TweetThis recipe is sugar free, but if you prefer you can sub real maple syrup or honey for Walden Farm Maple Syrup.
- 2 cups of Organic lite coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Fresh chunks of pineapple
- pinch of cinnamon powder
- fresh berries
* add stevia to taste, if not sweet enough.
How to Make:
- Blend milk base with cinnamon in a blender.
- Stir in chia seeds with milk mixture and allow to soak for at least 2 hours. For best plumpness, soak overnight. I enjoy the flavor more when its cool.
- Fold in fresh pineapple chunks and top with desired amount of berries. Add a sprig of mint if desired.
The chia seed is nutrient dense and packs a punch of energy boosting power! The reason Chia seeds are so beneficial is due to them being rich in fiber, omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals such as:
- Dietary fiber (11g 42% recommended daily value)
- Protein (4.4g 9% RDV)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (4915 mg)
- Omega-6 fatty acids (1620 mg)
- Calcium (77 mg 18% RDV)
- Copper (0.1 mg 3% RDV)
- Phosphorus (265 mg 27% RDV)
- Potassium (44.8 mg 1% RDV)
- Zinc (1.0 mg 7% RDV)
Veritas Vos Liberabit