• Join Us!
  • How to Get Out of a Ticket
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How to Get Out of a Ticket

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default How to Get Out of a Ticket

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Women have an easy way to walk away with a warning: waterworks. (Hey, this author’s done it—purely involuntarily, of course.) But for guys, it’s not that easy. And while we’re not saying you should be able to get out of every ticket—if you’re hit with a DUI, that’s your own fault—here are some tips for simple parking tickets or those situations where you and the officer have a difference of opinion on the color of that stoplight.
      We got in touch with Erik Feder, founder of TiredOfParkingTickets.com and author of The Feder Guide to Where to Park Your Car in Manhattan (and Where Not to Park It!) and Steve Pomper, a police officer in the Seattle area and author of Is There a Problem, Officer? A Cop’s Inside Scoop on Avoiding Traffic Tickets and came up the top tips for avoiding trouble with the law.
      Parking Tickets

A lot of people won’t fight parking tickets because they think they can’t fight city hall. But whether you deserved the ticket or not, there are many ways that you can get out of paying it, says Feder.
      Check the Accuracy
      There are specific things that have to be on every parking ticket, says Feder. And if these items are left off of the ticket (or are written down inaccurately)—it has to be dismissed. So what should you look for? Check for the following: The make of the vehicle, the license plate number, address where the infraction happened, an accurate date and time, as well as the signature of the officer. “No joke, 20-25 percent of the time, tickets are inaccurate—so people have to check,” says Feder.
      Right Or Wrong—Fight the Ticket
      Even if you’re wrong, fight the ticket anyways, says Feder. Write in and appeal your ticket, they want to keep people out of traffic court—so even if they don’t dismiss the entire thing, they’ll most likely reduce the fees. “But when you’re writing in, don’t ramble and be rude,” says Feder. “At this point, it’s arbitrary. Be relevant and to the point. And if you can include a statement from an eye witness, that will improve your chances for getting off the hook tenfold.”
      Speeding Tickets

Fess Up
      The best way to avoid a ticket is to be honest and take responsibility. “Cops deal with people from all walks of life, from every strata of society, every single day,” says Pomper. “They’re not easily fooled or manipulated. If you’re simply saying what you think the cop wants to hear, he or she will probably detect it. That’s why, as they say, honesty is the best policy.” Drivers lie to cops or try to make excuses so often, it’s a relief to hear honesty and see a driver taking responsibility, says Pomper.

Bite Your Tongue
      Rather than getting angry that you’ve been busted, kill ‘em with kindness. If you’re polite, and take responsibility for what you did, the officer might give you a break and cite you for a lesser violation, says Pomper. Whatever you do, don’t say, “whatever,” or “I’m gonna have your badge,” and for God’s sake don’t tell the officer, “I’m calling my lawyer,” says Pomper. Cops deal with lawyers all the time—they’re not intimidated by them.

Save the Tears
      Sometimes turning on the waterworks saves you from a ticket, but most of the time—the tears won’t help much. “If the officer thinks you’re crying to manipulate him, out comes the ticket book,” says Pomper.

Be Prepared
      If you’re looking to impress the officer, being well prepared is a good way to do it. “If the driver wants to have the documents readily available, which cops do like, keep it in a visor holder,” says Pomper. “In this case, the driver is reaching up to where the officer can see what he or she is doing.” Another great tip is to keep your hands on the steering wheel, cops prefer to see the ten and two positions. And once the office is up by the window, moving hands to the lap is fine, says Pomper. Lastly, if it’s dark out, the officer will appreciate it if the driver turns on the dome light. It takes some of the mystery out of the stop, says Pomper.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

bowbow is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: How to Get Out of a Ticket

I actually got out of a speeding ticket about a year ago in which I was going 80 in a 65. Cop pulled me over and asked if I knew why he was pulling me over, I said probably because I was going right around 80 mph. He asked where we were going and then went back to his car. He came back and said your record is very clean and since you were honest and didn't try and bs me on why you were going so fast I'm going let you go. Please slow down he said. I couldn't believe it, never tried to get out of it. So I suggest being honest as well.
      Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

or....DRIVE SLOWER!!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

TheChosen1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 825
      is Simply....the Best!

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Post Re: How to Get Out of a Ticket

Officer: Madame, are you aware how fast you were going?

Sexy Woman Driver: Hey Officer, you're cute. I bet I got something that might interest you more that giving me a crappy speeding ticket.

Officer: Are you trying to bribe or entice me, Ma'am? You know that's a crime, right?

Woman: Oh no, I would never do any of those. But check out what I got in the back seat.

Officer observes a large box of steaming, hot Krispy Kreme donuts and his mouth begins to water.

Officer: Ummm, if you pass me a glazed jelly, we can forget about this ever happening.
      Loved by some, Hated by most, but RESPECTED BY ALL

2012 APF Ca. State Champion & Double Record Holder

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

^hahaha...just keep krispy kremes in your car if youre going to speed...