• Join Us!
  • Dana says it's about time for Anderson vs GSP
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana says it's about time for Anderson vs GSP

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Dana says it's about time for Anderson vs GSP

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

“You’re out of your mind if you don’t think this guy is pound-for-pound the best fighter in the world. People will say ‘oh he needs to be challenged’. The 185lb division has a ton of great fighters, the reality is this guy is so good he makes it look like it’s not,” White said following the fights.

“What happens next is we’ll talk to him, see what he’s thinking about what he wants to do. Forrest (Griffin) thinks he should fight two guys at the same time.”

Given Silva’s ability to go in and not only win but to finish just about every opponent he faces in the Octagon, having two fighters face him might not be a bad idea.

All jokes aside, White understands that with Silva’s current winning streak and the status of UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, it’s hard to ignore that super fight from finally coming to fruition.

“I think there’s a couple of other fights out there for him at 85, and it’s clear No. 1 that fans want to see this fight, and Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre are both getting into a position here pretty soon, they both only want really big fights, but they’re getting into a position here where that fight’s going to make sense,” White stated.

The challenges at 185lbs may include a rematch with Chael Sonnen, provided the Team Quest fighter can get past Brian Stann at UFC 136 in October. Another potential bout could be a rematch against Dan Henderson in the UFC, but it’s unknown at this time if Strikeforce’s current light heavyweight champion would opt to drop back down to middleweight for that fight.
      "For sure Anderson is the best pound for pound fighter on the planet," White said. "His division has lots of good fighters but he's fantastic and makes the others look easy.

"There are still a lot of fights for Anderson to do in his division and Georges Saint-Pierre too. But it's about time for it to happen. I don't know if we have a stadium that could handle a fight like that."
      I just don't see it. I mean, I know that everyone wants to see the fight but it's really a lose lose for Anderson and a win win for GSP.

1) Anderson wins, oh well, he beat a smaller guy
      2) Anderson loses, he got beat by a smaller guy
      3) GSP wins, wow, he's the first guy to beat Anderson
      4) GSP loses, oh well, Anderson was a bigger fighter.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. People thinking GSP can beat him doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. Anderson will completely DESTROY GSP!! I don't see how anyone can think otherwise.
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Dana says it's about time for Anderson vs GSP

chael sonnen and silva need to fight again. Imo chael won we all saw the fight and a stupid move or mistake by chael cost him the fight with 2 minutes left,thats not losing. He neat silva up like no other fight ever. Lets see if chael can do this again . You guys can call it a loss on the record books but its a huge win for chael being the only fighter to beat silvas ass for 5n rounds and not just beat him but realy beat him. But thats my opinion
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      chael sonnen and silva need to fight again. Imo chael won we all saw the fight and a stupid move or mistake by chael cost him the fight with 2 minutes left,thats not losing. He neat silva up like no other fight ever. Lets see if chael can do this again . You guys can call it a loss on the record books but its a huge win for chael being the only fighter to beat silvas ass for 5n rounds and not just beat him but realy beat him. But thats my opinion

You also have to add in that Silva very obviously had a rib injury in that fight. The more we see him fight, the more obvious it was that Anderson had an injury. I think Sonnen had his shot and blew it. He will be lucky to get by Stann and a rematch with Anderson will go MUCH differently. That is just my opinion on the whole Sonnen thing.

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

YOU REALLY THINK SILVA HAD A RIB INJURY. DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD RIBS HURT WHEN YOU BREAK ONE OR EVEN SPRAIN YOUR RIBS. I CALL BUL SHIT ON THE RIB INJURY. MABEY HE HAD A LITTLE BRUISE AND IS CALLING IT A INJURY BUT NO WAY. AND AS FOR STAN YEAH HE'S GOOD BUT HE HASNT FOUGHT ANY REAL CONTENDERS.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

YOU REALLY THINK SILVA HAD A RIB INJURY. DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD RIBS HURT WHEN YOU BREAK ONE OR EVEN SPRAIN YOUR RIBS. I CALL BUL SHIT ON THE RIB INJURY. MABEY HE HAD A LITTLE BRUISE AND IS CALLING IT A INJURY BUT NO WAY. AND AS FOR STAN YEAH HE'S GOOD BUT HE HASNT FOUGHT ANY REAL CONTENDERS.

I absolutely do. NO WAY Sonnen of all the people Anderson has fought, has the standup fight he did. I sprain my ribs in high school football and had to finish the game, so yeah, I do. You look at every fight Anderson has had and then look at the fight with Chael and tell me honestly that there wasn't something wrong with him? Chael is nowhere near the level of Silva. He had his chance that night with an obviously impaired Silva and still couldn't seal the deal. That is not something that happens to Silva two times from the same fighter. Like I said a while back, Anderson got to feel and see EVERYTHING that Chael has in his arsenal. Chael only got to see and feel a triangle from Anderson.

