• Join Us!
  • A Farmer In The Dell
  • A Farmer In The Dell
  • A Farmer In The Dell
  • A Farmer In The Dell
  • A Farmer In The Dell
  • A Farmer In The Dell
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: A Farmer In The Dell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default A Farmer In The Dell

my cousin after 20 years of corporate lawyering became a full time farmer two years ago, after buying one in 07, he sent me a fifty page year end story of his endevor this year, i lol many times, so he sent me his 09 missive

jeeses, basically he can't take a shyte without getting approval from the government, and the goverment don't trust you unless they know you, which means, please please please sign up for every program every invented or known to man too get free money, and let me say in farming they have free money for each piece of toilet paper

bottom line is he's doing quite a bit of paperwork all the time, because no matter what he spends money on there is some program u can get rebates or subsidies on, and since everyone does it, he has to do it, just to be cost competitive

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: A Farmer In The Dell

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      my cousin after 20 years of corporate lawyering became a full time farmer two years ago, after buying one in 07, he sent me a fifty page year end story of his endevor this year, i lol many times, so he sent me his 09 missive

jeeses, basically he can't take a shyte without getting approval from the government, and the goverment don't trust you unless they know you, which means, please please please sign up for every program every invented or known to man too get free money, and let me say in farming they have free money for each piece of toilet paper

bottom line is he's doing quite a bit of paperwork all the time, because no matter what he spends money on there is some program u can get rebates or subsidies on, and since everyone does it, he has to do it, just to be cost competitive

Only getting worse with your buddy in there
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

bowbow is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

They need to do away with all these farm subsidies. Government would save billions.
      Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by bowbow View Post
      They need to do away with all these farm subsidies. Government would save billions.
      I totally agree, and I come from a family of farmers. The subsidies primarily help out the large farmers who are wealthy, but not the small farmers like my family. Unfortunately, my family mainly raised tobacco, and due to the massive tax increases on it over the last couple decades they have all stopped growing it. It got to where the profit in it wasn't worth the time and work required to grow it. And this is the case with many of the smaller farmers where I'm from (WV). The main source for tobacco these days comes from the very large farmers, though some smaller farmers do still raise it to make what little extra money they can.

Subsidies of any kind need to stop. Government intervention needs to stop. However, neither will ever happen. The government will continue to grow and grow and grow. Both parties support big government, though one of them pretends to be against it.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

This reminds me of my mapping years in the MS Delta. South Carolina farms...I know farming is hard work. damn hard work. I figured it'd take allot to really have some decent profits. But I would follow a tap into a farm. Then come up on a damn mansion. Often in MS. It would either be a mansion, or close to it, or a 150yr old shotgun shack.
      Obviously some knew better how to acheive greater subsidies than others. I'm sure there is some 'it's who-ya-know' even in farming as well. As far as in local gov...
      But, I'm not saying that all of it wasn't earned honest. What gets to me, though, is the honest getting how they get it, and basically getting robbed by the government to keep the others in those big lavish lifestyles. But, I'm nobody to say that all those mansions & beautiful plantations weren't earned by the blood, sweat & tears of hard work.

Bottom line. The government should be there to protect the farmer's rights, and just be there for the farmer's protection of property. Capitalism built the greatest economy in history. Correct me if I'm wrong, but farming was the largest portion of the economy for centuries. right? The powerplant of the economy.
      1 up

Go Gators

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

yes it was, our largest exports are food, chemicals and high tech equipment, very high tech

bowbow is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Your going to see more and more about agricultural commodities in the news in 2011. Strong exports, short U.S. supplies, and not favorable weather patterns in south america will be top stories I think.
      Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups