• Join Us!
  • Bodybuilding Benefits of Nitric Oxide
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bodybuilding Benefits of Nitric Oxide

MrzDiva is offline Vixen
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      Awards:
      Frequent Poster
      is Pondering

I am:
      Down

Level

Default Bodybuilding Benefits of Nitric Oxide

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Nitric Oxide type supplements may well become the next Creatine. According to research, Nitric Oxide is "the first of an exciting new category of muscle-enhancers known as hemodilators." Take three pills before breakfast, and a further three half an hour before lunch – even if you don't see an increase in strength right away, your muscles should feel perpetually pumped.

A lot of bodybuilders take this product several times a day, and do not experience side effects, except for dizziness and headaches. Some maintain that Nitric Oxide is nothing more than marketing bull with no research to support the claims that the manufacturers are making. Others swear that NO˛ gives them the absolute best pumps. On the plus side, the price has come down on NO˛ supplements.

The first result most users experience is the "Perpetual Pump." The Perpetual Pump is a rock-hard muscle pump. The manufacturer says that you should begin seeing increases in strength and stamina 2-3 days following the manifestation of the perpetual pump. To determine whether NO˛ is right for you, they recommend that you ask yourself the following questions:

Am I content with my present strength gains?

• Would I like to get the great-looking pump I get after an extreme workout, and keep it for hours on end?

• Would I like to add more reps and more sets to every workout?

• Would I like to add more workouts to my week?

• Would I like to increase my peak power in my big-muscle exercises like squats and dead lifts?

One user said that while the pumps are amazing, the gains aren't so hot. If you want better gains, you may do better with a Creatine transport where you get the pump and the benefits of Creatine.

One frequent question is "is NO˛ approved by the FDA?" In 1994, Federal Legislation was passed known as DSHEA (Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act), which severely restricted the FDA's role in the dietary supplement industry. DSHEA imposed the following guidelines concerning the labeling of dietary supplements:

• Statement of identity (eg. “Nitric Oxide” or “Ginseng”)

• Net quantity of contents

• Structure/function claim and the statement “This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

• Directions for use

• Supplements facts panel (listing serving size, amount and active ingredient).

• Other active ingredients in descending order of predominance and by common name or proprietary blend

• Name and place of business of manufacturer, packer or distributor1

According to its manufacturer, NO˛ generates – and maintains – levels of Nitric Oxide in the skeletal muscles. Nitric Oxide is the muscles' "cell-signaling" molecule, essential for blood flow, oxygen release, glucose uptake, muscle velocity, power output, and muscle growth. By producing and then sustaining levels of Nitric Oxide in the skeletal muscles NO˛ is supposed to deliver incessant muscle-enhancing benefits.

Nitric Oxide directs blood flow, communication between cells and individual pain thresholds, to name a few. NO˛ supplement is linked with bodybuilding and muscle toning, and a lot of athletes looking to augment stamina and strength also use it.

One hard gainer said that he was loading up on NO˛, and though he felt "puffier," he didn't get the extra push during his workout that the supplement promised. Apparently, NO˛ will give you an extra boost while lifting if its taken in powder form. The effects of NO˛ in its pill form are subtler. Users reported good results from combining NO˛ with BSN No-Xplode, which contains Creatine. By itself, No-Xplode advances your recovery time and gives you masses of energy during your workout, so you can increase your lifts. It also amplifies your mental focus.

Superpump 250, Nitrous, Pump Tech, Nitrix and NOxidant are other Nitric Oxide products that seem to be popular with bodybuilders. A user reported experiencing the biggest pumps when he used Pump Tech, especially when he did pecs, and his bench press increased quickly too.

Nitric Oxide is a colorless, free radical gas usually found in tissues of all mammals. Although nitric oxide works as a cell-to-cell communicator for certain metabolic functions, muscle growth is not one of them. There also appears to be no evidence to prove that boosting nitric oxide levels will improve stamina, power output and load capacity.
      NO˛ is making a big splash in the supplements industry and has many bodybuilders' interests piqued, like when Creatine Monohydrate first hit the market, and like Creatine, it is very expensive. You'll see the impressive promises NO˛ makes if you look at the ads:

• Enormous gains in lean mass
      • Accelerated fast twitch muscle
      • Perpetual pumps
      • Quicker recovery and increased strength gains

In a book written by NO˛'s creator, Edward Byrd, the manufacturers of NO˛ also claim that it thickens hair and improves skin tone via the dilation of blood vessels. This vasodilation is an almost permanent condition, though there are probably no concrete research papers validating this. NO˛ could well affect hair growth because of the continual contraction of epecranial muscles.

NO˛ is marketed as a hemodilator, and bodybuilders are buying it in droves without knowing exactly what is happening to the body. This is actually quite dangerous – the widening of the blood vessels causes a drastic drop in blood pressure. In order to protect the body from going into shock, the blood vessels to the brain will constrict to allow the blood pressure to the brain to increase. This is why the most common side effect of NO˛ is dizziness.

NO˛ seems to be one of those supplements that works for some and not for others. The only way to know if it will work for you is to try a bottle.

1 Dispelling Common Confusion Surrounding Supplements by Mark Alderson, CSCS

tilltheend is offline *BANNED*
      Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 78
      Overall activity: 15.8%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Bodybuilding Benefits of Nitric Oxide

I think this supplement is a staple. I think it is necessary to fight aging and make yourself feel as good as possible. There are a few supplements that you really should want and I think this is one of them.

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Bodybuilding Benefits of Nitric Oxide

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!