1. Baked Apples Or Pears

Apples and pears are great when warm. I just discovered this recently and other than in pies, I've never had it. It's my new found love. Wow! Serve with cinnamon or even stuff with dried fruits (raisins, dates, papaya apricots etc). If you feel like going all out, add some granola on top.
Serves 2
    • 2 apples or pears
    • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    • 10 pieces of dried fruit cut up into small chunks
    • 1/4 cup granola (optional)
If you are using pears, cut them in half. Apples; just removed the core (don't cut in half). Take dried fruit mix and stuff apples (core) or place into pear belly. Sprinkle cinnamon. Granola on top if you are using (optional). Bake until slightly brown (375 for 35 minutes).

2. Quick and Fancy Apples

Another way to snack on apples - this one is quick and sweet and it can be done a million different ways. The best part... it only takes 2 minutes. Just cut an apple up (I love Fuji apples) and add chopped walnuts, or a mix of nuts if you prefer. Add some maple syrup or have it with almond butter or peanut butter. Up to you. Mix it all up... Ah, what a delight!
Serves 1
    • 1 apple cut into small chunks (skin on preferred)
    • 1/2 cup nuts (assorted or your favorite)
    • 2 tablespoons maple syrup or almond butter
This ones easy! Mix it up and Enjoy!

3. Greek Yogurt Parfaits

This is great for entertaining while still serving a healthy treat that gets high presentation scores. Be sure to serve it in a clear glass- to impress. Greek Yogurt has no fat, making it onto my list of favorite treats.
Serves 2
    • 2.5 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
    • 2 tablespoons honey
    • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest and a very little juice (optional)
    • 1/4 papaya cut into cubes (pineapple works too)
    • 1/2 cup each blackberries, raspberries (can use frozen but fresh is better)
    • 4 sprigs fresh mint(chop 2 up and save 2 for garnish)
    • 1/4 cup granola
Combine half of yogurt to honey and zest (with lemon juice) and chopped mint. Make mixture by adding to bowl of fruit to coat. In glass, spoon in a layer of fruit, then a layer of plain yogurt, followed by a layer of fruit and yogurt mixture. Finish with granola and mint to garnish.

4. Vegetable Salsa

I like to make this on Sundays; it will last me until the next Thursday. It is the perfect guilt free treat. I enjoy mine served on Ezekiel bread. Any leftover are great added to chicken, so make a big batch. It's important here that you chop everything up very small.
Serves 4
    • 2 medium tomatoes
    • 1 small zucchini
    • 1/2 cup each eggplant and yellow squash
    • 1/2 cup onion
    • 1 tablespoon turmeric
    • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Grill tomatoes, zucchinis, eggplant and squash until softened. Let them cool off. Chop into small pieces and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Let chill in fridge.

5. Almond Milk Smoothie

A smoothie sometimes can be just as satisfying as ice cream (serious!). Add in more ice to make it thicker and you can even pretend by eating with a spoon. Add protein to make it a meal. The options here are endless. This treat is great as it gets me potassium, calcium, fiber and omega 3's in one delicious treat... with a hint of sweetness!
Serves 1
    • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla or original)
    • 2 teaspoon flax seeds
    • 1 medium banana
    • 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
    • 1 teaspoon honey
    • 5 ice cubes
No brain-work here... all ingredients in a blender and enjoy!

6. Garlicky Hummus

Hummus... need I say more? Here is a twist to an all-time favorite snack. When it comes time for garlic, crushed will do. If you can make garlic ahead of time it will really pay off, especially in this recipe. Take an entire clove and cut the top off, pour a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil on top (wrap in foil) let it do magic in the oven at 375 for 40-45 minutes. I use this garlic on everything... so good! My suggestion - make more than one clove. You'll love it!
Makes 3 cups
    • 1 can chickpeas (save 1/4 liquid)
    • 1/4 cup tahini(sesame paste)
    • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 clove garlic if crushed or 3 cloves spooned out of the bulb if you baked it in the oven ahead of time
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
    • 1 tomato chopped (core removed)
    • 2 scallions (chopped very finely)
Bust out the food processor for this one (or a magic bullet if you have one). Combine chickpeas and liquid with tahini, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, ginger, and cumin and puree. Stir in cilantro, tomato, and scallions, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining oil over the top of the hummus. Taste. Feel free to add in more of that yummy roasted garlic... don't be shy!

7. Homemade Cucumber Pickles

Skip all the usual steps of heating and cooking and 'pickle-ing' and try this short cut version. In my opinion this is an underestimated staple to healthy snacking. Cucumbers are super low cal and having them pickled adds a ton of flavor.
    • 1 cucumber thinly sliced
    • 4 cups rice vinegar
Let it sit(the longer the better)... it's that simple!

8. Homemade Kale Chips

Another low cal snack! Low calories and a fraction of the badness of any other chips.
    • 2 bunches Kale
    • 2 teaspoon olive oil
    • 1 teaspoon salt
Remove stems from washed Kale and tear into small pieces. Toss with oil and salt and place on baking sheet. Bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes.