• Join Us!
  • Any photographers in here?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Any photographers in here?

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Any photographers in here?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I am looking into buying a DSLR camera and I am trying to figure out the best deal to go with. There are so many different things to know about these. I had no clue there would be so many options to choose from!
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

brody13
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Any photographers in here?

Im a photographer, Its more about the lenses than the camera to be honest. Also, it depends on what you are primarily going to be taking pictures of.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Well, at first it will mostly be inside portrait type pictures (the new baby), christmas pictures, etc...Then that will move into more sports type pictures of whatever Jacob will be playing, racing, etc....

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

brody13
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

The olympus evolt e-500 is what I have and I love it. the original lens that comes with it is ok, but I just recently got a new 50mm zuiko digital 2f lens for it and the difference is amazing. I bought it for portrait photography.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

I ran by BestBuy at lunch just to hold a Nikon and Canon to see if there is one that feels any better than the other. They both felt pretty much the same. I think I have decided to go with a Canon because I have heard that the lenses are cheaper. But, BestBuy only had the T1i and T2i there and the T1i has been discontinued. They didn't have much of a selection. I think the Nikon D3100 had the package with the body, 18-55 and 55-200 for 799, I think. I looked at a few so I may have that mixed up. I will more than likely buy off the internet just because there are better deals.

So it sounds like it will be hard to go wrong with a body, that the lenses are where it's at??

Strella is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 206
      Overall activity: 0.3%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Lens is where its at. Most stock lenses are just OK at best. Any new Cannon, Nikon, Olympus DSLR will be more than adequate for what you will be looking for. I would try to find the best deal, maybe find a blowout sale on last years models or something and then try to look into new lenses. Lenses make the camera but also cost a good bit. You also need to learn to play around with the adjustments on the camera to get the best shots in diff light situations and such. I would also reccommend using photoshop or some other similar program. If you dont really want to mess around with this stuff u can always go with a point and shoot from Cannon or Sony, they are getting pretty solid these days. DSLRs will def give u a better quality shot, but only if u get a new lens, use the right camera settings and do final touchups in a photo program.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

I am leaning toward the Nikon D3100. It's right in the price range that I was looking to spend and that comes with 2 lenses. I will for sure want to get Photoshop or something to edit the photos myself. I have a point and shoot and I just want something that is higher quality. I can get the Nikon D3100, 2 lenses, and everything else except memory card for 724. I thought that was a pretty good deal from what I have been seeing.

Strella is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 206
      Overall activity: 0.3%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Sounds like a decent deal, but honestly i would worry less about the stock lenses they are gonna give you to go with it and just try to get the camera and some memory cards or an extra battery maybe. You will most likely want to buy your own lens afterward. I may be sounding annoying, but a stock lens wont be as good as you think your pictures should look. When I finally got a new lens it was crazy how nice the pics came out. This really is one of those hobbies where u actually need to devote a decent amount of time figuring everything out. My take, and what Ive gathered from talking to people who are real deal photographers is, any top name brand DSLR over 8 megapixels with the right quality lens will take really great pictures. So I think it is better to go with a more entry level nikon, cannon, olympus and then spend more on a solid lens. I have a feeling you can get a good one for around $500 online that will come with some extra stuff. Ill look later and and see if I can find anything.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Strella View Post
      Sounds like a decent deal, but honestly i would worry less about the stock lenses they are gonna give you to go with it and just try to get the camera and some memory cards or an extra battery maybe. You will most likely want to buy your own lens afterward. I may be sounding annoying, but a stock lens wont be as good as you think your pictures should look. When I finally got a new lens it was crazy how nice the pics came out. This really is one of those hobbies where u actually need to devote a decent amount of time figuring everything out. My take, and what Ive gathered from talking to people who are real deal photographers is, any top name brand DSLR over 8 megapixels with the right quality lens will take really great pictures. So I think it is better to go with a more entry level nikon, cannon, olympus and then spend more on a solid lens. I have a feeling you can get a good one for around $500 online that will come with some extra stuff. Ill look later and and see if I can find anything.
      You are not being annoying at all man!! I know nothing about this stuff other than what I have read, and that is nothing on real world experience. Keep it coming!! If I am going to spend this much on it, I want it to be right

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

700 is pretty much all I'm looking to spend. The 3100 package was 724, which was right in my price range.

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

best friend is semi-pro, he buys on ebay, he says there's always someone who bought a 2500 top of the line last year, who doesn't use it much and wants money, and they sell for like 800, he says u do have to know what u want and keep on eye on the site