Stann hasn't fought any contenders, but the guys he has fought are very tough guys. I can easily see Stann beating Chael.

Strella is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 206
      Overall activity: 0.3%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I think the only thing left for Silva would be to make the permanent move to LHW and start fighting some other Brazilians.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

[QUOTE=tn94z;960234
      3) GSP wins, wow, he's the first guy to beat Anderson

[/QUOTE]

he has indeed lost 3 but the first guy to beat him in the UFC.

i see this being a slow boring fight as GSP will clench and take down. it will go the way of GSP dan hardy although GSP tried multiple times to sub hardy it wont be a typical stand up war

not counting the okami DQ
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
      he has indeed lost 3 but the first guy to beat him in the UFC.

i see this being a slow boring fight as GSP will clench and take down. it will go the way of GSP dan hardy although GSP tried multiple times to sub hardy it wont be a typical stand up war

not counting the okami DQ

Yeah, I was referring to his run in the UFC.

GSP won't clinch with Silva. Silva will eat him alive in the clinch. Okami couldn't even budge Silva's head when trying to get the plum on him. Silva is MUCH stronger than he gets credit for. Just look at how he manhandled Franklin. Anderson is much more aggressive than Hardy off his back too. I don't GSP will like that at all. I see GSP getting overpowered, overwhelmed, confused, and just plain old out gunned in this fight. GSP will be an average size MW at most. Anderson is a big MW and more like an average LHW.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

As much as i'm not a GSP fan you make it sound like he wont do shit to silva.GSP is what silva is in a different weight class.Dont count GSP out. And I'll say it again chael beat silvas ass. And you still think he had a rib injury. Let me explain a few things. When someone loses that bad when your supposed to be the best in the world ofcourse thete going to come up with a excuse so silva doesnt look bad. And sponsor will say oh he was hurt. Dude this politics of fighting,make it sound worse then it is,its all bull shit.Okama didnt have a chance and again its called marketing let make okami the next champion hype it up. And guess what okami sucks.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

As much as i'm not a GSP fan you make it sound like he wont do shit to silva.GSP is what silva is in a different weight class.Dont count GSP out. And I'll say it again chael beat silvas ass. And you still think he had a rib injury. Let me explain a few things. When someone loses that bad when your supposed to be the best in the world ofcourse thete going to come up with a excuse so silva doesnt look bad. And sponsor will say oh he was hurt. Dude this politics of fighting,make it sound worse then it is,its all bull shit.Okama didnt have a chance and again its called marketing let make okami the next champion hype it up. And guess what okami sucks.
      I don't mean it like that. I am a GSP fan and I think he brings potential issues to Anderson but it's nothing that Anderson hasn't seen from bigger men. I don't count out anyone in MMA. I just don't see any area that GSP can beat Anderson...not saying he won't.

Here is the thing with your explanation....EVERY fighter has an off night, injury (which he had) or not. Excuses!! Really? Anderson has been on Dana's list since the Maia fight. Dana could have had a field day if Chael had won. Chael knew Anderson was hurt BEFORE the fight. But here is the thing, the fight is over and Chael got submitted, finished, tapped out and there is no excuse you can make that will change that. He lost fair and square. He was a good fighter that night, but not good enough. And IMO, Anderson showed what a true champion is. He was in the worst spot a figher can be for 4+ rounds. Many, many fighters would have given in by then but Anderson continued setting up the triangle and finally got it. That takes heart and is what being a champion is all about.

Okami had as much of a chance as Sonnen. Sonnen is the same thing except he markets himself instead of the media doing it.

Yes, I think anything can happen and GSP could win the fight. But looking on paper, I don't see it. If all things are equal as you say, then the bigger stronger man wins.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Sonnen is doing nothing but grasping for straws by trying to talk his way into these fights. He knows he isn't on the level but if he can get these guys to want to fight him, then he is back in. He's a politician plain and simple.

brody13
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I honestly think a better fight would be silva vs jones. They are both crazy strikers and it would be a pretty sick fight. I honestly think if they fought at a catch weight Jones would take him.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

I think any fight in LHW would be a better test for Silva....but money talks

effinrob
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Silva is a bad ass... i think him and gsp would be a good fight... and gsp cannot say he got beat by a bigger guy. They will weigh the same during fight time

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by effinrob View Post
      Silva is a bad ass... i think him and gsp would be a good fight... and gsp cannot say he got beat by a bigger guy. They will weigh the same during fight time

What makes you think they will weigh the same fight time? Anderson is a bigger guy. He is a big MW. GSP will be an average sized MW. I have read that GSP is about 194lbs during the off season. I have also read that Anderson walks around at about 220-230lbs in the off season. Anderson is the bigger guy by far and will put more weight on for fight night. From times past, GSP fights at 192-193lbs which is pretty much what he walks around at. Anderson usually fights at around 205 when at MW and 218-220 when at LHW. At 205, that is 10lbs difference between him and GSP.