• Join Us!
  • Personal Trainers don`t know crap !!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal Trainers don`t know crap !!

diggi
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Personal Trainers don`t know crap !!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Every gym I`ve been to its the same story. You see these males and females personal trainers and they look ok not good but OK...haven`t seen one PT that looks like a bodybuilding material.. they are mostly like runners and all.

Anyways my new gym Bally`s Total Fitness I`ve been a member for a few months now I see these PT`s and they just don`t do crap for their clients..they just take their money and.. the clients get nothing in return.. I see people that do never before seen exercises just some lame cardio movement that they think it works.. those PT are probably laughin their asses off.. people are stupid..

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Personal Trainers don`t know crap !!

I know what you mean. It's so sad!
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

mtnmedic is offline Platinum
      is Being patient

I am:
      Cool

Level

What a trip I was thinking the same thing too. Seems like most of the clients are in better shape than the PT ?
      Leaders did what others weren't willing to do, now they enjoy the things that others do not.

Terra Explorations
      Our passion never dies !
      ) O (

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I had a bro who worked at Bally's and he said they don't require PT certs for their trainers. They have this 'standard' program they put people on. There are some who know there stuff, but at Bally's it far and few between. Bally's is a money money money gym and they rape their trainers. Why the hell would a good trainer go there and get 50% or less of the fee? The good ones don't. There is a gym here in my town that probably has better trainers than any one gym I've ever been to. The owner, a good buddy of mine, doesn't charge the trainers anything. Not one cent, so as you can imagine, he gets a lot of wanabe trainers. He's a former BB with an outstanding record. He won several big shows but wasn't willing to do the GH necessary to go pro. Anyways, he knows his stuff and has been around the sport for 25 years. Also, he is good friends with Charles Pliquin who trains at his gym from time to time. Anyways, when trainers come to his gym he has one rule, they must train him on three sessions. If they do a bad job they get the boot, if the do a good job they get a job. I have so much respect for how he does this. Even though he makes no money, he still requires the best for his members. The how a gym should be run, the custome is number one. You do that, and the rest takes care of itself.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

NATE is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 103
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Thanks for letting me know that all my certifications and time spent with clients is all for not. I actuallyy feel better knowing that i wasted endless hours of my life studying and such.

I'll tell you what, I'm going to let all my clients and members know that i don't know shit and send them your direction so you can deal with them, hows that? would that make you feel better? would that make your accusations justified? or am i talking out the side of my neck about something i know nothing about again?

I know your comments are in a general sense but, did you ever consider that those trainers are doing exaclty what their clients want them to? do you realize that not everybody wants to be a bodybuilder or move shitloads of weight? Can you fathom the thought that people have injuries you know nothing about? Heart conditions, high blood pressure,MS...the list goes on and on bro, you have NO idea.

In house certs ( like the ones at ballys) are a joke. Those certs are for high school/ college kids that are looking for a little xtra money...and you're right, they dont know much about training another person. Like T said, they have guidlines to follow, a generalized program thats instituted by the organazation. Proof that they don't know squat.

Next time you want to shoot your mouth off about personal trainers you might want to specify the group you speak of and not include the ones (like myself) that will own your ass in a heartbeat. Every profession has their own group of slackjawed lazy phonies, the fitness industry and personal training is no exception...

Fit2bLarge is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

a bit touchy about the subject eh? lol guess you've heard this rant before...

Quote Originally Posted by NATE
      Thanks for letting me know that all my certifications and time spent with clients is all for not. I actuallyy feel better knowing that i wasted endless hours of my life studying and such.

I'll tell you what, I'm going to let all my clients and members know that i don't know shit and send them your direction so you can deal with them, hows that? would that make you feel better? would that make your accusations justified? or am i talking out the side of my neck about something i know nothing about again?

I know your comments are in a general sense but, did you ever consider that those trainers are doing exaclty what their clients want them to? do you realize that not everybody wants to be a bodybuilder or move shitloads of weight? Can you fathom the thought that people have injuries you know nothing about? Heart conditions, high blood pressure,MS...the list goes on and on bro, you have NO idea.

In house certs ( like the ones at ballys) are a joke. Those certs are for high school/ college kids that are looking for a little xtra money...and you're right, they dont know much about training another person. Like T said, they have guidlines to follow, a generalized program thats instituted by the organazation. Proof that they don't know squat.

