Royce Gracie's UFC Return Almost a Done Deal

MMA pioneer Royce Gracie has long been rumored to be fighting on the UFC's card in Rio this summer, but it looks like rumors may in fact be turning to reality. In an interview given to UOL Esportes, Royce addressed the possibility of returning to Brazil this summer to fight in the UFC.
"It would be the perfect place to do my last fight. I never fought in Rio de Janeiro and I couldn't be more psyched. We are negotiating [the fight deal], but we should have it finalized in two weeks. We only had an initial contact and I don't even have an opponent yet, but we should have that finalized soon" said the 44 year old Gracie.

Gracie's last appearance in the octagon was at UFC 60 when he was defeated by Matt Hughes via first round TKO, although Gracie did go on to defeat Kazushi Sakuraba at the K-1 Dynamite USA show one year later. Following the fight, Royce's urine sample given to the CSAC was found to have high levels of the steroid Nandralone, although he denied ever taking any banned substance. Since then, Gracie has been inactive from MMA competition, but maintains that he's in just as good of shape as he ever was.
"My weight is the same as it was twenty years ago [80kg], I am still training, keeping the blade sharp. I follow a very strict diet. I never drank, never party, Carnaval, none of that... I'm ready to fight"
The UFC's return to Brazil is expected to take place August 27th from the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro and is rumored to feature a middleweight title fight between Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami.