- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast (another meat will work)
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- ½ cup zucchini, grated (~1 small zucchini with skin)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- For Topping
- ⅓ cup Low Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tbsp dried parsleyInstructions
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a loaf pan by lightly greasing with cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey breast, carrots, zucchini, egg, almond flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, mix the ingredients together just until combined. Do not over mix as it will toughen the meat.
- Transfer the meat to the prepared loaf pan and spread into an even layer.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 20 minutes at 375 F.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and spread the ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake another 40-45 minutes until the center is cooked.
- Allow the loaf to rest 10 minutes then sprinkle with dried parsley, slice and serve!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Kind, creative soul, with no mean bones