i dont so much take those types of statements as a negative. most of the older end bodybuilders and power lifters that i know did dumb shit coming up and now they are paying for it. more often times than not they see other younger end guys doing almost the exact same things that they did and they are giving the age old wisdom of, "that's probably not a good idea because you are going to pay for it at my age" me on the other hand, i just observe the stupidity shake my head and move on. it has zero impact on me or my training so in all honesty what that retard is doing is all on them.
i also cant say that i practiced what i now preach nor did i listen to the old guys either. i would go straight in and squat dead lift and bench with pretty much no warmup at all other than up sets. so now i am paying for it and my prep work for training is a long ass drawn out process. i am still relatively healthy and can move some weight but in hindsight i should have heeded their warnings and advice and i would probably be much further along than i am now