• Join Us!
  • For our FG sports parents
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: For our FG sports parents

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default For our FG sports parents

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Let me just start out and say...Fuzo is livid, we are both disappointed and feel like agin, loyalty has bit us in the ass!

For those of you with kids in sports, you may understand this. Our daughter is a competitive gymnast and is doing quite well so far. She also has played softball for the past 5 years for the same local Park District. Well the time has come where she has become a real good player, knows the game probably better than most girls her age.

Fuzo has worked with her from day one. She has won the last 2 years homerun derbies, other competitions, fast time running bases. Just an all around type of player that can be put in any position and give it her 100%. Being a gymnast has only helped her in softball even more. The coaches in the league know who she is and she has been in the top 5 of the league the past few years. So this year she is at the age where she can get into full time travel.

We had her try out there and a couple other places. Fuzo and I are the type of parents who have always asked questions, expressed our concerns etc in anything she does. Apparently in our area, they prefer parents who keep their mouth quiet. Not happening! lol So when the roster gets picked our daughter is skipped over...Why? Some BS from the head guy and why again? He is passing a kid up with great potential and he knows damn well what kind of player she is, all because his personal feeling towards us. Other parents were surprised when they heard she was not picked, but of course no one says a word.

She got on an excellent team away from the park district and that is essentially what we wanted anyway. She has much bigger opportunities at this place and it is coached by College softball girls so it will be even better. They were impressed at her tryouts so she was placed on their main team.

Point here is between school and sports it sickens me to see parents that are envious of a child. That is not right. She is the kind of person who does well so far in what she does. We teach her to always remain humble and know that there will always be someone better. Do your best and never give up!
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: For our FG sports parents

Unfortunately this is the second time in this past year that we have realized no one has our backs, I tell Fuzo that seems to be the way it is. WE only have each other when it comes to things. See we are people that stand behind our friends and back them up. I get the feeling that most here are also the same way. I have never seen so many freakin spineless men in this past year with a couple of things we have been through. I don't get that feeling from our FG community though. Maybe these guys around here need more testosterone?lol I can tell you that I know more Moms that would back me up around here than the men do.

thanks for listening to my rant...family
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

JDUB is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 54
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I think that its prolly better that you guys moved on....Its hard not to feel the way you guys do, I understand. My daughter played for 3 years until she moved away. Shes back now. Some coaches, parents get way too wrapped up into this type of thing at younger ages. Yelling at kids because they dropped a fly ball, etc....its about having fun, not about the win.

There are stupid politics in all that stuff and it sounds like your daughter is better off.

guns01 is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      Awards:
      Activity Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i hate that crap so bad as well baby1. that's why we refuse to put our kids in the private organizations in our area. it is driven by politics and money. i also saw the same thing growing up that we have here. you got a kid that has political parents in the area or comes from a family with money and they automatically get on the team or start over kids that are much better and have much better skill sets. i like you will call a person out in a heart beat on these things. it's even more funny when they cry about losing all the time and this and that and you can say "well since you picked 4-5 kids that cant catch cant throw and basically have 2 left feet, what do you expect? sad and shameless is what it is and it's a good thing that you guys stand up for the right thing regardless of the outcome.
      TGBSupplements REP

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Use code 'Baby1' for $5 off your order

Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

We are not just' its all for fun " parents. We believe even at a young age things can be competitive and yet fun. Our daughter is competitive and has goals and hopes to play in college. yes she is young but who knows and we wont kill her dreams. There comes a point in sports when dancing in the fields and goofing around need to stop. We are at that point and she wants to play on a team where others feel the same. The girls should be treated just like the boys who play ball are. Not for princess,lol. I always tell her ' there are no princesses in this house" lol

There are teams just for fun and then there are those that want more. I think both are important for kids. She wants to be on a team that plays to win
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

Achievements:
      Awards:
      Activity Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

baby1, you just made me think of another prime example of this crap. we come from a very very small area. i mean small as in no traffic lights and some roads arent paved lol. so my high school was small single a school with an ok athletic program. my youngest brother (way way younger than me lol), was a football and baseball all star. he played for the school and a host of traveling teams pretty much year round. my parents sent him to schools and camps all over the place to hone his skills even more. well his freshman year he scored 34 touchdowns with 14 of them coming on defense. so what does the coach do? puts him on defense only and starts up a kid that's parents have influence lol. move on to baseball. being recruited as a junior in high school and an absolute super star. moves into his senior year and gets sat on the bench for the majority of the first two games. so he quits. now he is in his second year at a very large college with a full ride due to his grades but walked onto the team and made it as a starter two years in a row.
      i know that's a personal family story but that's the extent of the jack assery that goes on in sports and how it affects the kids
      TGBSupplements REP

Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guns01 View Post
      baby1, you just made me think of another prime example of this crap. we come from a very very small area. i mean small as in no traffic lights and some roads arent paved lol. so my high school was small single a school with an ok athletic program. my youngest brother (way way younger than me lol), was a football and baseball all star. he played for the school and a host of traveling teams pretty much year round. my parents sent him to schools and camps all over the place to hone his skills even more. well his freshman year he scored 34 touchdowns with 14 of them coming on defense. so what does the coach do? puts him on defense only and starts up a kid that's parents have influence lol. move on to baseball. being recruited as a junior in high school and an absolute super star. moves into his senior year and gets sat on the bench for the majority of the first two games. so he quits. now he is in his second year at a very large college with a full ride due to his grades but walked onto the team and made it as a starter two years in a row.
      i know that's a personal family story but that's the extent of the jack assery that goes on in sports and how it affects the kids
      guns, that just sux. Why do people do this to kids? It is so unfair. People like that don't deserve to be coaches. UGH!!! Even with her friends, some of the parents I cant stand but we would never take it out on the child. I sound like my Mom here but " SHAME on people like that" lol. I believe in karma and I told Fuzo to TRY to let things take there course but the principle part of him makes it hard sometimes. I told him at least we know our daughter will stand up for what she believes is right or wrong. I am glad your brother still got a full ride but so unfair on how he was treated and what he could have become in sports
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

Achievements:
      Awards:
      Activity Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by BABY1 View Post
      guns, that just sux. Why do people do this to kids? It is so unfair. People like that don't deserve to be coaches. UGH!!! Even with her friends, some of the parents I cant stand but we would never take it out on the child. I sound like my Mom here but " SHAME on people like that" lol. I believe in karma and I told Fuzo to TRY to let things take there course but the principle part of him makes it hard sometimes. I told him at least we know our daughter will stand up for what she believes is right or wrong. I am glad your brother still got a full ride but so unfair on how he was treated and what he could have become in sports
      it is very unfortunate but the funny thing is he always wanted to get in off his brains and not his athletic ability. he has enough common sense to know that if and when he got hurt in school that money would go away so he always planned to go the other route first and use sports as an alternative. he is smart dude but i still give him a hard time about being a sissy and always worrying about getting hurt lol
      TGBSupplements REP

Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

He does sound very smart. Good for him. I always tell her that she needs to keep the grades up to play sports. Guess what, fuzo is tough on her with those too,lol. He didn't have anyone to light fires under his ass when he was young...until he met me
      Veritas Vos Liberabit