• Join Us!
  • Biometric Pistol Case
  • Biometric Pistol Case
  • Biometric Pistol Case
  • Biometric Pistol Case
  • Biometric Pistol Case
  • Biometric Pistol Case
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Biometric Pistol Case

skinnyman is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Biometric Pistol Case

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case

• Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      In my area as well I am noticing more and more home "break-ins". I think this is partly due to a sign of the times and economy. People are resorting to criminal activity in order to support habits, family, etc.

I have a few handguns locked in my closet and wonder if, while sleeping and in the dark, someone breaks into my house will I be able to react fast enough and get my gun in order to protect my family. The keys are in one area and the locked case in another.

Was thinking about getting a Biometric Pistol Case that uses finger print recognition technology to quickly and effectively get my Magnum Research Baby Eagle ready for an intruder.

What are your thoughts?

BICEPBULG is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 443
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Biometric Pistol Case

I have a gun in every room. Me and the wife know how to use them. If they are locked up you might as well sell them or use them just for target practice . They make night stands with hidden compartments that would be better than locking them away.
      Always expect the unexpected!

young_hulk@hushmail.com

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Very true BB^.
      It's like CC'ing without 1 ready to go. You're as well with a brick in your holster.
      1 up

Go Gators

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

i have heard nothing but good things about them. do research and spend the $$$ on a reliable model
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

but skinnyman. Why don't you have one ready?
      Problem solved. Then you can rest easier.
      It's nice here because we're a castle doctrine state. Every inch helps.
      1 up

Go Gators

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The nightstand is a good idea. Problem is, and i'm sure i am not the only one, I have a very curious and active 9 yr boy and 7 yr girl. I have absolutely no comfort level leaving a loaded pistol anywhere within my house knowing at any possibility the kids would find them and ultimately hurt/kill themselves. I could not live with myself knowing if that happened. Get a lump in my stomach just thinking it.

In doing the research, these things open in 3 seconds with a touch. Of course thats not as fast as just having to reach in a nightstand and grab a loaded pistol. But...having the safe gives me peice of mind when i'm not at home knowing the kids won't find a loaded pistol.

And, i can also program my wife's print so she can acess as well.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Being your children aren't "acclimated", I guess is a word I could use. But, kids will learn to not touch guns just like scissors, kitchen knives, etc...They get it. From growing up around guns, and all my friends the same. We knew the absolute grave danger that's possible with guns...heck...I guess we learnthat very early, because I can only remember to never touch the guns from the earliest memory. But, in growing up acclimated to firearms. By the time I was your sons age, I was taking the guns out and cleaning them myself. I think I was 8 or 9 when I got my 1st 20ga shotgun. I was hunting with a 410 pump a few years before I got the 20ga.
      Take, my daughter, for instance. She will not even look at the guns. She knows not to mess with a gun, or kitchen knives, and such. Those are just things she was taught, just as she was learning other life lessons, such as potty training, and all the essential that you train a child. Training her on guns was just another training point. She got it, and gets it well. She's 6 now, and I'm about to get her one of those little Cricket .22lr (long rifle), but it's a little bolt action, single shot, short rifle made for kids her age. Perfect for teaching firearms fundamentals with, just as my father taught me. I think we all start out with a .22 rifle.
      But, with your situation. I think a safe with that instant quick opener would be suitable. It's never too late to start with the training your children so it's not an issue, or constant worry for them finding the guns. Kids that are taught well will understand the serious nature with firearms, and will not touch them. They don't wanna shoot themselves.

Do what you're comfortable with, of coarse that goes without saying. Just stay in your comfort zone, because if you aren't 100% sure with your children. Then you go with your instincts. again, of course.
      Pistols are a whole nother level because of how easy it is to pick up, and turn it on themselves, and touch the wrong thing. So that would be the strictest of lectures, to begin with. And again. They don't wanna hurt themselves at all. Especially don't wanna feel a hot bullet. They will understand. TV helps with that. They see what guns do in Hollywood. which is far from real. But, they get the severity pretty easily.

It's so nice to know that you're going about it with such caution, and care. You will be a very good teacher for them. When the time comes.
      1 up

Go Gators

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Being your children aren't "acclimated", I guess is a word I could use. But, kids will learn to not touch guns just like scissors, kitchen knives, etc...They get it. From growing up around guns, and all my friends the same. We knew the absolute grave danger that's possible with guns...heck...I guess we learnthat very early, because I can only remember to never touch the guns from the earliest memory. But, in growing up acclimated to firearms. By the time I was your sons age, I was taking the guns out and cleaning them myself. I think I was 8 or 9 when I got my 1st 20ga shotgun. I was hunting with a 410 pump a few years before I got the 20ga.
      Take, my daughter, for instance. She will not even look at the guns. She knows not to mess with a gun, or kitchen knives, and such. Those are just things she was taught, just as she was learning other life lessons, such as potty training, and all the essential that you train a child. Training her on guns was just another training point. She got it, and gets it well. She's 6 now, and I'm about to get her one of those little Cricket .22lr (long rifle), but it's a little bolt action, single shot, short rifle made for kids her age. Perfect for teaching firearms fundamentals with, just as my father taught me. I think we all start out with a .22 rifle.
      But, with your situation. I think a safe with that instant quick opener would be suitable. It's never too late to start with the training your children so it's not an issue, or constant worry for them finding the guns. Kids that are taught well will understand the serious nature with firearms, and will not touch them. They don't wanna shoot themselves.

Do what you're comfortable with, of coarse that goes without saying. Just stay in your comfort zone, because if you aren't 100% sure with your children. Then you go with your instincts. again, of course.
      Pistols are a whole nother level because of how easy it is to pick up, and turn it on themselves, and touch the wrong thing. So that would be the strictest of lectures, to begin with. And again. They don't wanna hurt themselves at all. Especially don't wanna feel a hot bullet. They will understand. TV helps with that. They see what guns do in Hollywood. which is far from real. But, they get the severity pretty easily.

It's so nice to know that you're going about it with such caution, and care. You will be a very good teacher for them. When the time comes.

HP, you hit the nail on the head! "Acclimated" is a fine discription of the situation. I ordered a safe and will let you guys know how well it works.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

awesome! That sounds like a badass safe. That'll ease your conscience in both areas. You'll have one, in reach, ready to go in seconds. And, you don't have the worry that comes with having a loaded gun out for the kids to get ahold of.
      Perfect. looking forward to some pics of that safe, and the chosen piece.
      1 up

Go Gators

motogear is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I am not a big fan of trigger locks or special cases for home protection pistols. I personally have a Colt, .45ACP Model 1911 for home protection. With this pistol you can insert the mag almost all of the way but it will not grab a round when you cock it until you push it in that final 1/8". I keep it loaded in my bed stand and that way if someone finds it they will not be able to fire it unless they figure out they need to push in the mag more. If you want to keep the gun out of kids hands you can do what I suggested and then place the gun between your mattress and boxspring.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case

• Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      • Biometric Pistol Case
      The safest way is to teach your children about firearms. That's the most secure you can be. If they aren't firearm trained, you don't want them to get ahold of one. Just like scissors. Or knives. Or water. Or food.
      1 up

Go Gators