• Join Us!
  • New to this board
  • New to this board
  • New to this board
  • New to this board
  • New to this board
  • New to this board
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New to this board

Cipher
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default New to this board

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • New to this board
      • New to this board

• New to this board
      • New to this board
      • New to this board
      • New to this board
      • New to this board
      • New to this board
      Hello all,

I have some ??'s regarding supps. I have searched multiple boards and no hard concise info on what people like to use for supps. So I am asking this question: Can evryone who reads this post what they used, What brand it was, Where they got it from, and some opinions about it.

Thanks you

Ciph

BouncersBabe
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Welcome to FG!

FLEMS is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 313
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

welcome bro.......post your goals first

Cipher
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Goals are as follows

Current Specs:
      Height: 6'4"
      Current Weight: Approx 250
      Current BF: Id say somewhere in the low to mid 20's

I want to say for goals, the obvious "Lose Fat gain muscle" but something is stopping me. Is there a secific order in which to do this in first. Cut first then bulk or does it matter. I only say this because other than my stomach I am very Lean. I have a pot belly. LOL. Just sounds funny. Anyway, My legs are large (Soccer, Lacrosse, Squats) and my chest is getting bigger my still lean. Anyway, I have taken a stack VPX supps before including their 1test, Decavar and Paradeca. I did notice gains in size and strength but still too expensive formy taste. I wasted my money on that but still want to stay on the legal side for now. I work for a high profile Gov agency and get tested on the regular. I would like to try the Super 1+ product from Advant Labs. I also heard good things about ergopharms. Anyway, Been lifting for about 1 year, never really tried to cut, or all out bulf for that matter. I just need some help bro's. I used to be on the old FB before it shut down.

BTW Thanks for the welcome BouncersBabe.

Ciph

Speedracer59 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 341
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I would get the diet and cardio in check first. try to get bf down to less than 15% then try a ph. Iwould noit use vpx just because it is so expensive and there are better products out there. You mentioned a couple, Super 1+ and ergopharms 1 ad. If it were me I would start like this as far as supps. Protien powder, NYC and ECA (for the fat loss), Multi vitamin, b 12,vitamins c and e. Alternate between the ECA and NYC every 2 weeks 8-10 weeks. After the body fat is down then I would start a ph and creatine.
      "There is no such thing as big pussies just little dicks. If it is loose just keep packing dick to it."

Cipher
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default NYC?

Thanks SpeedRacer for the tips. By the way, what is NYC? Where do you normally by Vitamins? GNC? Can you explain what each of these vitamins are for?

Thanks,
      Ciph

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I get my vitamins from vitamin world. I never go in GNC.NYC norephedrine,yohimbie,caffine, can be purchased at anabolicfitness,com.
      VITAMIN E
      Vitamin E is an essential fat-soluble vitamin that includes eight naturally occurring compounds in two classes designated as tocopherols and tocotrienols. Each of these compounds exhibits different biological activities. d-a-Tocopherol has the highest biological activity and is the most widely available form of vitamin E in food. The other isomers ( beta, delta, gamma), some of which are more abundant in a typical Western diet, are less biologically active than d-a-tocopherol. The commercially available synthetic forms of vitamin E are comprised of approximately an equal mixture of eight stereoisomeric forms of a-tocopherol, usually in the esterified form such as acetate or succinate. For practical purposes, 1 International Unit (IU) of vitamin E represents 1 mg of the synthetic form, racemic a-tocopherol acetate, while the natural form of d-a-tocopherol has a biopotency of vitamin E equal to at least 1.49 IU, if not more. The most widely accepted biological function of vitamin E is its antioxidant properties. Vitamin E is the most effective chain-breaking, lipid-soluble antioxidant in biological membranes, where it contributes to membrane stability. It protects critical cellular structures against damage from oxygen free radicals and reactive products of lipid peroxidation.
      Absorption of vitamin E is dependent upon the digestion and absorption of fat. Free tocopherols are absorbed by a non-saturable, passive process into the lymphatic circulation along with fat. About 45% of an ordinary dose is absorbed into the lymph.