Next time you want to shoot your mouth off about personal trainers you might want to specify the group you speak of and not include the ones (like myself) that will own your ass in a heartbeat. Every profession has their own group of slackjawed lazy phonies, the fitness industry and personal training is no exception...

diggi
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Nate, first of all watch the way you talk to me. I never mentioned your name in this thread and this thread wasn`t supposed to target all personal trainers that are alive today. So chill, alright ?

If you read my thread I`m specificly telling you guys about MY GYM and what goes on inside, I didn`t mention any other place did I ?

And NO, you must be a certified PT to work in Bally`s as their PT, have your own insurance etc. I asked the manager about this already.

See, I know alot about training myself, and I can guarantee you even without the "so called" certificate I can provide all these clients in my gym BETTER then these lamers in my gym. I`ve seen personal trainers that are actually good in other gyms i.e SuperFitness. They really make their clients work..even the ones who are totally out of shape. In Bally`s its like they`re playing Dodge Ball or something.. and I`ve seen these people who work with their PT and honestly in 4 or 5 months you should be able to notice results.. but guess what.. they look the same year round... ??

That tells you everything..

So Nate, before you insult me or anyone do your homework first.

Peace.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by diggiboy
      Nate, first of all watch the way you talk to me. I never mentioned your name in this thread and this thread wasn`t supposed to target all personal trainers that are alive today. So chill, alright ?

If you read my thread I`m specificly telling you guys about MY GYM and what goes on inside, I didn`t mention any other place did I ?

And NO, you must be a certified PT to work in Bally`s as their PT, have your own insurance etc. I asked the manager about this already.

See, I know alot about training myself, and I can guarantee you even without the "so called" certificate I can provide all these clients in my gym BETTER then these lamers in my gym. I`ve seen personal trainers that are actually good in other gyms i.e SuperFitness. They really make their clients work..even the ones who are totally out of shape. In Bally`s its like they`re playing Dodge Ball or something.. and I`ve seen these people who work with their PT and honestly in 4 or 5 months you should be able to notice results.. but guess what.. they look the same year round... ??

That tells you everything..

So Nate, before you insult me or anyone do your homework first.

Peace.
      I see, maybe it was the title of the thread that threw me off...or, maybe i have a slight reading comprehension problem and didn't understand what "Personal Trainers don't know crap" meant..

My bad....

diggi
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I see, maybe it was the title of the thread that threw me off...or, maybe i have a slight reading comprehension problem and didn't understand what "Personal Trainers don't know crap" meant..

My bad....
      I can almost guarantee that you didn`t even read my thread..you just read the topic and replied right away, but its cool. At that time I really didn`t know how to come up with a better topic..

Lily is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

A personal trainer should be just that...someone to find the best work out for your needs....everyone's workout needs are different. The owners of my little gym in the boonies are awesome..the husband is a runner and does that type of stuff and trains people who want that type of training, his wife on the other hand teaches karate and weight training and diet and matches the weight training to your own goals and she makes sure you stay on track with positive conversation and advice. The previous owner still works there training and damn she is a body builder..she trains the ones that want to be he-men and he-women..lol She also works with the elderly.

So all I am trying to say is a gym should have trainers that actually want to and are able to train per individual and not as a whole, does that make sense? Not everyone wants muscle on top of muscle and everyone has their own goals.

What gets me is when you see someone doing a machine wrong or standing wrong or whipping through reps like its a race and no one tells them that's not correct!! And these people wonder why no good results are happening...DUH....
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starch into aches, pains and cramps! (that's why I don't do 'em LOL)

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

In Bally`s its like they`re playing Dodge Ball or something.. and I`ve seen these people who work with their PT and honestly in 4 or 5 months you should be able to notice results.. but guess what.. they look the same year round... ??
      Two things:

1- Bally's GM's (for the most part) are full of crap. I was offered jobs by them all the time when I worked for ACS because they knew I could sell. However, they are taught 'tell the client whatever they need to hear' policy. I know this from 4 different personal friends who have all GM'd at a Bally's, so trust me when I tell you, they will say what ever. Now, some may have certs and insurance, but I know for a fact that many don't. I know because I worked in that industry for 7 years and I still have bros today that work for Bally's and they tell about all the crap they pull. Sure, you might have a few good apples in the bunch but Bally's as a whole is a money machine. They don't give a crap about the cunsumer, only the money. They are a huge company and like most huge companies, the share holders are the only ones they want to please. You can take his word for it, but I wouldn't. Not unless I physically seen each trainers cert and copy of ins.

