• Join Us!
  • Misconceptions on Islam.....
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Misconceptions on Islam.....

TKO
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Misconceptions on Islam.....

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Im a Muslim, and have noticed MANY misconceptions from people regarding Islam especially after the 09-11 tragedy........If any of you have any doubts, questions, or discussions about the belief, practice, and guidance of Islam, holla at me, and I'm sure I'll be able to answer any of your questions......

pudgy is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 390
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ive read the koran, it has the same basic fundamentals as the bible, ignorance is no excuse to hate.

gongshow is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 200
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I totally understand that muslim is all about peace and everything, but can you somehow explain how a dumbass like Bin Laden can interpret the Koran to the point where he thinks its telling him to fly planes into our buildings and kill our people?
      It makes no sense to me at all.
      Mod @ SuperiorMuscle

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."
      Muhammad Ali

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I don't know much about Islam So I got some questions?

Can Muslims be friends with Jews and Christians?

What is Jizyah? Who does it apply to?

What exactly is Jihad? Who does it apply to?

Surat At-Taubah 9:5 Is this recognized by all Muslims or was this tranlated wrong into english? Because from what I get from it is Muslims should kill Jews Chrisitans and non-believers unless they change their way to Allah.

Just wantin to deepin my understanding, thanks

TKO
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by gongshow
      I totally understand that muslim is all about peace and everything, but can you somehow explain how a dumbass like Bin Laden can interpret the Koran to the point where he thinks its telling him to fly planes into our buildings and kill our people?
      It makes no sense to me at all.
      In Islam, one is ONLY allowed to kill an enemy if the enemy infront of him possesses a weapon which he may us to kill or harm...... if the enemy does NOT possess a weapon, then it is "haram" or in other words "against Islam" for the muslim to kill the enemy....... A Muslim may also kill of course, ONLY in the act of war...... Any other means by which a Muslim takes to kill is AGAINST Islam in every way....So Bin Laden, and every Pilot in the September 11th incident comitted acts Against Islam, and in God's eyes, there actions were NOT that of a Muslim, but of a murderer.....Bin Laden is an extremist, a Terrorist.......An extremists takes things to the "extreme" and crosses boundaries, like Bin Laden did, and in No way are Bin Laden's actions any sort of representation of Islam...

TKO
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Klash
      I don't know much about Islam So I got some questions?

Can Muslims be friends with Jews and Christians?

What is Jizyah? Who does it apply to?

What exactly is Jihad? Who does it apply to?

Surat At-Taubah 9:5 Is this recognized by all Muslims or was this tranlated wrong into english? Because from what I get from it is Muslims should kill Jews Chrisitans and non-believers unless they change their way to Allah.

Just wantin to deepin my understanding, thanks

Like 80% of my friends are Chrsitians man.....And of course Muslims can befriend Christians and Jews....A muslim only Can't be friends with those who try to set them on the wrong path, meaning those who try to convince them for example that "God does not exist" or "The words of the Prophet are fake" for example......In the Quran it says a Muslim may befriend all Chrsitians and Jews, except those who try to set them on the wrong path, which is those who try to set them away from the path of God....

Jizyah was a tax that people who lived near the Sacred House in Mecca had to pay, thats simply what it was.....

Jihad basically means in Arabic "To fight for something", and that something can be a million different things........ Christians could for example fight for their religion if say the Jews were against Christianinty and attempted to enforce the Jewish religion, and take out all those who believed in Christ.....That war would be "Jihad" for the Christians...... In Islam, "Jihad" is war against those who try to "take out" Muslims, or in other words, its a war in which you defend your religion.....So Jihad is more of a "General" world in Arabic, but many people pointed its meaning solely towards islam....Any Jew or Chrsitian can fight a "jihad" for the protection and self defense of their own religion....

As for the quote from "Surat al-Tawbah" I will translate it to the best of my ability..... that was directed for the time when the Prophet and the Muslims were in war against the non-believers....that quote basically was allowing or instructing the Muslims to continue to battle the non-believers who tried to destruct the spreading of Islam, unless they finally "believed" themselves, and began to take part in Good deeds.....

