• Join Us!
  • Krav Maga
  • Krav Maga
  • Krav Maga
  • Krav Maga
  • Krav Maga
  • Krav Maga
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Krav Maga

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Krav Maga

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga

• Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      Krav Maga
      Pack on lean muscle (and learn to kick ass) with the official fighting system of the Israel Defense Forces

What it Is

Krav Maga became the official fighting system of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) when Israel became its own state in 1948. The discipline uses real-world techniques to get people out of dangerous situations and is still used by Israeli soldiers today.

Prepare to Learn It

Work on transitioning to a fighting stance quickly. Stand passively, feet [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]shoulder-width[/COLOR] apart, with your weight on the balls of your feet and your hands at your sides. Then, take a step forward with your [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]left [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]foot[/COLOR][/COLOR] if you are right-handed (or vice versa), bend your knees, and bring your hands up toward your face, dropping your elbows to your [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]rib [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]cage[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Your hands will be slightly open and your chin will be tucked in, to simulate how you'd really move in the street, according to Jarret Waldman, senior lead instructor at Krav Maga Worldwide, based in L.A. Try this for 3 sets of 10, yelling as you go each time, only resting long enough to catch your breath. "The idea is to go from 0 to 60 in an instant," says Waldman. [/COLOR]

Your First Class

After a 10-minute warm-up, you'll do calisthenics (pushups, crunches, stuff like that) and then get right into the techniques you use to stop an attacker—punches, kicks, elbows, knees, head butts, eye gouges, and throat strikes. Expect to get jacked if you attend class regularly, since you'll be hitting pads often. "Students definitely strengthen their bodies and lower their [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]body [COLOR=blue !important]fat [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]content[/COLOR][/COLOR] during the class," says Waldman. You'll also likely participate in team-based drills: Expect scenes like one student pounding on a pad while another pulls him away from it with a strap or band. "The drills are designed to build aggressiveness and focus the student on destroying a target," says Waldman. [/COLOR]
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

ketsugo is offline *BANNED*
      Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Krav Maga

Good info. Krav madga is for self protection, not for you ring fighting guys. Two different concepts that most do not understand. In my life I teach for the same reasons. All my life Ive trained. For sport and for self protection. Despite my deep admiration for Brazilian Jujutsu skills- I will use it to make a point here. Now I get many BJJ guys looking to train in my class or take privates. They think they will have it down easy because they study the BJJ- while the body can move and bend in only so many ways, that part may be true, however what separates modern martial arts /sports from the methods that prepare for war are very very different. Ring training may develop useful skills for self protection, but its training for the confines of the sport . The battlefield, an all out gang fight or bar fight, being attacked by multiple assailants has no similarity whatsoever NONE. Now despite my appreciation for BJJ- many times I have guys use the term ,"functional" yes FOR THE RING. In some of the previous scenarious I mentioned whomever ends up on the ground dies. Yes 90% of the MMA/UFC end up on the ground- its a sport boys and girls. You no need to worry about falling on broken objects that can cut you or having six of your enemies buddies kick you or throw object on you, smash glass bottles over you etc etc etc because thats what happens to the morons that take it to the ground in real life now. People dont fight fair. The suffix ,"jutsu= war" the suffix ,"do=a way of practice/peace/play". So when I say BJJ is really judo Im not being irreverent its just that it was born in the kodokan judo school and its a sport. Krav Magda was what type of combat soldiers trained with over in israel like Baby1 pointed out. Did you know that the soldiers arsenal of weapons and training are so extensive that even here their empty hand techniques are limited. I have contact with many , even one area base in which a few groups look to outer sources to train in the event they lose their weapons. I remember first meeting a kid who was fearless and we talked and he wanted to see what kinds of stuff i do- i first ask how would you hold a knife- he learns to hold the knife up infront of his chest and out reach his free hand. So I motioned to cut his hand. Little details like that can get you killed. The intent in war is to kill- that is a real martial art. Im not saying KM is that extreme, but to me there is no such thing as self defense. This is your life, you protect it at all costs. Krav Magda is the new thing- I train it- just remember the ring and the street are two different things. Man I could go on forever lol. My last piece of advice and not to go against the entire purpose of a fitness site. Its funny that in my classes the most difficult students are like personal trainers lol its funny because the science of fighting in a true method -the smartest and most clever wins the fight- NOT the most physically conditioned. To quote John J Rambo : Ive always thought the mind is the greatest weapon

IronpumpedLady is offline Vixen
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 55
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Took this for 5+ years~!! Want spar??

