• Join Us!
  • MRI results
  • MRI results
  • MRI results
  • MRI results
  • MRI results
  • MRI results
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MRI results

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

Default MRI results

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • MRI results
      • MRI results

• MRI results
      • MRI results
      • MRI results
      • MRI results
      • MRI results
      • MRI results
      well just got out of surgeon's office, where she read my mri and showed me what was going on. she said the muscle bellies looked good and full, no tears but that the tendon was a little thin. said after so many years of faithful heavy time in the gym it was basically degenerative. i said i last had an issue back in 1991 and it took a few months before i could do any upper body work. she said good news was i didn't need surgery..............YET. said eventually if i didn't eliminate or at least reduce the weight on overhead lifts it was a matter of when not if i'd be back for surgery. she said using aas and lifting the amount of weight i am was going to cause the tendon to tear eventually if all remained as is. she gave me a cortison shot and said it may help for three weeks, it may helo for three years. varies. said a normal person can get three shots in one area before surgery. she said with my hostory and my anabolic use i've got two free passes for shots but third time she's sayin no on the shot and time for surgery to clean it out if it doesn't tear prior. interestingly enough i read this mont's MD magazine with an article about injuries to tendons due to using high intensity exercise like a dorian yates/ronnie coleman type with seriously heavy weight coupled with high volume weight training. it said the combination of both will tear the hell out of your tendons. i had done yates style of a few warm up sets and then a heavy set to fail and maybe a drop set before but this summer/fall i stayed on a 3 exercises per bodypart scheme with 5 sets each exercise and kept striving to either add reps or weight each workout. if i got to 12 reps on legs i'd add weight and start over trying for at least 12 reps next workout. 8-10 for upper body and weight kept going up so i was at PB's for almost everything and was happy with the thickness i was seeing. unfortunately the combination of keeping increasing weight and possibly the muscle weakness side effect of the lisinopril my doc put me on caused me to keep trying to up the reps while watching them decline. instead of listening to my body and revamping the training scheme for a changeup i let ego take over and whisper to me "you can't drop weight now, these guys saw you doing 340 easy on the hammer incline press, can't drop to 270 now you *****". so i'm mending and laying off shoulders for a week or two for cortisone to kick in and she said i can still train lower body and light upper body but no overhead for two weeks, then i'm gonna run a program of same scheme of 5 sets each for volume but keep reps between 12-15 and not loverload on the plates just for plates sake. hoping for another 20 years of training before they put me in the ground =)
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: MRI results

Thats good that you dont need surgery. Hope it heals up quick for ya

BIGMOFO is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 31.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: MRI results

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • MRI results
      • MRI results

• MRI results
      • MRI results
      • MRI results
      • MRI results
      • MRI results
      • MRI results
      Take care bro and go easy your gettin old! Pushing hard like yates is how I got some of my size, but it's hard on you!

ATTITUDES ARE CONTAGIOUS, MINE MIGHT KILL YOU!

"Goals are Dreams with Deadlines!"

Note: All of my advice and posts are merely for educational purposes I do not condone the use of steroids or any other illegal drugs. I am no doctor and my advice should be taken with a grain of salt, just like everyone else's hypothetical advice.