• Join Us!
  • Obama resorts to fear mongering
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama resorts to fear mongering

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Obama resorts to fear mongering

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Obama resorts to fear mongering

PLEASE READ THIS

I am amazed at the comment today from Barack Obama that if we don't pass this stimulus bill right now, the recession may prove to be irreversible, that America may never recover from our inaction right now. That is -- wow, that's incredible. He said this recession may linger for years, our economy will lose five million more jobs. You know what this is? This is really a hedge because he can say, "Well, I didn't get my stimulus bill, I didn't get everything in my stimulus bill that I wanted," as this thing lingers for years, if it doesn't get much, much worse. He said unemployment will approach double digits. Yes. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that at some point we may not be able to reverse. He's calling this the action Americans need. He says that energy independence is one of the reasons that we have to pass the stimulus bill quickly. Energy independence. Less than 24 hours after his new interior secretary cancelled the oil and gas leases on 77 parcels of federal land, more than 130,000 acres in Utah alone. In a completely unrelated story, Cuban officials say that exploratory drilling to access potential for oil reserves in the Gulf of Mexico is likely to resume in the second quarter of this year, a sign that lower world prices for oil have not derailed efforts by the Cuban government and its foreign corporate partners to keep moving towards offshore oil production. Cuba's state oil company has estimated that there are 20 billion barrels of recoverable offshore oil in Cuban waters. The U.S. geological survey has issued a more conservative estimate, under 5 billion barrels just offshore of Cuba. But remember we don't want anything to do with carbon. The idea that this president, from the party that says Bush is using fear, that he's trying to get everybody to do something through fear, well, I don't know if you remember seeing this on TV. They don't show it very often anymore. In fact, they don't show it at all. Do you remember the World Trade Centers falling? Do you remember the field in Pennsylvania? Do you remember the Pentagon? I seem to recall actual people trying to kill us and that was using fear to get things done. But saying that our economy may never recover if he doesn't get this stimulus package, let me just put this into perspective. We're never going to recover if we don't get the $50 million for the National Endowment For the Arts, we may never recover if we don't get $380 million in the Senate bill for the Women, Infants and Children's program, we may never recover if we don't get $300 million for grants to combat violence against women, we may never recover if we don't have $6 billion for university building projects, we may never recover if we don't have $1.2 billion to provide youth summer jobs, and this bill defines "Youth" to people up to the age of 24. You'll be paying for those. We will never recover if we don't have $2.4 billion for neighborhood stabilization activities. We may never recover if we don't have $650 million for digital TV coupons. We may never recover if we don't get $150 million for the Smithsonian. We may never recover if we don't have $34 million to renovate the Department of Commerce headquarters. We may never recover if we don't have $500 million for the improvement projects for the national institute of health facilities. We may never recover if we don't have $44 million for repairs to the Department of Agriculture headquarters or $350 million for agriculture department computers. We may never recover if we don't have $88 million to help move the Public Health Service into a new building, not for a new building. To help them move to a new building. We may never survive if we don't have that $88 million for a moving truck! We may never survive if we don't have the money to convert federal auto fleets to hybrids. This country may never recover if we don't have a billion dollars for the census bureau. We may never recover if we don't have $89 billion for Medicaid or $30 billion for COBRA extensions or $36 billion for expanded unemployment or $20 billion for more food stamps. We may never recover if we don't have $850 million for Amtrak, a train that hasn't turned a profit in 50 years. America as we know it may never recover if we don't have $87 million for a polar ice breaking ship, never recover. Let's not look too deeply into why we would need a polar ice breaking ship if the poles are melting and won't have any ice! We may never recover if we don't have $1.7 million for the national park system or $55 million for the historic preservation fund. We may not survive if we don't have $7.6 million for the rural advancement program or $150 million for the agriculture commodity purposes or $150 million for producers of livestock, farm-raised fish and honeybees. We may never survive. We may never recover unless we have $160 million for paid volunteers at the Corporation for National and Community Service for the community volunteers, the National -- wait a minute. Why are we paying the volunteers?

Look, we may never survive if we don't get serious about renewable energy. Our planet has a temperature. It's very sick. We have to do everything we can. For instance, would be ridiculous for, you know, me, the president, to take Air Force one out on its maiden flight, to take a 747 jumbo jet from Washington D.C. for an out-and-back excursion to the House Democratic caucus retreat at the Kings Mill Resort and Spa in Williamsburg, Virginia, where the 747 is parked in Virginia. It would be crazy to take a 157-mile trip in a 747 jumbo jet when you've got teleconferencing there in the White House, because the Earth has a temperature and that's why America may not ever recover if we don't act now and pass $2 billion for renewable energy research or $2 billion for clean coal power plants in Illinois or $6.2 billion for a weatherization assistance program which basically is weatherstrips for underneath your door! We may never survive if we don't have $3.5 billion for energy efficiency and conservation block grants or $3.4 billion for the state energy program or $200 million for state and local electric transport projects or $300 million for the energy-efficient appliance rebate program or $400 million for hybrid cars for state and local governments or $1 billion for the manufacturing of advanced batteries or $1.5 billion for green technology, loan guarantees or $8 billion for innovative loan guarantee program or $2.4 billion for carbon capture demonstration projects or $4.5 billion for the electricity grid or $79 billion for the state fiscal stabilization fund. We may never recover if we don't do these things right now. Don't think. Do it now! Or we may never recover. Is anyone insulted?
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Fit2bLarge is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Obama resorts to fear mongering

