Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee a week-and-a-half prior to his fight with Cain Velasquez (9-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) at UFC on FOX.

"I was feeling my knee a little bit, and I was worried about it," Dos Santos told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com).

Dos Santos was advised by doctors that the injury wouldn't preclude him from fighting. But he now plans a follow-up to see what his immediate future holds.

UFC on FOX took place Saturday at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. The one-fight main card aired live on FOX while preliminary fights streamed live on Facebook and FOX.com.

Dos Santos ripped the UFC heavyweight title from Cain Velasquez's hands with a 64-second KO victory in the network-televised main event.

Immediately afterward, he admitted to being less than 100 percent leading up to the fight. And while, adrenaline proved to be a good anesthetic, he worried about taking a kick that might further damage his knee.

Thankfully, things ended quick. But soon, he'll get word on whether his injury is serious enough to warrant surgery.

"I don't think so," Dos Santos said. "I'm feeling good."
JDS is a beast. They kep talking about why Cain didn't try a TD...he did! JDS threw a kick, Cain caught it and tried to take JDS down but wasn't successful. JDS' TD defense is really good. Brock said that the HW belt changes hands a lot in the UFC.....I think it's found its home for a while now.