Stay Strong~~!!!
      IPL

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by IronpumpedLady View Post
      Took this for 5+ years~!! Want spar??

Stay Strong~~!!!
      IPL
      Fitness and exercise genius, tech wizard and martial artist, and you maintain yourself in top physical shape? Is there anything you are not good at?? LOL

This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Hey I get bored easy~! LOL

Stay Strong~~!!!
      IPL

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

If you ever move to Tom Brady Land let me know- Ill show you some real stuff that will blow your mind. Im very critical about combat methods - whats ironic is its actually very easy to save your life in a lethal manner which NO popular public overt system teaches, you dont need to be in shape either but you would never be bored. The sporting methods actually are far more difficult to learn. Like Judo and/or Brazilian Jujutsu take far more skill to utilize than a mixture of more lethal and efficient methods of protecting yourself LMAO. So I hope people that practice sport or what I call ring training understand that I mean no disrespect but merely to distinguish different methods of training.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I'll hold you to that K~!! I must add I had private lessons with the instructor~ LOL He taught me pressure/hold techniques, that I love~!1 LOL The come in handy!

Stay Strong~~!!!
      IPL

jipped genes is offline VET
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

i would love to try it. it seems brutal and extreme................fun!

i have done KFM which is similar but it mostly focuses on multiple attackers. i assume Krav Maga has similar tactics.

sport fighting is a long way from hardcore self defense. i love tham both
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

JIPPED- MULTIPLE ATTACKERS IS HOW ONE NEED TO PRACTICE- NEVER NEVER NEVER ASSUME YOU FACE ONE PERSON. THAT WHY IN MY CLASS WHILE SPARRING HAS A ROLE- I FEEL IT DEVELOPS TOO MANY BAD HABITS. ALSO- I DONT BELIEVE IN HOLDS - HOLDS HAVE NO PLACE IN PROTECTING YOURSELF- PROTECTING- AGAIN NO SUCH THING AS SELF DEFENSE. HOLDS ONLY OCCUR IN THE DOJO. SEE THOSE ARE THE THINGS THAT I FIND LIMITING IN KRAV MAGA. IN SILAT, IN ACTUAL TAIJUTSU- THERE ARE NO HOLDS, TO ME KICKING IS WASTEFUL SERIOUSLY - WHEN ATTACKED ONE NEEDS TO DEHUMANIZE THE ENEMY - THEY ARE NOW A TARGET, WHAT EVER THEY GIVE YOU , YOU TAKE- ON THE BATTLEFIELD OR STREET TO ME- PEOPLE THAT RELY ON STRIKING WITH FISTS OR FEET OR THINK A CHOKE IS A SELF DEFENSE OPTION- WILL DIE. WHEN ONE EXTENDS THEIR LIMB YOU USE MOMENTUM , LEVERAGE AND A WEAPON TO DO ONE OF TWO THINGS SNAP A LIMB OR SLICE A TENDON OR ARTERY- THATS THE BASIS OF REAL COMBAT. YOU ONLY FIGHT IF IT WORTH KILLING- THATS IT, THEY REACHFOR ANYTHING YOU CUT THEM- KNIFE, CREDIT CARD, PEN- IN MY SCHOOL YOU LEARN WEAPONS FIRST FILIPINO KALI/KNIFE FIGHTING, SILAT AND JUJUSTU LIMB DESTRUCTION - YOU BECOME THE ATTACKER