2- On the flip side, there is usually a whole different kind of person that goes to Bally's over Bob's Gym or whatever smaller club that catters to the more serious BB. The difference is goals and physcial condition. For instance, take fibromyalgia, people who suffer from this disease look and cat normal but they come under very serious pain when they lift weights. Therefore, you must train them much much more sensitively. Also, you have post clinical rehab training, which requires much lower intensity. And finally, the 'I won't do this unless you make me' crowd. This makes up probably 50% of the clients at a place like Bally's. They tell the trainer 'I just need you for discipline, but I don't want to be beat to hell'. The trianer doesn't care, this is the type of client that stays with you year round. They usually don't get good results because they have no self-discipline and eat like crap. Furthermore, they don't care to look like BB's or models, they just want the piece of mind they are doing something healthy for themselves. Even if it is half-assed, they feel better because they show up on a regular basis. And finally, these are the same people who don't have what it takes to trian themselves. They can't remeber what to do for a body part so they pay someone to show them. Basically, they are paying for the attention and guidance, and not to look like anyone or anything.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

candyman
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Good call on the clientele that Bally's appeals to, T-Man. I was wondering, what's the policy for Bally's if someone who comes into their gym is going through a PT session and injures themself? Can Bally's be held responsible or even the Trainer? If this is the case, it would explain why every PT session I've ever seen looks like the Trainer is trying to *****foot around having the client do any REAL work in the gym..i.e. free weights with dumbells that are bigger than 7 1/2 lbs. Or maybe these people don't even WANT to get in better shape. They just pretend like they do so they can tell their spouse/co-workers/family members that they're working out at Bally's with a personal trainer, but they don't give a crap if they get any results or not. It sounds cool. Maybe the Candyman should get a personal trainer...HEY EVERYONE, I'M GETTING A PERSONAL TRAINER! SHE'S GONNA BE HOT!!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I can almost guarantee that you didn`t even read my thread..you just read the topic and replied right away, but its cool. At that time I really didn`t know how to come up with a better topic..
      I can guarantee that you didn't read the entirety of my post as well. If you had you would have realised that i was in agreeance with you on the in house certs that bally's has for their trainers. Either way, it makes no difference. Fuckheads are everywhere, stupidity has no boundries and unfortunitely for me there are people infringing upon my rep as a good trainer. I completely understand why you came to the conclusion you did, i have no problems.

And yes, To whoever said i was being touchy...I sure as hell was...So what, maybe i'm tired of hearing people cast judgment upon my profession when they know the people thery are talking about have nothing to do with my profession.

Time to smoke a bowl....

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by candyman
      Good call on the clientele that Bally's appeals to, T-Man. I was wondering, what's the policy for Bally's if someone who comes into their gym is going through a PT session and injures themself? Can Bally's be held responsible or even the Trainer? If this is the case, it would explain why every PT session I've ever seen looks like the Trainer is trying to *****foot around having the client do any REAL work in the gym..i.e. free weights with dumbells that are bigger than 7 1/2 lbs. Or maybe these people don't even WANT to get in better shape. They just pretend like they do so they can tell their spouse/co-workers/family members that they're working out at Bally's with a personal trainer, but they don't give a crap if they get any results or not. It sounds cool. Maybe the Candyman should get a personal trainer...HEY EVERYONE, I'M GETTING A PERSONAL TRAINER! SHE'S GONNA BE HOT!!

Thats already been explained...Bally's is about money, not fitness. If you choose a trainer from bally's thats your fault, nobody elses.

space mountain is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

im very very very picky on who i pt. just because u want to hire me dont mean i will accept! PERIOD! the first 30 min i sit down and we discuss everything. a person lifting history, their goals etc. if i hear a bunch of grap like well my work hrs is a prob or whatever i dont mess with them .
      If bigger is better then im better than ever !