• Join Us!
  • Japan's wimpy military
  • Japan's wimpy military
  • Japan's wimpy military
  • Japan's wimpy military
  • Japan's wimpy military
  • Japan's wimpy military
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japan's wimpy military

Rage is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 242
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Japan's wimpy military

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Japan's wimpy military
      • Japan's wimpy military

• Japan's wimpy military
      • Japan's wimpy military
      • Japan's wimpy military
      • Japan's wimpy military
      • Japan's wimpy military
      • Japan's wimpy military
      After reading through a couple threads about North Korea's aggressive behavior I was struck by how many here at Fitness Geared felt Japan could stomp the holy shit out of North Korea if push came to shove. I think that may be a popular myth. Personally, I think Japan is a "paper dragon." I mean that in terms of their military numbers AND their fighting spirit. The Japanese people have become mostly a bunch of pacifist wussies. Did you know that the Japanese troops stationed in Iraq are making about $5000/month for hazard pay? And if one of them dies, the family gets about $1,000,000 compensation. This policy would bankrupt them if they went to war. Obviously this policy assumes there will be no war. They depend on America to defend them. We're their "rent-a-defense."
      -Rage (aka Andrew @ Muscle Maniax)

"Ok I'm here it's Saturday night at 11:00 pm and no one is on so I will go work out then!!"--Captain Canuck

[Referring to Pump]"I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven."--Schwarzenegger

Fit2bLarge is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Japan's wimpy military

oh sure, after hiroshima/nagasaki, we put japan in our pocket. they have no real military. the strongest military presence in Japan are the US Marines.

A war with North Korea would most likely be an air war, not ground anyway. The military is really rethinking how many bodys their puttin on the front lines. As technology advances, we'll only need small specialized elite units to do any ground work. everything else will be remotely controlled, far from harms way.

this is my vision anyway

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I never though Japan could stomp anyone, but they can provide the funds needed to stomp anyone. You underestimate how much money Japan has. They have all the technology and very little people on that island to take from the pie. Trust me, Japan has more money than any other country. They loan more money to other countires than any other country. How do you think we are so in debt?

But, you are right, Japan has no military. Their constitution clearly states that Japan can not have an offensive military or offensive weapons. Their so called military is only for defense, that's it. But, they have the resources to allow someone like us, England or Austrailia to come over and fight. They provide the resources and we use them. That's what makes them so valuable. Trust me, they could fund an a huge part of a world war and not go bankrupt. Too many countries owe them and it's not like sales on Hondas, Toyotas or Acuras are dropping anytime soon. As a matter of fact, many car companies are going to these Japanese companies to get their motors. My best friend works at Lotus Cars USA and the Elise was going to get their motor from one company but it couldn't stand the test. So, they got Toyota to tweek the celica engine and that's what's in the car now. Japan has money and will always have money as long as they keep making solid products. Unlike the US, how many Fords do you think are exported? LOL Not many if any at all.

Also, if an actual war required that Japan put soldiers on the ground they would change their current guidelines. They are too smart for that. I bet they haven't lost more than a few guys in Iraq if that. Anyone know the stats on it? I would bet at that price tag, if it's correct, they aren't going to put their guys in direct figthing. I could be wrong, but I think Japan is way to smart to do something that would cost them 1M per soldier.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i for one am sick of fighting everyone elses war...if japan wants to act tuff....screw em let them fend for themselves...how many us troops do we need killed defending japan for christ sake?
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by pigmeat
      i for one am sick of fighting everyone elses war...if japan wants to act tuff....screw em let them fend for themselves...how many us troops do we need killed defending japan for christ sake?
      Agreed. However, I think anything in N Korea will result in attacks from Battleships. They probably wont even touch the ground. Just a bunch of precise bombs to take out our their rocket technology. IMO

Also, I thing Japan is getting worried because if these idiots do attempt to launch a nuke and it detonates too soon or crashes into the ocean and detonates it could phuk up the whole eco-system over there for a long long time.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007
      I bet they haven't lost more than a few guys in Iraq if that. Anyone know the stats on it? I would bet at that price tag, if it's correct, they aren't going to put their guys in direct figthing. I could be wrong, but I think Japan is way to smart to do something that would cost them 1M per soldier.
      You're right. Zero casualties for Japan's Self Defense Forces in Iraq. They are kept out of harms' way doing things like water purification far from hot zones.