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Wow, thanks

Originally posted by TKO

Jizyah was a tax that people who lived near the Sacred House in Mecca had to pay, thats simply what it was.....

Yes, but wasn't it a tolerance tax for the non-believers that lived among the believers?

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

So true, the damn ignorance of people especially since a year.

all Muslim are fanatical bla bla we are infidels, tought luck a christian is not an infidel, Uncle Benny and his friends interpret the Qur'an to their own purposes, like us many christians did... with the bible.

the tax, was higher for muslim compared to people of the book.

Once the Islamic world with Abu Bayr had probably the best society humanity ever had! that was only 10 years of their Golden Ages.

three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

THE JUICE
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Misconceptions on Islam.....

Originally posted by TKO
      Im a Muslim, and have noticed MANY misconceptions from people regarding Islam especially after the 09-11 tragedy........If any of you have any doubts, questions, or discussions about the belief, practice, and guidance of Islam, holla at me, and I'm sure I'll be able to answer any of your questions......

Me, I really dont care from what race a person is from. You can me white, black, chinese, jananese, hispanic, whatever, Im hispanic, I see everyone the same. We are all the same except our color. I hate racist people.

bigshug
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Good post TKO, I learned what I know about Islam from freshman year World History.....what I took from those learnings, if nothing else, is that Muslims are not those black guys on the corner of MLK blvd passing out extremist literature and refusing to acknowledge white people. You'd be surprised how many inbred rednecks in my town think that's what the Islamic faith is all about.....

TKO
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by bigshug
      Good post TKO, I learned what I know about Islam from freshman year World History.....what I took from those learnings, if nothing else, is that Muslims are not those black guys on the corner of MLK blvd passing out extremist literature and refusing to acknowledge white people. You'd be surprised how many inbred rednecks in my town think that's what the Islamic faith is all about.....
      I know what you mean man, Ignorance unfortunately lyes within too many people and they simply refuse to learn the truth....

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

dont forget the western medias played a role since years, think about all the movies we had in the 80 and 90, all terrorists, bad hairy type, or all the horror story from never without my daughter etc... always the bad side never the good side, since a year I am courting a muslim girl from moroco, typically she not my type, she really small, but she really reserved well educated, cute, she has the same values as I do. When she was courting me last year I was affraid because she is a Muslim and I am a catholic, alot of people in my surrounding where "SO" what the problem, anyway I was affraid and I went to a coldish state, now Im trying to get her back on track.

lol first date I had with her we went for a coffee, and that night one of the thing she tell me that now in Moroco it is frequent that non muslim and muslim get marry without conversions, and she had you know when you going to be in moroco I know we will go together I will show you all the places, ok ok I was looking for the nearest door :P.

Anyways, I learned a bit more, didnt had the choice as my job I need to more a bit more about it since everything that happened, and I learn to appreciate it and her.

What I learned is that there too much ignorance, in fact, there way too much ignorant in this world.

from Canada to the US to Saudia to Aussieland, ignorance kill
      three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

oh yeah, TKO
      What is the afterlife like for Muslims. and what about the 72 virgins. Why 72?

TKO
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Klash
      oh yeah, TKO
      What is the afterlife like for Muslims. and what about the 72 virgins. Why 72?

Nothing out of the ordinary.....We believe that those who remain steadfast in their prayers, fast during ramadan, are active in Charity, refrain from things such as alcohol and Pre-marrital sex, believe in the Prophet Mohamed (And all the other prophets, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, etc....) , and join NO other gods with God, meaning, give NOTHING in this life an authority as high as God's, or in other words join NO partners with God........those are the ones who are considered the best of Muslims......of course many muslims have weaknesses such as sex or alcohol, so a truly good Muslim is one who tries to abide by all that I have stated above.......And for those who die good, their afterlife is Paradise, no different than what Chrisitians believe.....Islam and Chrisitianity are alike in many, many factors, but differ in one main factor, which seperates the 2 religions greatly.....

bigpimpc
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

religion is a touchy subject! why even discuss it?