• Join Us!
  • GOP wins first budget skirmish, bigger fight looms
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: GOP wins first budget skirmish, bigger fight looms

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default GOP wins first budget skirmish, bigger fight looms

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

In 2 weeks we will get alot more cuts

Republicans won an early round Wednesday in their fight to shrink the government, pushing $4 billion in spending cuts through Congress in a bill that puts off the possibility of a for two weeks.
      Largely a spectator so far, President Barack Obama dispatched his vice president to initiate negotiations on a broader, longer-term spending bill and find "common ground" with determined to cut tens of billions of dollars more and undo much of his agenda.
      He conceded in advance that any deal on a government budget covering the next seven months will feature cuts, not just the long-term freeze he proposed last month.
      The Senate cleared the temporary spending measure by an overwhelming 91-9 vote after the House passed it with a large bipartisan vote Tuesday. Obama signed it Wednesday afternoon.
      After initially being rejected last week by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., the two-week cuts written by House Republicans shot through the with minimal opposition on the right and left.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Re: GOP wins first budget skirmish, bigger fight looms

This is getting to be ridiculous. These pathetic politicians still haven't come up with the budget for fiscal 2011 and we are already several months in. As for cutting the deficit spending, they are not making a dent. The Republicans are trying but the Dems are not willing to agree to anything much. Still, even if they cut 10s of billions of dollars, it is merely a dent in the massive budget Obama has proposed. They need to cut hundreds of billions out. I would think 50% is very feasible, but it won't happen. Mark my words, our country will go bankrupt eventually at this rate of spending. It cannot go on forever like this. We are not immune to bankruptcy. And we are also not immune to hyperinflation, though I think double digit is all we will see in the near term. I suspect close to 20% real inflation is coming. Of course, going off the worthless CPI (consumer price index) will not show that, but it excludes the things that matter, such as food and oil. Ignore the CPI and look at real tangible products, notably commodity price increases to see what type of inflation we are really experiencing. Gold and Silver are on fire. Silver is just under $34 an ounce, and several month ago it was only $19 per ounce. That shows how poorly the dollar is performing. All other commodities are up significantly as well. The dollar is being destroyed. It almost seems like they are intentionally trying to bankrupt our currency. The budget battle is mere politics, and will do nothing to remedy the mess they have created. They being the Federal Reserve and past and current administrations. Now that oil is skyrocketing we can expect another recession to his soon. I think it will be before summer's end, or a lot sooner if gas prices continue at the current rate. If Saudi Arabia has civil unrest like the rest of the Arab countries then gas will most likely see the same $140 per barrel as it did in 2008. That will cause defaults on auto loans, credit cards, home mortgages, etc. This will lead to the second dip in the double dip recession economists have worried about. However, I don't believe we ever came out of the first recession. They use the GDP as an indicator for recessions, but any real economist who has half a brain knows that GDP is manipulated in the government's favor. Unemployment has remained steady while inflation continues to climb, thus resulting in stagflation. That is what we are looking at, and stagflation is not good at all. So on with the budget they work, but it will result in meaningless cuts that will have no positive effect on our economy. Tens of billions mean nothing on a one trillion plus deficit, and a 14 trillion dollar debt.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

bowbow is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      This is getting to be ridiculous. These pathetic politicians still haven't come up with the budget for fiscal 2011 and we are already several months in. As for cutting the deficit spending, they are not making a dent. The Republicans are trying but the Dems are not willing to agree to anything much. Still, even if they cut 10s of billions of dollars, it is merely a dent in the massive budget Obama has proposed. They need to cut hundreds of billions out. I would think 50% is very feasible, but it won't happen. Mark my words, our country will go bankrupt eventually at this rate of spending. It cannot go on forever like this. We are not immune to bankruptcy. And we are also not immune to hyperinflation, though I think double digit is all we will see in the near term. I suspect close to 20% real inflation is coming. Of course, going off the worthless CPI (consumer price index) will not show that, but it excludes the things that matter, such as food and oil. Ignore the CPI and look at real tangible products, notably commodity price increases to see what type of inflation we are really experiencing. Gold and Silver are on fire. Silver is just under $34 an ounce, and several month ago it was only $19 per ounce. That shows how poorly the dollar is performing. All other commodities are up significantly as well. The dollar is being destroyed. It almost seems like they are intentionally trying to bankrupt our currency. The budget battle is mere politics, and will do nothing to remedy the mess they have created. They being the Federal Reserve and past and current administrations. Now that oil is skyrocketing we can expect another recession to his soon. I think it will be before summer's end, or a lot sooner if gas prices continue at the current rate. If Saudi Arabia has civil unrest like the rest of the Arab countries then gas will most likely see the same $140 per barrel as it did in 2008. That will cause defaults on auto loans, credit cards, home mortgages, etc. This will lead to the second dip in the double dip recession economists have worried about. However, I don't believe we ever came out of the first recession. They use the GDP as an indicator for recessions, but any real economist who has half a brain knows that GDP is manipulated in the government's favor. Unemployment has remained steady while inflation continues to climb, thus resulting in stagflation. That is what we are looking at, and stagflation is not good at all. So on with the budget they work, but it will result in meaningless cuts that will have no positive effect on our economy. Tens of billions mean nothing on a one trillion plus deficit, and a 14 trillion dollar debt.
      I agree with everything you said. It's going to get bad around here.
      Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

yes jsjs dead on and this is why I think a Impeacment should happen soon. This scum bag president is killing our great country
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      yes jsjs dead on and this is why I think a Impeacment should happen soon. This scum bag president is killing our great country
      I can think of many reasons for an impeachment, but it will not happen. The President used bribery to acquire the auto companies and banks. Article 2 Section 4 of the Constitution reads "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." But the Constitution means nothing these days, and impeachment is nearly impossible, unless it's a Republican, such was Nixon.

It is unconstitutional for the President and his Attorney General, Eric Holder, to bring a suit against the state of AZ by the United Nations World Court. Amendment XI of the Constitution reads "The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State." Thus, it is unconstitutional for the Judicial power of the U.S. to be extended to any foreign state.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.