So I am constantly thinking of different ways to make more money and what not. I have been toying with the idea of opening a business for a few years now, but I've never really got into the specifics of doing it and would it be something I would be willing to take a risk on, etc... I've posted on here a few times about the tshirt business idea because my buddy and I already have the printing equipment for that. This would be an on the side of my full time job kind of business. I can't seem to come up with a great name for it though and while using google, I see thousands of tshirt companies out there. That is still an idea in the works.

But this thread is more about a for real full time business. Any of you owners got any tips on what research I need to do, how do you figure up if it's worth leaving a pretty good paying job to try and make more, what gotchas are out there, is the economy in a position to sustain this business, etc...I plan on picking my step dad's brain about this too because he is a business genius in my opinion, but I want to get as many opinions as possible on this deal. Also, the business would be a conflict of interest to my current job so I can't really get a clientele going before leaving my current position. If I could do that, I would have already gotten this ball rolling..

So let me have it....what you got?