• Join Us!
  • Water Retention / Water Cutting
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Water Retention / Water Cutting

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Water Retention / Water Cutting

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Water Retention / Water Cutting

Been doing some research on water retention and removal of sub-cutaneous water. I thought I would post up some of the info I've put together. I do not intend on touching at all on the use of diuretics as I have no clue about them and don't want to be responsible for killing anyone... Find that info someplace else. Feel free to add any of your knowledge on the matter. I'd love to hear from the guys that have been in bodybuilding shows and their experience with this.

Definition: Water Retention - an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the circulatory system or within the tissues or cavities of the body

Causes:
      Salt
      One of the main causes of water retention is eating too much salty food. The main component of salt is sodium, which the body dilutes with water if too much of it is present. Salt makes you thirsty, and your body will hold on to the water you drink in response to that thirst. Reducing the amount of salt in your diet will help you to release a little water retention but not usually more than about 2 lbs in weight. Even a relatively salty diet, although it can be harmful in many ways, will not normally cause gross water retention.

Hormones and Medication
      High levels of certain hormones will also cause water retention. These include insulin, which is needed to process sugar; cortisol, which is produced when you are under stress; and the female hormones oestrogen and progesterone. The water-retaining effect is caused by the effects which these hormones have on sodium levels in your body, and on the hormones which govern how your kidneys work. Certain prescribed medicines such as the contraceptive pill and some painkillers can affect levels of these hormones. Hormonal water retention is generally in the abdominal/lower back area. In women water retention can occur in the breasts causing tenderness and one more reason for them to be cranky about something.

Inadequate Diet
      Low levels of protein in the blood does not allow the body to draw water from its tissues. This will cause generalized puffiness, but if the malnutrition is severe it will cause severe edema in the abdomen. This is notable in the images you see in those Sally Struthers commercials. No not her, she's just fat I mean the little Africans or Haitians she wants me to give my money to.

Histamine
      Histamine causes water retention leading to bloating and abdominal swelling. If you have ever been stung by an insect or developed an itchy red lump after a mosquito bite, you will be familiar with the effects of histamine. Histamine widens the joins between the cells which line your smallest blood vessels, known as your capillaries. This makes them leak both water and protein into your “tissue spaces” – the area surrounding the cells of tissues such as flesh, organs and intestines. If the protein cannot be removed from your tissue spaces, it will stay there, attracting water.
      Poor digestion and taking antibiotics can cause changes in your intestines which lead to a lot of histamine being produced in this area. Sometimes eating yogurt and probiotics can help to reduce this problem, but if it has been going on for some time these measures may not be effective on their own.

Dehydration
      Reducing your water intake is not the right way to combat water retention. It WILL make it worse.

More on cutting out the water later.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

irish_2003 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 238
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Water Retention / Water Cutting

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

FUZO check out the site Natural News....there was just an article about cutting water without lasix or aldactone or meds