$350 million for agriculture department computers - alot of jobs
      $300 million for grants to combat violence against women - more jobs
      $6 billion for university building projects - 6 billion in construction? how many jobs will this create?
      $34 million to renovate the Department of Commerce headquarters - will also create jobs
      $500 million for the improvement projects for the national institute of health facilities - half a billion dollars, i dont think you understand how many jobs could be filled with these projects!
      $36 billion for expanded unemployment - many hard working tax paying americans are suffering with no work. i don't object to this.

firstenrgy is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fit2bLarge View Post
      $6 billion for university building projects - 6 billion in construction? how many jobs will this create?
      $34 million to renovate the Department of Commerce headquarters - will also create jobs
      $500 million for the improvement projects for the national institute of health facilities - half a billion dollars, i dont think you understand how many jobs could be filled with these projects!
      $36 billion for expanded unemployment - many hard working tax paying americans are suffering with no work. i don't object to this.
      If all these things are so great for the economy and you are 100% sure that this will stimulate the economy and little alse can. Why not times those number by 10? Then we would REALLY stimulate the economy. As a matter of fact, lets double the total budget for the year and enjoy unbelievable prosperity!
      Fit2bLarge, please name one society EVER to exist on this planet that has taxed and spent itself into prosperity?
      A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by firstenrgy View Post
      If all these things are so great for the economy and you are 100% sure that this will stimulate the economy and little alse can. Why not times those number by 10? Then we would REALLY stimulate the economy. As a matter of fact, lets double the total budget for the year and enjoy unbelievable prosperity!
      Fit2bLarge, please name one society EVER to exist on this planet that has taxed and spent itself into prosperity?
      wow...best point you've made yet bro!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Stout1 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 62
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fit2bLarge View Post
      Are you high?

How is buying computers creating jobs?

How are getting grants to women victims from violence creating jobs?

Expanded unemployment is not creating jobs but I don't have too much reservations against this....

What I do have questiosn about is when this SPENDING bill not stimulus is going to even put this money out there...they said the majority of it isn't even going to be spent right away.
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Fuzo,

This is what i've been preaching all along. I don't know your exact feelings on George Bush but he and Obama are really one in the same...if Americans think that they are going to get anything different out of Obama they are mistaken. Yes SOME ideas of Obamas differ from George Bush but their key philosphies are one in the same. There really isn't a "two party" system anymore. Bush and Obama are both using FEAR mongering to get their issues across.

With Bush it was the Patriot Act and such...with Obama you see what he is trying to accomplish. They both are threats to the soverignety of America.
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

He cant and doesnt know what he's talking about when it comes to this stimulis package about posting those numbers. liberals in the white house will sink the united states of america as we know it.nancy cu_Nt PELOSI will continue to blow Fagoma and sink us. Remember its president pelosi
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stout1 View Post
      Fuzo,

This is what i've been preaching all along. I don't know your exact feelings on George Bush but he and Obama are really one in the same...if Americans think that they are going to get anything different out of Obama they are mistaken. Yes SOME ideas of Obamas differ from George Bush but their key philosphies are one in the same. There really isn't a "two party" system anymore. Bush and Obama are both using FEAR mongering to get their issues across.

With Bush it was the Patriot Act and such...with Obama you see what he is trying to accomplish. They both are threats to the soverignety of America.

I understand where your coming from.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by firstenrgy View Post
      Remember it was bad that Bush spent, spent, spent us into part of this mess but now that it's Obies turn it's okay. The old double standard.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Remember it was bad that Bush spent, spent, spent us into part of this mess but now that it's Obies turn it's okay. The old double standard.
      and the people elected fagobama thinking change was going to happen. duped again. I like that word duped

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      and the people elected fagobama thinking change was going to happen. duped again. I like that word duped
      Oh, don't get me wrong there was change

First african american president (well half black)
      Democrat
      and um.....
      well yeah...
      that is change

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Oh, don't get me wrong there was change

First african american president (well half black)
      Democrat
      and um.....
      well yeah...
      that is change

Well ok that change,lol

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Fuzo,

I totally agree with that. Using fear to extort, control and manipulate. In time, they will be convincing us that a police state is in our best interests.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
      I totally agree with that. Using fear to extort, control and manipulate. In time, they will be convincing us that a police state is in our best interests.
      They are working on that now....check out the FEMA camps thing that is goin on

https://freedomfiles.org/war/fema.htm

Fit2bLarge is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Are you high?

How is buying computers creating jobs?

How are getting grants to women victims from violence creating jobs?

Expanded unemployment is not creating jobs but I don't have too much reservations against this....

What I do have questiosn about is when this SPENDING bill not stimulus is going to even put this money out there...they said the majority of it isn't even going to be spent right away.
      buying computers? let's see, ordering from let's say dell, dell needs people to put these together no? jobs. After they are shipped, who's going to install them? more jobs. Who's going to support these PCs? more jobs

there's 3 tiers for you

you don't see how grants for women violence will create counseling jobs nationwide? Are YOU high?

at least we agree on expanding unemployment.