T-Man, I think I agree with everything you said in your post except I think Japan is the second richest country to America. Statistics can be argued over both ways since Japan has so much savings and America so much debt. Japan is good for writing checks and that's it. But money is great power.

I just started this thread because I get the impression that a lot of people confuse the World War II Japanese fighting machine with modern Japan and that's just like night and day. Today's mainstream Japanese stick their heads in the ground like ostriches and yell "peace, peace!" When North Korea launched its first test missile that passed over Japan and fell into the Pacific Ocean last year (or was it two years ago?) Japan was not aware of it until after it was over. "Good morning, Prime Minister Koizumi. Apparently North Korea launched a missile over us last night while we were sleeping."

"Ok I'm here it's Saturday night at 11:00 pm and no one is on so I will go work out then!!"--Captain Canuck

[Referring to Pump]"I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven."--Schwarzenegger

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Saudi Arabia has to be richer than uS or japan...they rule the entire world......The thing is , though, anyone strikes N Korea, and the south is wiped out in seconds....thats how they will hold everyone at bay...
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by pigmeat
      Saudi Arabia has to be richer than uS or japan...they rule the entire world......The thing is , though, anyone strikes N Korea, and the south is wiped out in seconds....thats how they will hold everyone at bay...
      Well, the thing about Saudi is that the government isn't rich but the shieks who have the oil are. I may be wrong but isn't most of their oil controlled by people and not the government. Of course, most of these guys are in government but that's different.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Hey Pigmeat, I think you mean Saudi Arabia is the richest because everybody feels oil is so valuable now and it seems like the Saudis are getting rich while doing little work for it. But don't compare the wealth of any nation outside the G-7 with a G-7 country, other than China. China may someday join the G-7 but its still kept out because its not considered a free market. Saudi Arabia is way down the list.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I just Googled it and the top economies are America, Japan, Germany--in that order. China has risen to #6 which is a bit of a revolution. But Saudi Arabia is way down the list at #38. Iran is above Saudi Arabia.

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Japan is a good friend to the U.S. and I respect them for their presence in Iraq. I am not sure if they could beat N. Korea or not. However, I was stationed in South Korea and can tell you that we the U.S. would not be able to "stomp" N. Korea with our troop in S. Korea in my opinion. We would get crushed! We would defeat them, however, it would be with our bombers and fighters over their skies. The N. Koreans have an enormous army. Our Gernerals have said that we are merely a speed bump to the N. Koreans, and as a result we moved 25,000 of our troops off of the DMZ, leaving a mere 5,000 marines there. Another General told us that in the early hours of battle N. Korea would take out over a million people in Seoul due to the amount of artillery they have pointed at S. Korea. Our bases would most likely be destroyed leaving us to fight the battle from Japan and Guam.

As for Japan, they do have a decent army from what I have seen and been told. Yet, they are no comparison to us. S. Korea is also doing very well. I think they would be able to stand alone in Korea but would need our backing them if a war broke out between them and the North.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

superdog
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I`m sorry that almost everyone posting in this thread hasn`t recieved the education that I have. Without naming your mistakes one by one, because I don`t want be offencive, please refer to a new post that I`m in the process of writing entitled "Japan`s military".

Personally, I think sharing some of what I know will be fun. You guys are in for a suprise.

SD

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by superdog
      I`m sorry that almost everyone posting in this thread hasn`t recieved the education that I have. Without naming your mistakes one by one, because I don`t want be offencive, please refer to a new post that I`m in the process of writing entitled "Japan`s military".
      I'd like to hear the "mistakes" one by one. I think Japan's military is the paper dragon I said it is. It's a plum begging to be picked.

superdog
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Rage
      I'd like to hear the "mistakes" one by one. I think Japan's military is the paper dragon I said it is. It's a plum begging to be picked.
      Well the first mistake is to start threads on a subject on which you know little about.

You`ve lied consistantly thoughout this thread and the one I posted about Japan`s military.

First you say that Japan can`t have the #2 Economy (because statistics can be debated...) the you say that OH GOLLY GEE I DUN JUST GOOGLED IT AND IT IS #2 AFTER ALL.

OK Einstein, since you think Japan`s military is a paper dragon. Detail for me how this countries defence isn`t prepared, what threat exactly do you see knocking off this "paper dragon"?

Fit2bLarge is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Japan's wimpy military
      • Japan's wimpy military