VITAMIN C

Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid, L-ascorbic acid, dehydroascorbic acid and the antiscorbutic vitamin. Chemically, it is called L-xyloascorbic acid and L-threo-hex-2-uronic acidy-lactone. The very highest concentrations of vitamin C are found in the adrenal and pituitary glands. High levels are also found in liver, leukocytes, brain, kidney and pancreas. Most of the vitamin C is found in liver and skeletal muscle because of their size relative to the rest of the body.
      The best characterized function of vitamin C is in the synthesis of collagen connective tissue protein at the level of hydroxylation of prolyl and lysyl residues of procollagen. Vitamin C also plays important roles in the synthesis of neurotransmitters, steroid hormones, carnitine, conversion of cholesterol to bile acids, tyrosine degradation and metal ion metabolism. This vitamin also may enhance iron bioavailability. The role of ascorbic acid as a biological reducing agent may be linked to its prevention of degenerative diseases, such as cataracts, certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases.

Deficiencies: Severe ascorbic acid deficiency results in clinical scurvy which is characterized by swollen, bleeding gums, loosening of the teeth, capillary hemorrhaging, including bleeding into joints, tender and painful extremities, poor wound healing, weakness and fatigue, and psychological disturbances.

Clinical uses: The only established use of vitamin C is in the prevention and treatment of scurvy. Studies investigating possible effects on wound healing, blood pressure, colds and immune function have been epidemiological in nature or have often employed other antioxidants in addition to ascorbic acid. In most cases, the results have been unremarkable, conflicting or inconsistent, but research and interest continue in these areas.

Diet recommendations: The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for adults is 60 mg/day in the US, but may range from 30-75 mg/day in other Western countries. Intakes of 75-95 mg/day are recommended for pregnant and lactating women. The RDA is 35 mg/day in infants and 40 mg/day in children, ages 1-3 yr. About 10 mg/day is required to prevent scurvy. Increased intake of vitamin C is recommended for stress situations such as trauma, infection, strenuous exercise, or elevated environmental temperatures. The requirement in smokers may be 100 mg/day. Recent kinetic analyses suggest that intakes of 150-200 mg/day, but below 400 mg/day, obtained from the diet, may offer the most benefit in normal, healthy individuals.

Food sources: The best food sources of vitamin C are citrus fruits, berries, melons, tomatoes, potatoes, green peppers and leafy green vegetables. Vitamin C is sensitive to air, heat and water, so it can easily be destroyed by prolonged storage, overcooking and processing of foods.

Toxicity: Megadoses of vitamin C of 1000-2000 mg have commonly been associated with gastrointestinal disturbances (nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea). In general, megadoses of vitamin C should be avoided in individuals with a history of renal stones due to oxalate formation or hemochromatosis or other diseases related to excessive iron accumulation. Excess vitamin C may predispose premature infants to hemolytic anemia due to the fragility of their red blood cells. In healthy individuals, it appears that megadoses of up to 1000 mg/day of vitamin C are well tolerated and not associated with any consistent adverse effects. Concern of its pro-oxidant properties is stimulating renewed interest in its potential long-term toxicity.

Recent research: Work continues to develop and define a useful functional test for vitamin C status, such as activities of certain enzymes, white cell viability, or perhaps a test related to the immune response. Investigations continue into developing a better understanding of the role of vitamin C beyond preventing vitamin C deficiency. Some examples are establishing optimal or pharmacologic uses of the vitamin and discerning its role as an antioxidant/pro-oxidant in human biology. Clinical studies also continue to define the role of vitamin C in the prevention and treatment of cataracts, certain cancers and other human diseases.

