• Join Us!
  • Aromasin vs Arimidex - Cholesterol value changes
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aromasin vs Arimidex - Cholesterol value changes

SJR7674
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Aromasin vs Arimidex - Cholesterol value changes

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I have been using Arimidex at 1 mg per day and my HDL levels are going way down even though I am taking the cholesterol medication Lipitor.

Different members of the board have advised me to swith to Aromasin, because it blocks 90% of the estrogen as compared to 60-70% with Arimidex. I am actually more concerned with my cholesterol values than how much estrogen I can control (adding novadex is actually supposed to improve HDL values)

My question is this. How can Aromasin which blocks 90% of estrogen be any better, if not worse on your cholesterol values than Arimidex, which blocks 30% less estrogen. Since estrogen levels are one of the things that influence cholesterol levels, I don't see how Arimidex, Aromasin, or for that matter Letrozole be any different on values.

If this is the case, and someone can offer supporting documentation, it would definately be worth it for me to put in a call to my doc and make a change.

Thanks

firstenrgy is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Good question! I haven't seen any studies on it. Just the parroting of what others say on the boards.
      firstenrgy

SJR7674
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Anyone?

goliath.jr is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 250
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

aromasin has no negative effects on blood lipid profiles. arimadex on the other hand does. the only thing keeping it under control for you right now is lipitor. aromasin is VERY potent stuff so use it sparingly...
      The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they are suppose to like, what they're suppose to buy, and what they're suppose to laugh at. You have Beavis and Butthead telling you what music you're allowed to like and not like, and you've got sitcoms that have canned laughter that lets you know when to laugh if you're too stupid to know when the joke is. People are too lazy and too stupid to think for themselves because America has raised them that way.

mod @ superiormuscle.com

SJR7674
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

If they both stop estrogen from being produced, what is the science behinds one having a negative eefect on lipid profiles and the other not. Estrogen is what is causing the fluctaution in lipid profiles, not the actual mediaction?

new231
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

This is unrelated, but on many hair loss sites the members say that arimidex has caused them significant hair loss. These members do not use steroids and were merely experimenting with using arimidex to prevent MPB and it had the opposite effect. If you need sites I can provide them for you.

Maxhardc
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Interesting New:

Then National Library of Medicine mentions hair loss with testosterone as a "Less Common" side effect.

The Clinical profile for oxandrin doesn't mention it as a side effect at all.

The type of testosterone and your predisposition for hair loss would influence the percentage of risk. I don't think anyone really fully understands the mechanism of hair loss. I have heard some reports that hair loss is actually mediated by IGF-I.

The cases of hair loss that I have heard of came from some kids taking trenbolone. But I can't vouch for the accuracy of those anecdotal reports.

Max

goliath.jr is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 250
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by SJR7674
      If they both stop estrogen from being produced, what is the science behinds one having a negative eefect on lipid profiles and the other not. Estrogen is what is causing the fluctaution in lipid profiles, not the actual mediaction?

estrogen does not cause a poor lipid profile...

taken from healthsquare.com:

High cholesterol is the best known of all the many threats to a healthy heart. When excess amounts of this waxy, fat-like substance build up along the walls of the arteries, you face a dramatically higher risk of a complete blockage, leading to a heart attack or stroke.

At normal levels, cholesterol is not a bad thing. On the contrary, it's an essential raw material used by the body to build cell walls and produce hormones such as estrogen and testosterone. The body produces its own supply of cholesterol in the liver, and it's found naturally in all animal products (such as meats, eggs, milk, and cheese). It poses a problem only when the body is unable to use or eliminate excessive supplies.

As one of a variety of fatty substances in the body, cholesterol is classified as a lipid. It is carried through the bloodstream attached to proteins, forming complexes called lipoproteins. There are two major types of lipoproteins: the low-density lipoproteins (LDL) commonly known as "bad" cholesterol, and the high-density lipoproteins (HDL) usually dubbed "good" cholesterol. It's the "bad" LDL cholesterol that tends to form deposits on the artery walls. HDLs, on the other hand, help to clear excess cholesterol from the bloodstream. The ideal situation to aim for, then, is a low level of LDL cholesterol, a high level of HDL cholesterol, and a moderate total of both.

