• Join Us!
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • Join Us!

  • Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????

PowerHouse Labs

  • Join Us!
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • WTF's wrong with people??????
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 15 of 20

    Thread: WTF's wrong with people??????

    1. #1
      kite's Avatar
      kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Points: 153,624, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      9,741
      Points
      153,624
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      1203

      Default WTF's wrong with people??????



      • Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????

      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      WELLINGTON, Ohio An artist who was forced to remove his **** gingerbread men from the window of a hardware store has set up the display in an empty storefront in another town.

      "The Secret Lives of Gingerbread Men" depicts a small gathering at a **** rally. Keith McGuckin set up the display in this northeastern Ohio city Thursday night, a day before the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah begins at sundown.

      The owner of a hardware store in nearby Oberlin made McGuckin remove the display last month after getting complaints.

      McGuckin, 50, said the subject is meant to provoke thought, not offend.

      "I remember thinking to myself, 'What's the worst thing a gingerbread man can do?"' he said. "They're just copying things that people have done. There are no hidden messages here."

      Last winter, McGuckin used the hardware store window to display a "caroler-bashing" snowman and a little boy excited about using his chemistry set to create the illegal drug crystal meth.

      He said he wasn't aware he had set up the **** gingerbread men so close to Hanukkah.

      "This one does seem to rub people the wrong way," he said. "But I hope it'll stay up for a little while."

      McGuckin received permission to use the empty storefront from the owner, The (Elyria) Chronicle-Telegram reported Friday.
      Attached Images Attached Images

    2. #2
      kite's Avatar
      kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Points: 153,624, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      9,741
      Points
      153,624
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      1203

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Ya know I'm a pretty sick bastard and can usually find humor in just about anything, but this type of shit really pisses me off! Assholes like this need to be beaten down like a rabid fukking dog.

    3. #3
      DJDIGGLER's Avatar
      DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      I think your missing his point kite. He's trying to say that people sometimes lead secret lives.

      Kind of like these politicians that get ridiculed for having an affair or whatnot when everyone knows damn well that they have skeletons of their own in the closet. It's kind of like society feels it's good to persecute others for doing stuff wrong as long as they don't personally get persecuted.

    4. #4
      BigDawg's Avatar
      BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      Points: 81,250, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      is entering beast mode
       
      I am:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      east coast baybee
      Posts
      3,470
      Points
      81,250
      Level
      100
      Blog Entries
      1
      Rep Power
      609

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Does this mensa candidtae actually hold down a job somewhere or is he just one of these phuqing aavante-garde hoity toity artistes?
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.





      I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

    5. #5
      supasaiyan99's Avatar
      supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Points: 93,615, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      5,871
      Points
      93,615
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      823

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      I think your missing his point kite. He's trying to say that people sometimes lead secret lives.

      Kind of like these politicians that get ridiculed for having an affair or whatnot when everyone knows damn well that they have skeletons of their own in the closet. It's kind of like society feels it's good to persecute others for doing stuff wrong as long as they don't personally get persecuted.
      I don't get what you're saying? How does politicians having affairs relate to a political party set on hate and wanting to exterminate an entire race of people? The swastika used by ****s is a symbol of hatred and shouldn't be displayed.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN






    6. #6
      BIGFOST's Avatar
      BIGFOST
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Sick people in the world bro.

    7. #7
      Caddyman's Avatar
      Caddyman
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      i think its kinda funny, you guys are uptight.....its just a joke..

    8. #8
      BIGFOST's Avatar
      BIGFOST
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Call me uptight but people in my family and im sure many other people heres family died to stop that. I think its sick. To turn a Christian holiday into a **** party rally.

    9. #9
      DJDIGGLER's Avatar
      DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Quote Originally Posted by supasaiyan99 View Post
      I don't get what you're saying? How does politicians having affairs relate to a political party set on hate and wanting to exterminate an entire race of people? The swastika used by ****s is a symbol of hatred and shouldn't be displayed.
      Ok so your saying that we're supposed to erase history instead of learn from it? That makes absolutely zero sense. This is exactly the reason that history repeats itself. If people keep covering up the past, and refuse to discuss it how are they supposed to learn from it??

      My comment on politicans was a simple analogy to make the point that people point the finger when they have skeletons in their own closet!

      I don't in anyway condone or support what ****** and the **** party have done. It sickens me and really bothers me that so many of them got away with their heinous crimes. But that's no excuse to bury the past rather than show people why we have to open our f'n eyes to what's going on around us.

      Did you know that ****** would stage things to trick the public into thinking it was ok to take over that country? For instance he dressed a jew in a polish military uniform, put him at the german / poland border, gave him a gun, then had him killed. He then told the public that a polish soldier fired at the germans, thus giving germany the green light to invade poland.