VITAMIN B-12

Vitamin B-12 (cobalamin), stored in the liver, is a cofactor for two coenzymes. Methyl-cobalamin catalyzes methyl group transfer from a folic acid cofactor to form methionine; the unmethylated folate cofactor then participates in single carbon reactions for nucleic acid synthesis. Thus some B-12 and folic deficiency symptoms are similar. The B-12 coenzyme deoxyadenosylcobalamin catalyzes amino acid and fatty acid breakdown.
      Deficiencies: Stages of deficiency symptoms include Stage I (early deficiency), lower serum holoTC II (<60 pg/mL); Stage II, lower serum vitamin B-12 (<300 pg/mL) and holoTC II (<40 pg/mL); Stage III, serum B-12 <200 and holoTC II <40 pg/mL, neutrophil hypersegmentation, elevated serum and urinary methylmalonic acid and homocysteine; and Stage IV (severest deficiency), also megaloblastic, macrocytic anemia. Around Stage III (before anemia), potentially irreversible demyelination of spinal cord, brain, and optic and peripheral nerves produces peripheral neuropathy progressing to subacute combined degeneration. Dementia, poor attention span, and depression may be early symptoms.

The stomach secretes intrinsic factor that binds B-12 and mediates its absorption at receptor sites in the ileum. Inadequate intrinsic factor secretion occurs in pernicious anemia, an autoimmune disease. In the elderly, atrophic gastritis is commonly associated with B-12 malabsorption and deficiency. Because the absorbed vitamin is secreted in bile and subsequently reabsorbed, deficiency symptoms can take 20 years to develop from low intakes, e.g., in strict vegetarians. However, in malabsorption, deficiency occurs in months or a few years because absorption from both the diet and enterohepatic circulation is impaired.

Diet recommendations: The Recommended Daily Allowances (RDAs) are (µg/day): 0.3 at age 0-6 months, 0.5 for 6-12 months, 0.7 for 1-3 years, 1.0 for 4-6 years, 1.4 for 7-10 years, 2.0 for adolescents and adults, 2.2 in pregnancy and 2.6 in lactation. Usual intakes are about 4-8 µg/d. Pregnant, lactating, and long-term strict vegetarians should take supplements providing the RDA.

Food sources: Vitamin B-12 is found only in animal products. Excellent sources (>10 µg/100g) include organ meats and bivalve mollusks such as clams and oysters. Moderate amounts (1-10 µg/100g) are contained in egg yolks, muscle meats and poultry, fish, fermented cheeses and dry milk. Milk and milk products contain <1 µg/100g. There is no human-active form of B-12 in algae such as nori and spirulina; the forms are all analogues.

Toxicity: No toxic effects have been reported when up to 100 µg/day are consumed. Intramuscular injections of 100 µg are usually given once/month to individuals who cannot absorb the vitamin through their intestine, because of pernicious anemia or other problems.

Recent research: Vitamin B-12 deficiency may increase the risk of neural tube defects in pregnant women with a high risk of this condition. Vitamin B-12 deficiency may be common in developing countries, perhaps due to malabsorption and low intakes.
      "There is no such thing as big pussies just little dicks. If it is loose just keep packing dick to it."

Cipher
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default WOW

Wow, What a post. Is it still a good idea to weight train or is it a better idea do just do cardio while im trying to cut. If this were you, describe what your training week would look like.

Again thanks for the info,

Ciph

Cipher
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default MRP's

Also, what about drinking a couple of MRP's in a day. I have a job that always doesnt allow me time to eat lunch (Like Today) and was wondering about them. If so what is a good brand and how many per day should I drink.

Thanks

Ciph

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Yeah, use weights and cardio. Do cardio first thing in the morning if possible. MRP's arent bad but dont go overboard on them. Try to get real food.1-3 shakes,6 meals ed. There are many good brands. Research the board and you will find tons of info on them. Good brand include: EAS, Labrada. Protien powders include Optimum, Prolab, Ultimate.

Cipher
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Difference

So there is a definite difference in protien powders vs MRP's. I was using isopure but wasnt sure if this was a MRP or just a protien powder.

Is there a way to tell? Should I still be taking protien powder as well?

Thanks again
      Ciph

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Look on the lable for the differences. A meal replacement usually has more carbs and fat and other things. It is trying to mimik a complete meal in nutrition. Aprotien powder is usually almost pure protien. Low carbs,fat etc.

Cipher
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • New to this board
      • New to this board

• New to this board
      • New to this board
      • New to this board
      • New to this board