Back in the early 80s, people bleached their hair. for some reason we thought it looked good. anyway, my sis wanted her hair bleached. my mom said OK after sis hounded her for months. "but we have to go to the beauty shop to get it done" mom said (there was no internet to find out how to use regular bleach and my mom thought all her hair would fall out if they tried)

they get home from the hair place and my sis has platinum blonde hair and black eyebrows. I laugh at her and point and mock as big brothers do. my mom got pissed as she spent $17 on this. my sis cried. she really looked silly.

My sis said she wanted to go to her friends house for show and tell, and go swimming. My mom said OK but reminded her not to get her hair wet in the pool or it would turn green because that is what the lady at the hair place said. (no facebook, snapchat, twitter, ect to show your hair, you had to get on your bike and ride to a friend's house)

DING!

I went into the kitchen and got green food coloring. I put half a bottle in my sis's conditioner.

she came home, mom said did you get your hair wet? Nope sis said and went off to shower. I heard the scream 15 minutes later.

my sis came out wrapped in a towel with a significant green tint to her hair. (cool today, UNcool back then)

my mom blasted her, I spent $17 on this and you get your hair wet at the pool! sis was crying, "it was dry i promise!". mom said "not dry enough young lady!".

I was in my room thinking "i am in deep shit!"

but they never found out. mom took her the next day back to the beauty shop and spent another $12 to get her hair colored back to dark brown. my mom grounded my sis from swimming for the whole summer. she was miserable.

i ruined my sis's chance of loni anderson hair and having a fun summer, and nobody ever knew I did it.

(google loni anderson if you do not know who she is. in the day she was HOT!)