE ON CYCLE. BUT YES STILL TALK TO UR DOCTOR TO MAKE SURE U DONT HAVE SOME KIND OF CHEMICAL IMBALANCE BECAUSE THAT COULD MESS U UP. ALSO IF UR BIPOLAR I DONT RECOMMEND GEAR CAUSE WHEN U SNAP ITLL JUST BE WORSE. NOT SAYING U ARE IM JUST RAMBLING

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Some prescription drugs raise bp and alter liver values, cholesterol etc. If you can't talk to your dr. i would go to a pharmacy and talk to a pharmacist about drug interactions.

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Xanax

Prozac would be MUCH better than Xanax..........why do you find it necessary to take it? If you need those kinds of depressants, you shouldn't be touching AS period, unless you're doing for rec use, then that's just plain dumb.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I take xanax to take the anxiety edge off. i have no chemical imbalance, just an extremely busy lifestyle. the xanax is for immediate use, were as prozac is for long term results in preventing the anxiety from coming on. stress is extremely unhealthy and should be avoided when possible. would a pharmisist be able to tell me if gear and these drugs should not be used inconjunction or will they just tell me i shouldn't be using gear. asking my doctor is out of the question.

HungarianBeast is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 383
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Asking your doctor is NEVER out of the question. Tell him it is a question "off the record". They can NOT legally disclose any of the information from that point.

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

well first rado, there are plenty of people who use these drugs with AAS. there are tons of guys and girls in this community that are using anti depressants, and i don't think you meant any offense but that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. sorry if i'm being sensitive.
      TRAM if you need something to take away anxiety then use xanax. i've used it plenty of times and it works good for the purpose. just be careful with them. prozac is not something you want to mess with just for occasional anxiety. there are other purposes for the drug and it will come with a set of side effects. prozac is a long lasting drug. takes awhile to build up in your system and it takes a while to come out, so if the side effects start your kinda stuck with them for a few weeks. and you are messin with your serotonin levels so it will mess with your head and the way you are thinking. it can be very uncomfortable. stick to xanax or better yet maybe valume.

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

and like HB said. talking to your doc is NEVER out of the question. my doc knows everything. and like he said just request its off your record

BM
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Well here's my 2 cents. I feel that if your using gear and can avoid any other drugs all together you should do so. This does not include drugs and vitamins that should coexist with gear such as liver support, HCG, anti-toxants, etc. Especially any drug that falls into the family of depressants, downers, relaxants, etc. And yes I do speak from experience. I have a very bad back that now after 3 years on oxycontin has progressed to worsen some and I am now on Duragesic 75 pain patch delivering into my body a narcotic 80 times more potent than morphine. I asked my doc before I started my cycle I'm on now and his answer was that while it would not have any negative affects physically, he could not imagine that it would help any. That the more drugs one's body has to process at the same time, the harder is has to do so and that that could diminish the full effects of one or all of the drugs the user is taking.

An easy way to picture this is to think about it like a diet. If your getting ready for a show or cycling to get cut up you can say, " Can I eat some shitty food every few days. Maybe some ice cream or cookies just to take the edge off of all this dieting?" Well yes you can, but do honestly think your results of your cycle are going to be just as good as had you not eaten poorly at all. Hell no!

In ending, let me just say that any abuse of Rx drugs taken recreationally will do you more harm than good in the long run. And again, I speak from current experience and I'm not preaching at you all. I guess just most importantly I say to stay safe as possible regardless of your decisions

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

You could tell them that you are taking testosterone for hrt and you want to know if the prescription will have a negative interaction. This would also depend on what "gear" you are refering when using a prescription. Better yet, if you have health insurance, make an appointment with an endrocronologist, they specialize in this, and just ask the dr. Here are some interactions: • Do not take ketoconazole (Nizoral) or itraconazole (Sporanox) during treatment with Xanax without first talking to your doctor.
      • Xanax may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness, including antidepressants, alcohol, antihistamines, sedatives (used to treat insomnia), pain relievers, anxiety medicines, seizure medicines, and muscle relaxants. Tell your doctor about all medicines that you are taking, and do not take any medicine without first talking to your doctor.
      • Antacids may decrease the effects of Xanax. Separate doses of an antacid and Xanax by several hours whenever possible.
      • Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with Xanax. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including herbal products.
      My worry would be that there is an underlying problem causing the anxiety. Whether it is psychological or a physical one or a combination of both really needs to be determined by a health professional not yourself.

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by edvedr
      well first rado, there are plenty of people who use these drugs with AAS. there are tons of guys and girls in this community that are using anti depressants, and i don't think you meant any offense but that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. sorry if i'm being sensitive. .
      Hit a nerve I see....

What pisses me off is EVERYONE always wants to use Xanax Why? Doesn't anyone know that you can use other meds besides this shit, like Remeron, Buspirone, Elavil, etc....Don't get me started on this anxiety pill BS here becuase I just hate that everyone ALWAYS goes to the Xanax bandwagon, that shit is for people who have tried ALL the others and then some. Does anyone really KNOW what Xanax can do for you as oppose to Buspirone or Elavil?

People really don't know what they do to themselves when they take Xanax, on top of using the gear as well, how stupid is that.

If you have to depend on meds to keep in check, then don't do gear or do it while of the meds, make sense? Meds will alter your BP and other shit as well, not to mention AS.

I can go and on about anxiety meds to keep you in check and if anyone wants some good solid information, let me know, I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to these kinds of meds, not that I had or have these kind of problems, but I did have a sleeping problem for 6 years and I can tell you just about what these meds will do for you.

I read up on all anxiety/sleeping pills when I was having these problems because most doctors will give you some type of anxiety pill to help you sleep better.

If you get a chance, I've posted on here and at other boards about anxiety/sleeping problems, I even did a long article in my own words for FG about sleeping problems and I think I did talk about anxiety issues as well.

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by rado
      Hit a nerve I see....
      yes u did. and i definately don't want to argue with ya, cause i like you. but i get irratated when people with no experience with these ailments talk like they do. i suffer from anxiety and a seratonin defficiency so i know first hand. just to let you know the xanax is what was prescribed to me. but i'm curious as why you think the others are so much better than xanax

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by edvedr
      yes u did. and i definately don't want to argue with ya, cause i like you. but i get irratated when people with no experience with these ailments talk like they do. i suffer from anxiety and a seratonin defficiency so i know first hand. just to let you know the xanax is what was prescribed to me. but i'm curious as why you think the others are so much better than xanax

Well Xanax was developed for those who are just plain fucked up, sorry for the bluntness. Remeron, Elavil, Buspirone, and others(don't have my book here at work, at home) have better long term effects rather than Xanax.

Most people what they do now is go to the doctors, tell them they are having anxiety attacks(which is NOT true) to get Xanax prescribed to them. What ends up happening is the doctors(most of them) don't want to go through the channels of having patients trying different drugs and they end up giving them Xanax.

Haven't you noticed how much easier it is now to get Xanax givne to you rather than when it 1st came out? I'm no doctor here(should of been though) but I CAN tell you that most physicians need to get audited for the scripts that they give out.

You CAN and WILL become dependent on Xanax, but will NOT on any of those mentioned above

When I get home, I'd be more than glad to post up ALL the shit I know more about ALL or most anxiety/sleeping pills. Listen, I've taken Xanax(for 1 week) and don't get me wrong, it DOES feel good to be on it, but I know that in the long run, it's not a good med to be taken lightly when I know other meds can be used instead

Be safe with it and don't abuse it with other shit, especially AS or booze.