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga

• Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      • Krav Maga
      heres an article I published last year in an Martial Art Mag:
      Why are you training?
      Many people have a reason. Some want to just simply get in shape and they like the discipline and structure of coming to a formalized class. Others seek to gain approval of others and need the reinforcement of obtaining rank or colored belts. I myself have dedicated my life to exercise and conditioning, so when I look for a place to train, I have no interest in paying to perform calisthenics or add some cardio conditioning. I do that on my own. Personally I have a peeve when I go to a class and spend any amount of time performing jumping jacks, sit ups or stretching. Theoretically those exercises are actually for many reasons not beneficial to conditioning and can be counter productive, but that’s another article.
      Too many people get caught up in the so called hype of Martial Arts. Belts, uniforms etc. What I want when I train or when I teach is to prepare to protect my life. Protect my family and protect my body from those who wish to do harm. It can take a lifetime to build skills and coordination. To me? I find it wasteful and offensive to spend hours performing rituals and physical condition in a class. In my class I will never stoop to that level. I will never waste a moment in a School that professes the superficial aspects of main stay martial art schools to be important. To them I say, BALONEY!. I stretch , do pylometrics and lift weights everyday and have made that a part of my life for almost 30 years. A martial Arts class to me should be dedicated to learning drills to develop timing, distancing, and sensitivity to attacks. How to deal with angles of attacks, with bladed weapons, with your body, that are easy and quick to learn. Leave the dancing to the dance schools. I don’t care about a uniform; I could care less about a belt color. I prefer the old way of Koryu Bujutsu- when they prepared for war. Not sport, not for the ring, not for a trophy. If I practice what resembles a form or kata, then it came from me- every morning I pick a bunch of techniques or movements that I understand, chain them together and practice them over and over again until it becomes part of my subconscious. This way everything I do has meaning and intent.
      In,” Japanese martial arts": "budō", literally meaning "martial way", "bujutsu" .which has no perfect translation but means something like science, art, or craft of war, and "bugei", literally meaning "martial art." The term "budō" is a modern one, and is normally intended to indicate the practice of martial arts as a way of life, and encompassing physical, spiritual, and moral dimensions with a focus of self-improvement, fulfillment, or personal growth. The terms bujutsu and bugei have more discrete definitions, at least historically speaking. Bujutsu refers specifically to the practical application of martial tactics and techniques in actual combat. Bugei refers to the adaptation or refinement of those tactics and techniques to facilitate systematic instruction and dissemination within a formal learning environment. In my mind bujutsu is my intent when I practice.
      Practical application is my only care/ and or concern. In the old school Mentality the primary purpose a martial art was for use in war. If anyone does not understand why I would only care to practice that way, you need only watch the six o’clock news. Kids shoot each other now at schools; people get shot by random machine gun fire at the local mall. Someone just got shot while pumping gas in broad daylight. You could be anywhere and the level of society has sunk so low that it’s not safe to walk the streets anymore. All the paddy-cake kicks, deep hose stances, all the jumping jacks and black belts wont help you when you got a knife thrusting at you. Therefore I don’t care about a belt. The Dan system of ranking was created in a time of peace anyway. It deludes many people into thinking they have become a warrior. The Black belt was not a tradition passed down by the soldier; it was developed by the lowest class of people in Society. The Warrior had no need for that. The Samurai spit on the peasant. It has simply become a way to commercialize and feed a weak superficial society. I can recall how recently, I heard from one of my teachers how he had lost a good number of students because the parents told him that,” he was not giving out belts quickly enough”. To hear that sickens and disgusts me beyond words. Society, these people are more concerned with show than what really matters. It is stories like this that offend me and have resulted in the loss of the Martial Aspects of Training. "Modern" martial arts, whose primary focus is generally upon the self-improvement (mental, physical, or spiritual) of the individual practitioner, with varying degrees of emphasis on the practical application of the martial art for either sport or self defense purposes. It is sad when a few schools still try to teach something effective and worthwhile but the general public still can’t see the truth. Even when learning methods of crippling and killing an attacker you begin to understand how fragile life is. How careful you must be. How easily your life could be wiped out in any given moment. Train to save your life, the rest will fall into place. The pop culture will always rule and they always love trash.

Written by xxxxxxxxxxxx, Teaches Ketsugo Jujutsu on the xxxxxxxxxxxx, Shodan Ketsugo Jujutsu, Guro/ George Brewster , Pananandata, Boston Arnis Club, 10 year Student Jarome Majeed Wing Chun, 6th Generation Disciple Muy Fai Hung , Pin Sun Wing Chin Kung Fu, Guro Pukulan Tjimande /Sifu Matta Madjan, Shidoshi Shotokan Karate, 3rd dan Black Belt Tae Kwon Do, Black Belt American Kenpo, Shodan Aikido, Menkyo Oukiri Diato Ryu Aikijutsu, Guro Cabales Serrada Escrima, Shihan Iga Ryu Ninjutsu, Fairtex Muy Thai