• Join Us!
  • Buying soda pop with food stamps
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying soda pop with food stamps

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Buying soda pop with food stamps

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

America speaks out to FOX News Radio on sugary drinks. New York government officials are petitioning the US government to allow them to ban the use of food stamps on sugar-laden beverages.…

So people become obese from all the cheetos and soda pop they buy with food stamps then bankrupt the country with all the diseases from the obesity brought on by food stamps. ..what a country!!!!

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default Re: Buying soda pop with food stamps

unreal, huh...yeah...They throw it out, now think they can tell those Americans that a damn soft-drink is off limits?! Like they're kids. Americans are children that need guidance in that area?! We're talking about grown ass folks. wtf...Poeple will act like it, and agree with it ultimately. They already do in a sense. In many "senses" these days. sheeit.
      1 up

Go Gators

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I don't think they should give food stamps. Give them 3 MRE per day per person.
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rc10j1 View Post
      I don't think they should give food stamps. Give them 3 MRE per day per person.
      Great idea!!!!!

Strella is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 206
      Overall activity: 0.3%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i like that idea actually. seems way to logical though....

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I have always thought that people on food stamps should only be limited in the types of foods they can purchase. If I were in charge of the system it would go like this: Stores would have products that are market as being qualified for food stamp purchase, the same as is with WIC approved products. Only healthy foods and necessities would be eligible to make the list, things like ground meat, pork, chicken, fish, vegetables, bread, cereals, milk, orange juice, etc. All foods would have to be generic brands. This would be an incentive to get people off of food stamps. But when they can buy cookies, soda, name brand foods, and other sorts of junk, there is no incentive whatsoever to get off of government assistance. The entire system disgusts me to tell you the truth.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      I have always thought that people on food stamps should only be limited in the types of foods they can purchase. If I were in charge of the system it would go like this: Stores would have products that are market as being qualified for food stamp purchase, the same as is with WIC approved products. Only healthy foods and necessities would be eligible to make the list, things like ground meat, pork, chicken, fish, vegetables, bread, cereals, milk, orange juice, etc. All foods would have to be generic brands. This would be an incentive to get people off of food stamps. But when they can buy cookies, soda, name brand foods, and other sorts of junk, there is no incentive whatsoever to get off of government assistance. The entire system disgusts me to tell you the truth.
      That's it. period. No more needs to be added than that last sentence to me. Welfare is a bullshit system at 'go', so everything following is useless. Whoever pays the bills on something for people, then they ultimately have the say-so. soft drinks, chips, whatever...Private jets were off limits for the banks after the financial bailout. That's how that system works. It's completely un-American. When the government pays the bills for people, and calls the shots, that ain't capitalism. And far from what made America. So, I completely disagree with it. But, take away people's choice of hydration. Soft drinks are good to have around for the kids during flu and cold season. Some people might disagree with my way of healthy living. So if I had assistance, I might get turned away from my protien-shakes. Welfare is 1 thing. And bad enough. Take away the choices of diet?..damn...raising babies.
      1 up

Go Gators

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

The government isn't supposed to raise anyone though. Or make decision one for anyone.
      The protection of right and liberties please. Isn't it something like that?..says something like that on the fender of government cars with colorful flickering lights all over them...?
      1 up

Go Gators

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

[QUOTE=horsepwr;941586]unreal, huh...yeah...They throw it out, now think they can tell those Americans that a damn soft-drink is off limits?! Like they're kids. [QUOTE]

many on food stamps are like kids. they dont do anything and without the guidance from others they would starve.

if i am payingfor them to get food stamps then hell ya. i say take away soda, chips, all junk food.

if they want to get a job and become productive members of society and buy their own then more power to them

i say ween folks off social assistance, too many make it their career. get them off the damn tit
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I AGREE...ONLY FOOD WITH FOOD STAMPS!! IF THEY WANT MORE - GET A DAMN JOB!!
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I agree, they should be able to tell people what they can spend food stamps on. It's the taxpayers dollar going to people that are only using more tax payers dollars when they get fat or sick with heart disease or other shit because they don't care about what they eat. It's sad that we as a society have a problem that nobody else does. Our poor people are FAT! Being fat used to be a status statement a long time ago. You were fat because you were well off, now you're just fat cuz your a lazy slob.
      I also like the MRE idea, except that 3 is too many. For those unfamiliar with them, those things are LOADED with calories because they're supposed to be used in the field where you're using a lot of energy. So maybe have them ration 2 per day, that's still over 4,000 cals. This is just irritating.

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I agree, they should be able to tell people what they can spend food stamps on. It's the taxpayers dollar going to people that are only using more tax payers dollars when they get fat or sick with heart disease or other shit because they don't care about what they eat. It's sad that we as a society have a problem that nobody else does. Our poor people are FAT! Being fat used to be a status statement a long time ago. You were fat because you were well off, now you're just fat cuz your a lazy slob.
      I also like the MRE idea, except that 3 is too many. For those unfamiliar with them, those things are LOADED with calories because they're supposed to be used in the field where you're using a lot of energy. So maybe have them ration 2 per day, that's still over 4,000 cals. This is just irritating.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

People cant buy cigarettes with food stamps and should not be allowed to buy cookies, donuts, cake mix, candy, doritos and mountain dew.

From the cradle to the grave, some peoples lives are 100% government subsidized.

Another thing I see is people who are on 100% Disability and they are perfectly healthy, but if they get caught working, they might lose their government paycheck for sitting on their ass. There are millions of people doing that. They even have a handicap license plate. Ridiculous

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Bring all that social assistance to a skreeching hault. All of it. And watch some people gain a sense of responsibility. They won't be throwing down on bullshit for the fridge. That's one of the reasons this house eats healthy. I ain't spening half the grocery money on junk. My wife used to make deserts. Like a cake or something once or twice a week. Which I have nothing against, and that grocery money comes by earned income. But, we ain't 20 somethins anymore, and my metabolism doesn't process that stuff like it used to. So, the responsible answer. Stop with the deserts. You won't find a sugary, carbonated drink in this house.

Nixon (R), began welfare with good intensions, of course. As few presidents do, but couldn't foresee the program was a sure fire means of a living for a great portion of society not a decade after. Damn has that program been up there with the worst for creating a buncha irresponsible titty-babies that you can't even trust at the grocery store.

Want to add some irresponsibility to a body of people? Just add government intervention to that sector. Welfare. case and point. Prohibition. case and point.
      Iresponsible, lazy, idle, minds. at work though. at what, though? no good. That's what. Up to no good.
      1 up

Go Gators

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

huh...me and my wife have both been on unemployment...she throws resumes out every fukin day and gets not a call back...i have tried to get into a coulple different lines of work without any luck. to get into the whole story would use to much computer space, but those that have been around me for awhile know that i've had a good career and its afforded me alot. now...that industry is in the toilet and i'm having a hartd time getting going. all our saving is gone from try to keep our house, ect. foclosure papers came in the mail this weekend and i'm going to jump into a job and do whatever shadyass shyt i have to do to save my house (if in michigan, dont go car shopping)...but...we are on foodstamps. just got on them after the wifes unemployment ran out. we get 500 a month....yea....that goes real far in the ""fresh food, fruit and vegtable" section of the store. do you poeple not shop? the healthy foods are the most expensive!! if your going to limit these people too "healty foods" only, then you'll be increasing the amounts you dole out for them to live....not everyone WANTS your fukin handouts guys....most peolpe around here hides when they use their cards (called bridge cards, they work like a foodstamp credit card)...bottom line, if i want to buy my kid a fukin pop, so the fuk what. now...the idea about the "generic" food products...well...thats how people on foodstamps stretcvh them out. not everyone goes in and buys the kraft cheese guys...most of us buy the store brand so we can stretch our whoping 500bucks out as far as we can...(you also cannot buy any "feminine products", toilet paper, napkins, ect.....only food items)
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...