This is a disgrace to our Constitution, the Republican Party, and to America in general. For one thing, you have to realize how big of hypocrites the Republicans are for proposing what is addressed in section 1034 of the bill. Now I know a lot of Republicans will of course support this because they support every single thing the party does whether unconstitutional or not. But this is completely ridiculous. The bill essentially gives the President unlimited power to declare war anywhere in the world and with anyone, including here in the United States. I already read section 1034 and encourage others to do so as well.

My accusation that they are hypocrites is because some of the Republicans have criticized the President for not going to the Congress for authority to invade Libya. Yet now they are offering him unchecked powers to invade any country he feels poses a terrorist threat. In fairness though, perhaps some Republicans will vote against it, namely Ron Paul of course in defense of the Constitution. If this passes any president in the future will be able to use it to go to war with anyone anywhere and claim it's in defense of terrorism. It also allows them to go after American citizens on American soil. Remember that the Dept of Homeland Security a while back said Constitution supporters, conspiracy theorists, and military returning from war were higher risk for becoming terrorists. Just think that should be in people's mind when reading a bill like this. The simple fact of the matter is though that the majority of Republican voters will support the bill with open arms because it is to help fight the war on terror. So what about the Constitution. Nobody really supports that anyway other than a very small percentage of people. For the rest it is just something that sounds good, to say they support the Constitution, even though most don't even know what the heck it says. My intent here isn't to attack Republicans, but more or less to open people's eyes to the type of bills that are being proposed. I am on the side of Liberty, which means more to me than most I'm afraid, or perhaps most just don't understand how easy it is to lose liberty. I know a lot of people on this board care deeply about liberty, which is what keeps me active on the political section of this board.

Check out the link to read about it and be sure to click on the hyper-links to go to the section 1034 portion. Also, you can do a search for HR 1540. For those of you who have Android phones, there is an app called Congress, which shows every new bill introduced and passed or failed, and the voting record of all politicians. Just search for your politician if you want to see his or her voting record. If you recall I have always said that I judge politicians by their action instead of their rhetoric. Well, this app makes that a heck of a lot easier.
https://fromthetrenchesworldreport.co...ca-itself/4071