Cholesterol is measured in milligrams per deciliter of blood. According to the National Cholesterol Education Program, a desirable target profile consists of:

A total blood cholesterol level of less than 200
      An LDL level of:
      less than 100 if you have heart disease
      less than 130 if you're at risk of heart disease
      less than 160 if your risk of heart disease is low
      An HDL level greater than 40
      You are generally considered at risk of heart disease if two or more of the following factors apply to you:

Cigarette smoking
      High blood pressure
      Low HDL cholesterol (below 40)
      A family history of early heart disease (before 55 in a man, or 65 in a woman)
      Your own age (over 45 if you're man, over 55 if you're a woman)
      The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they are suppose to like, what they're suppose to buy, and what they're suppose to laugh at. You have Beavis and Butthead telling you what music you're allowed to like and not like, and you've got sitcoms that have canned laughter that lets you know when to laugh if you're too stupid to know when the joke is. People are too lazy and too stupid to think for themselves because America has raised them that way.

mod @ superiormuscle.com

smalls is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I can't say anything on the difference that aromasin has on cholesterol levels, but I would add 25-50mgs of clomid per day, that should help with cholesterol.
      "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
      Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
      alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
      Calvin Collidge (1872-1933)
      30th U.S. President

johnsonpride81@cyber-rights.com

ward cleaver is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Where can you get aromasin?

Governor is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 217
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

aromasin deactivates the binding enzyme. Estrogen has no where to bind to. Its still all there- thats why lipids arent affected, but it cant do anything becuase it cant bind.
      "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
      - Joseph Stalin

Power perceived is power achieved.

Unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

Pheedno is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 213
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

In the depths of a mind that those of this world could not fathom
      Level

Aromasin is an inactivator, A-dex is an inhibitor.

As Governor stated, Aromasin inacitivates the binding affinity from the estrogens to the ER

A-dex prevents conversion all together.

Using a SERM(Nolva) can help in stabilizing the negative effects from A-dex on the lipid panel, and it's still good to use a SERM for it's benfits even when using aromasin
      "The tragedy of life is not found in failure but complacency. Not in you doing too much, but doing too little. Not in you living above your means, but below your capacity. Never failure but low aim, is life's greatest tragedy"- Benjamin Mayes

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"- George Bernard Shaw

SJR7674
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Good answers gurs, thanks. I have recently added Nova to the mix and cut back on the Adex. Aromasin seems a little harsh and best left for very heavy bulking cycles.

superchicken is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 396
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i dont why people always say aromasin is too strong, its all dose relative. if one is more potent, and you dont need more potent, just take less. its a very simple concept.

i personally dont take 25mg aromasin ed, cause i dont need that much. but i still take it over ldex or letro because its better for my lipid profile. 25mg is the dose used in clinical trials usually.

in clincial trials they uisualy use 1mg ed of anastrozole. that sure doesnt mean everyone on here uses 1mg ed. most i would say use .25mg ed. 1/4 the dose used in clinical trials. keep in mind aromsin isnt some mystery drug where you absolutely have to take the full dose. you can take a smaller dose to suit your individual needs.

Governor is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 217
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Originally posted by superchicken
      i dont why people always say aromasin is too strong, its all dose relative. if one is more potent, and you dont need more potent, just take less. its a very simple concept.

i personally dont take 25mg aromasin ed, cause i dont need that much. but i still take it over ldex or letro because its better for my lipid profile. 25mg is the dose used in clinical trials usually.

in clincial trials they uisualy use 1mg ed of anastrozole. that sure doesnt mean everyone on here uses 1mg ed. most i would say use .25mg ed. 1/4 the dose used in clinical trials. keep in mind aromsin isnt some mystery drug where you absolutely have to take the full dose. you can take a smaller dose to suit your individual needs.
      I was thinking the same thing
      "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
      - Joseph Stalin

Power perceived is power achieved.

Unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.