• Join Us!
  • Steroids Provide Health Benefits, Possible?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Steroids Provide Health Benefits, Possible?

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Steroids Provide Health Benefits, Possible?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

The news media have placed steroid under a dim light—they have constantly portrayed steroids as drugs with dangerous health effects. For sometime now, steroids have been directly synonymous to muscle growth. People often hear all about the negatives about these drugs—both in broadcast and print media. But how about the health positives of these drugs, will they forever be ignored?

The Exaggeration of News Media to Steroids

According to Charles Yesalis, the author and co-author of numerous authoritative steroid books, including The Steroid Game, “The health risks (of steroid) have been greatly overstated. Hypertension, for example, is widely claimed to be a side effect of taking androgens. This is one of the most exaggerated claims. And as for users becoming sterile, there has never been a single reliably documented case of irreversible infertility as a result of androgen administration.”

Yesalis also reminded people that the medical science has been safely using steroids for almost 70 years now. “Anabolic steroids can be used relatively safely, but at even low doses they can have side effects. No drug, supplement, or substance is totally ‘safe’. Heck, you can even overdose on water,” he explained.

Steroids Certainly Carry Health Benefits

Even though there is an apparent abuse on the use of steroids now, it does not precisely mean they no longer carry health benefits. The Medical News Today reviewed the health benefits that can be brought by steroids. One feature posted on this site explained that when swelling threatens to critically harm the body organs, steroids is a helpful drug to vitally save the organ—to the point of saving life. Like for example, steroids can significantly help the development of kidney inflammation, which can result to kidney failure to individuals who has vasculitis or lupus. In this case, kidney transplantation or dialysis can be prevented through the use of steroid therapy.

Steroid as a Treatment Drug

Steroids are medicines intended to cure illnesses and diseases. There are several proofs that can testify this claim. One of which is the new result achieved by the researchers in University of Adelaide concerning to their study on the effects of steroids to premature babies, which was based on Adelaide’s Women’s and Children Hospital. The study revealed that steroids show a good result on the babies whose mothers were given corticosteroids. “The babies were found out to have no more health problems compared to the babies whose mothers were not given repeated doses,” stated by Caroline Crowther, study leader professor from University of Adelaide’s Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Steroids are also claimed to be effective in treating arthritis as featured by MedicineNet.com. The feature explained the significant work of steroids in lessening the inflammation and decreasing the immune system’s activity. It has also mentioned that steroids are capable to treat different inflammatory conditions and diseases.

Lastly, steroids were also found out to help boys with muscular dystrophy to walk for farther distance and for longer time. According to one study published by the Scientific Journal of American Academy of Neurology last May of 2007, boys who have Duchenne muscular dystrophy attained a longer period of walk through their own effort because of regular steroid treatments for numerous years. In fact, researchers revealed a record of 75 out of 143 boys from Ohio State University Muscular Dystrophy Clinic in Columbus were treated by corticosteroids. The steroid medication lasted for almost eight years.

Other Conditions Treated By Steroids

According to MedicineNet.com, steroids are intended to treat several conditions whenever the defense system of the body malfunctions and threatens to end up to tissue damage. Steroids are especially used as the major treatment for inflammatory conditions like vasculitis and myositis. These drugs can also be used to treat rheumatoid, lupus, and arthritis.
      In the final analysis, the news media has almost corrupted the positive side of steroids—the main reason why these were created—to treat illnesses and conditions. Undeniably, steroids are abused by some people who do not really need them, but that does not precisely mean that these drugs have completely lost their importance in the field of medicine.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

ketsugo is offline *BANNED*
      Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Steroids Provide Health Benefits, Possible?

B- My favorite post of your ever. Id love to see more of this stuff. The media and the general public place so much hysteria of AAS, when if used wisely and appropriately can actually help us live a better quality of life. Thats when I see them placed in the same category of heroine that it bugs the heck out of me.

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

That is the problem with evrything. People need to educate themselves about things. I used to be one of those people until Fuzo convinced me to read up and educate myself on AS. As we age, our hormones diminish and that starts a whole mess of other problems. I am now a believer in supplementing with hormones of all kinds.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

ketsugo is offline *BANNED*
      Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

ABsolutely- bodybuilding and everything that goes with it- is and should be a fountain of youth. Its not about becoming a freak like Jay Cutler or Ronnie Colemen - its about transending mediocrity with your health and well being. People think just because you have lower bodyfat than others or have bigger biceps than normal -" Hey hes on roids". I mean what a truly ignorant statement. If a few pills were all youd need we would all be where we want to be. Your mind must be disciplined to have a steel will to adhere to our regime of training and eating , to even ignore the discomfort of both even. I mean all of us here know what Im saying. Knowledge is power, but to use it - is altogether a even bigger feat. No layperson can understand. Even on some of the forums that seem to have a much larger base of newbie so to speak members- they think you just take a few pills or take a shot and you can be sloppy with everything else. I guess ignorance is bliss. We come here share our experiences and hopefully help each other grow in knowledge and as people- am I wrong? I think the best is when you post an article and people disagree which opens up a whole world of dialouge. So please know everyone that to question each other is good. To disagree is not a bad thing, we just all need to respect each other and realize together on this forum we are brothers and sisters on the same path