      This was one of ******s many tricks he would use to seduce the masses.

      Sound familiar?? Or are people to blind to see?? Maybe a look the past of our own government would startle you! We have many different de-classified articles where our government openly admits to making self inflicted wounds in order to give us the right to make different aggressive actions on countries. Maybe like ignoring warnings of the twin towers bombing. Or how about saying there's WMD's in a certain country when there's not, in order to invade?

      So again I say history repeats itself and people should not be blind to it!

      Oh and by the way the swaztika was an ancient symbol that the ****'s stole.

    10. #10
      supasaiyan99's Avatar
      supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Points: 93,615, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      5,871
      Points
      93,615
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      823

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      Ok so your saying that we're supposed to erase history instead of learn from it? That makes absolutely zero sense. This is exactly the reason that history repeats itself. If people keep covering up the past, and refuse to discuss it how are they supposed to learn from it??

      My comment on politicans was a simple analogy to make the point that people point the finger when they have skeletons in their own closet!

      I don't in anyway condone or support what ****** and the **** party have done. It sickens me and really bothers me that so many of them got away with their heinous crimes. But that's no excuse to bury the past rather than show people why we have to open our f'n eyes to what's going on around us.

      Did you know that ****** would stage things to trick the public into thinking it was ok to take over that country? For instance he dressed a jew in a polish military uniform, put him at the german / poland border, gave him a gun, then had him killed. He then told the public that a polish soldier fired at the germans, thus giving germany the green light to invade poland.

      This was one of ******s many tricks he would use to seduce the masses.

      Sound familiar?? Or are people to blind to see?? Maybe a look the past of our own government would startle you! We have many different de-classified articles where our government openly admits to making self inflicted wounds in order to give us the right to make different aggressive actions on countries. Maybe like ignoring warnings of the twin towers bombing. Or how about saying there's WMD's in a certain country when there's not, in order to invade?

      So again I say history repeats itself and people should not be blind to it!

      Oh and by the way the swaztika was an ancient symbol that the ****'s stole.
      Ok first of all I said nothing about erasing history. There is a big difference between sitting in a history class or going to a musuem or reading a book about ****s and seeing the symbol and learning about it vs having that symbol displayed in a public store window! Do you think burning crosses in someone's lawn is ok since it will remind us of history? I think not! So what that the swaztika is an ancient symbol? The most current representation of the symbol is hatred. The KKK's hooded white sheets was a ancient uniform worn by monks in Europe. So what? The most current representation of the hooded white sheets is hatred!

      Also your statement right here. Think really hard on that one. Do you really mean that? I think I can find threads of you arguing against that claim when it pertains to another race who's known to bring up the past quite a bit.
      If people keep covering up the past, and refuse to discuss it how are they supposed to learn from it??
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN






    11. #11
      DJDIGGLER's Avatar
      DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Quote Originally Posted by supasaiyan99 View Post
      Ok first of all I said nothing about erasing history. There is a big difference between sitting in a history class or going to a musuem or reading a book about ****s and seeing the symbol and learning about it vs having that symbol displayed in a public store window! Do you think burning crosses in someone's lawn is ok since it will remind us of history? I think not! So what that the swaztika is an ancient symbol? The most current representation of the symbol is hatred. The KKK's hooded white sheets was a ancient uniform worn by monks in Europe. So what? The most current representation of the hooded white sheets is hatred!
      Sure you're implying that you nor anyone should have to see that. Well mistake number one. If you don't like freedom what are you doing in the supposed land of the free? People have a right to express themselves regardless if it offends you or not. I get offened when black people have the audacity to blame "the white man" for enslaving them, when in fact they are to ignorant to remember that it was "the white man" that freed them and fought a bloody azz battle for them. But it's easy to forget that. You know what they say give someone an inch and they take a mile. Now freedom isn't good enough so they try to ask for money or things because it's what we owe them. No surprise!

      But regardless if it offends me or not....THEY HAVE THE RIGHT!!!!!

      Another point not everyone is in school, or goes to museums, or purposely finds books to read about the ****'s. I sure don't do any of that stuff. This is the exact reason why sometimes people must be reminded of the atrocities that have happened in the past, to prevent it from ever happening in the future. So many people these days have closed minds and don't know how to use them. All you have to do is open your eyes and understand the symbology for what that statue stands.

      Lastly if your saying that because the current representation of the swaztika should not be displayed then I guess we should go and destroy all of the ancient statues that bear that symbol. Good call, thats not considered covering up history at all to suit your own agenda.



      Quote Originally Posted by supasaiyan99 View Post
      Also your statement right here. Think really hard on that one. Do you really mean that? I think I can find threads of you arguing against that claim when it pertains to another race who's known to bring up the past quite a bit.
      Please by all means do! I'd love to see it.

    12. #12
      supasaiyan99's Avatar
      supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Points: 93,615, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      5,871
      Points
      93,615
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      823

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      Sure you're implying that you nor anyone should have to see that. Well mistake number one. If you don't like freedom what are you doing in the supposed land of the free? People have a right to express themselves regardless if it offends you or not. I get offened when black people have the audacity to blame "the white man" for enslaving them, when in fact they are to ignorant to remember that it was "the white man" that freed them and fought a bloody azz battle for them. But it's easy to forget that. You know what they say give someone an inch and they take a mile. Now freedom isn't good enough so they try to ask for money or things because it's what we owe them. No surprise!

      But regardless if it offends me or not....THEY HAVE THE RIGHT!!!!!

      Another point not everyone is in school, or goes to museums, or purposely finds books to read about the ****'s. I sure don't do any of that stuff. This is the exact reason why sometimes people must be reminded of the atrocities that have happened in the past, to prevent it from ever happening in the future. So many people these days have closed minds and don't know how to use them. All you have to do is open your eyes and understand the symbology for what that statue stands.

      Lastly if your saying that because the current representation of the swaztika should not be displayed then I guess we should go and destroy all of the ancient statues that bear that symbol. Good call, thats not considered covering up history at all to suit your own agenda.





      Please by all means do! I'd love to see it.

      Ok, I'm discussing about displaying symbols of hatred and now you are bringing up black people begging you for money? I see we have very different ways of thinking thus no need to discuss this any further.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN






    13. #13
      DJDIGGLER's Avatar
      DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Quote Originally Posted by supasaiyan99 View Post
      Ok, I'm discussing about displaying symbols of hatred and now you are bringing up black people begging you for money? I see we have very different ways of thinking thus no need to discuss this any further.
      Exactly my point! So many are closed minded and can't try to take the time to interpret the meaning behind things.

      That's right play the victim card. If you read my post correctly you would've understood I was simply saying most black people always bring up this slavery garbage saying the white man owes them, when in fact the white man died to free them! But of course you wouldn't want to take the time to interpret what I was saying. It's much easier to just ignore points to try and make yourself sound right.

      If you looked properly at the correlation to the ****** subject you'd understand that your implying it's ok for one group of people to bring up the past (blacks and slavery) but it's not ok for other to bring up the past (****'s). Atleast the guy with the **** thing is trying to make people learn from the past, whereas the black slavery argument is people being naive and looking for handouts!!!!!!

    14. #14
      supasaiyan99's Avatar
      supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Points: 93,615, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      5,871
      Points
      93,615
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      823

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      Exactly my point! So many are closed minded and can't try to take the time to interpret the meaning behind things.

      That's right play the victim card. If you read my post correctly you would've understood I was simply saying most black people always bring up this slavery garbage saying the white man owes them, when in fact the white man died to free them! But of course you wouldn't want to take the time to interpret what I was saying. It's much easier to just ignore points to try and make yourself sound right.

      If you looked properly at the correlation to the ****** subject you'd understand that your implying it's ok for one group of people to bring up the past (blacks and slavery) but it's not ok for other to bring up the past (****'s). Atleast the guy with the **** thing is trying to make people learn from the past, whereas the black slavery argument is people being naive and looking for handouts!!!!!!

      Re-read my posts in their entirety. I am no way saying what you are implying.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN






    15. #15
      T-Man007's Avatar
      T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Points: 104,257, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Rocky Mountains
      Posts
      7,974
      Points
      104,257
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      828

      Default Re: WTF's wrong with people??????

      • Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????

      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      • WTF's wrong with people??????
      Well, here's my take on it....there is some humor in trying to make the gingerbread men have secret lives....but this is a bad example. It's no different than dressing them up in little white robes around a burning cross and putting them up in a community with alot of black people, it's just wrong.

      Now, if they had taken gingerbread men and dressed them up in drag, that would have been funny. This was some person who has a bad sense of humor and bad taste. Even though this is the time for gingerbread men, it's also the time for Hannukah. Bad taste, no doubt about it.

      Now, I'm not saying the dude doesn't have the right to do it, I'm just saying it's not done in good taste or with respect to what that means to alot of people.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.


    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Pro Wrists Straps
    Join us
    About us
    www.Fitnessgeared.com is a Bodybuilding Fitness health & Training Discussion forum for all levels from beginner to advanced. We offer everything from Nutrition, Supplements, Fat Loss, Weight Training, Dieting, to achieve your goals to get in the shape you want.