• Join Us!
  • Diet Plan - Help a brother out
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Diet Plan - Help a brother out

DeezGunz23
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Diet Plan - Help a brother out

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Preparing to start up another cycle, always feel like I stray too much from my diet and don't end up getting everything out of it that I should.

Im thinking that this time around I will have a written plan to follow instead of keeping it all in my head. Now what do I put on this paper?!?

5'10, 225 lbs, 13% body fat, looking to cut down significantly

DeezGunz23
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Diet Plan - Help a brother out

Basically looking to find out where you guys get your diets from, if you've ever had a dietician type put one together for you (if so, was it worth it?) or if you just stick with the basics...lots of chicken, fish, protein shakes, and veggies? Andddd do you write it down and log it into a notebook or do you guys just freestyle it? Use to write all of my workouts down on paper but stopped that years a go, it was helpful but just got lazy. Maybe having a diet written down would make it easier to obey a more strict regimen???

alluprbdy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Diet Plan - Help a brother out

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I am a little diet obsessed and I always spend a solid 8-10hrs on mine when I adjust it. I've been using the same base diet plan now for around 9 months. I just have adjusted for body weight and activity and my age changed too.

I start with the Harris Benedict Formula for basic metabolic rate:

BMR calculation for men BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.76 x age in years )

Apply to formula to calculate maintenance cals:

Little to no exercise Daily calories needed = BMR x 1.2
      Light exercise (1–3 days per week) Daily calories needed = BMR x 1.375
      Moderate exercise (3–5 days per week) Daily calories needed = BMR x 1.55
      Heavy exercise (6–7 days per week) Daily calories needed = BMR x 1.725
      Very heavy exercise (twice per day, extra heavy workouts) Daily calories needed = BMR x 1.9

Now of course that isn't exact science but for me it gives me a great baseline goal for how many cals to put in my diet. I clean bulk never get looser than 12% I like to be able to take the shirt off and look good year round not just after a cutter. So that being said I always start around 200 cals above my calculated maintenance calories. I am a little OCD with my waistline and measure pretty much everyday but I also use the mirror in making my calorie adjustments. If I am getting thinner while I'm trying to bulk then obviously I need to make an adjustment and add to my total calories. If my waist goes up 3/4" in a week I know I'm consuming too many. I always make small adjustments around 50 calories or so up or down and I find that stupid small adjustments have made big changes for me.

As far as the diet plan itself I am a big proponent of macro-nutrient separation (pro/fat meals and pro/carb meals not pro/carb/fat). I think it is absolutely vital when cutting, and helpful but not vital when doing a true bulking diet. I don't have a set in stone percentage I follow as far as how much % of cals are pro/carb/fat but I go around 40%/30%/30% give or take. Currently I am eating 43%/26%/31% like I said not exact but round about. I eat all clean foods, my diet consists of the following items:

Eggs
      Skim Milk
      Bacon (low sodium)
      Wheat Lavash Wrap (delish)
      Chicken Breast
      London Broil
      Fresh green beans
      Lettuce
      whole grain wheat pasta
      natural homemade pasta sauce
      unsalted cashews
      Protien Powder
      Dextrose Powder (PWO only of course)

That is all I eat never stray except for a 1x a week cheat meal which is carb heavy low fat after a weekend workout usually.

I have some things that have helped me out a lot to get better dieting sucess and that would be some rules I have for my self:

1. No bread.

Don't get me wrong I like pb&j sandwhiches on some white bread and I miss them dearly however they are no good for the waistline.

2. Milk in PWO shake only.

Dairy bloats you so all shakes are water based except PWO when I can use the extra carbs.

3. Don't drink your calories.

I will never drink something with calories in it, Period.

There's no point in drinking calories these days with all the 0 calorie alternatives out there. You like soda? Drink Coke Zero. You like energy drinks? Drink Monster Zero. Want Coffee? zero calorie sweetner. and so on.

Now this is prob a rant and little more than what you were looking for but I'm bored at work at the question intrigued me. Also as said above I'm a little diet obsessed. If you want any help feel free to PM me.