How To Get Huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By:John Kiefer

A Long time ago, before i understood about diet and food, when I would have actually listened to Dr. Oz, and thought he really knew what he was talking about, I hovered at a body weight of 200, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less, but I had a hard time cresting it. Ive worked with quite a few athletes who had the same problem. There was a bodyweight that they could not pass!

Lets Face it: The status quo is never an option! I wanted to be a professional bodybuilder, but being 6 feet and 200lbs was not going to get me on stage. So I ate. I ate like a fiend, white rice, red potatoes in olive oil, steak, salmon, pork, hamburgers, pasta, veggies soaked in butter, eggs, and pancakes, and syrup. I'd get frozen foods, but nothing super processed like stovers lassagna. Ice cream for sure, but I stuck with Breyers because I knew everything on the ingredients list. I ATE CLEAN!

I didnt come up with this plan on my own. Bodybuilding magazines did that for me. Tons of food, tons of meat, tons of whole food carbs, tons of protein powder and weight gainers. I should have been a beast. It didnt happen. I ate nine meals a day per 24 hr period, getting up twice in the middle of the night to down a shake. yet my weight barely budged.

Fast-forward to today. I routinely help people go from their sticking period of 210lb and take them up to 285lbs, in one year.

JUNK IT................................................ ...........................

What happened????? What the hell did I figure out? Believe it or not,I didnt figure out anything that everyone in american doesnt already practice. Not even 100 yrs ago, it cost a nickel to get a peak at someone over 300lbs. because finding someone that big was not easy. Now you can see entire herds majestically migrating through Walmart parking lots.

I dont like admitting how I came to understanding this super-sizing philosophy, I gave up. I started eating Mcdonalds and burger king. Hostess pantries and little debbie oatmeal cream pies. Pecan sandies, oreos, peanut butter cups, candy bars, and I ate out at big chain sit down type resturants a lot more often.

I never gave up my 3hr protein shake but I might have that shake with four filet O fish. No I wasnt carb back loading. I was front loading, back loading, and everything in between loading. I even indulged my love of cool ranch doritos.

As you might expect, I got bigger but interestingly I wasnt consuming a great deal more calories than I had been. Instead it just came from junk. The calories came in denser packages, which I enjoyed because I didnt feel like I would explode after every meal. I thought maybe density was the key, so I tried eating whole foods gain, but I made everything with lots of butter, I made burgers at home, grilled cheese, milk, and I stalled. Then it all made sense.....shit matters!!

At some point everyones a hard gainer. It might be hard to gain muscle or it might be hard to gain weight, or even for some people its hard to gain fat, and yes we all hate you. At this point whats needed is massive anabolic signaling. Caveat emptor: Massive anabolism is total anabolism and everythings going to grow, both fat and muscle. But when headed for the extremes of mass deal with IT! As long as you train intensely about half of the weight gain will be muscle. Strip the fat off later.

PROCESSED> CLEAN FOOD.............................................. ..........

Remember this is to reach extreme levels over anything you may have thought possible. It became clear to myself experimentation that there is something special about processed food and the greater the processing, the more anabolic the food is. This isnt good for the couch potatoe. But for the athlete moving from 200lbs to 285lbs its critical. It is dammed near impossible to push past certain size plateaus without junk food!

Science has recently verified this, as well. Take two meals with identical macronutrient breakdown and calories. one extremely processed and the other minimally processed as possibly. The processed one is far more anabolic, producing radically different hormone responses all of which trigger growth.

You cant get much more processed and junky than some of the fast food meals where the hamburger patties start as pinkish paste and they add meat flavoring to it later, or the french fries that are deep fried once at the factory before freezing and deep fried again before being served. Fast food is the ultimate secret anabolic agent. Now we only need to channel as much ot that anabolic signaling into muscle growth and mimimize fat growth.

What we need here is approriate application of my pet abbreviation or MTR-modulated tissue response. We need to shift as much of this anabolism to muscle growth as possible. That means intense resistance training of course, but thses extreme levels of clean mass we need to tweak the diet as well.

As long as the muscle tissue has a consistence and elevated level of free amino acids, it will grow. Whey isolate, whey hydrolysates, and casein all work well in this capacity. We also want to make sure things are primed for growth at the genetic level. INSULIN does this, as does blood sugar, both of which the junk food will handle. We can do better however. The branched-chain amino acid leucine amplifies the muscular component of growth even more, making the junk food even more anabolic!

Now, you dont have to believe me and you can try to grow using whole foods and homemade goodies, but you will FAIL and watch the next guy pass you. Its the secret to the worlds obesity problem, if you eat the least processed food possible, its extremely difficult to get huge- fat or otherwise. And I mean huge, sizes not seen until the last few decades. Getting above 300lbs however you want to do it - as muscle or fat - used to matter of genetics. Now its as simple as finding the golden arches!

Typical Day of a Super gainer................

Breakfast............ 2 mc donalds sau. egg and cheese biscuits, hash brown, cherry pie, 60g whey isolate, 5g leucine

Snack................. Couple of pop tarts, couple toaster strudels, 40g whey isolate, 5g leucine

lunch.................. Dennys moons over my hammy, hash browns, 4 eggs over medium. 60g whey isolate, 5g leucine

Snack..................Weight gain shake, 5g leucine

Post-training shake. one cup of coconut milk(from the can, not the ready to drink water crap) 6-8 peanut butter cups, 1-2 cups of skim milk, 60g whey isolate,20g casein,5g leucine thrown in the blender

Dinner.................grilled chicken and pasta, 30g whey isolate, 5gleucine

Before Bed...........pint of ben and jerry's ice cream, 60g isolate, 5g leucine