• Join Us!
  • new LCD TV
  • new LCD TV
  • new LCD TV
  • new LCD TV
  • new LCD TV
  • new LCD TV
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: new LCD TV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default new LCD TV

Anyone have one of the later model LCD HD-TVs?
      We're in the market for a new one. We have a 55" from 2006. It's sweet. The picture is awesome. The sound system is decent. I'm just tired of replacing the lamp. I just put bulb number 4 in it 3wks ago. I already have a buyer. He actually already gave me a deposit so I wouldn't sell it to anyone else. I think I might deliver it for him today. So, I'm needing a replacement stat. Being gameday and all. LSU/Gator game. Can't miss that one. My wife wasn't too happy about getting rid of the tv. She has gotten used to that big 55, and it's spoiled her. I want to keep to at least a 46". I would settle for a 40-42", but my wife will not go below 46".
      We went to Target last night and looked at some. I like the Samsungs and Vizios. They have the most brilliant display out of everything else they had. I know that those 2 are tops anyway, now days. And it's evident once you compare in the store. I always vowed to stick with a real electronics store like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc... My reasoning for that is because they get the better line of the same brands offered at those cost-saver dept stores. The Samsung you get from Best Buy isn't the same as the Samsung you get from Wal-Mart, but I know a couple folks that have purchased from Target and are very happpy with their choice. So, I've found some decent sales. We're gonna have to get a sale to stay in the 46-48" category. They tack on $1000 once you go over 50", so we can't replace with another 55.

What I'm wondering is, for anyone that has a new model. How do you like the sound? There doesn't appear to be sufficient soom for decent speakers to put out decent sound.
      1 up

Go Gators

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: new LCD TV

we have the sony bravia 1080 and love it...we baught our back in 06 and its been awsome!! no probs. now, we go into best buy and i look and its about 1/2 the price i paid, lol...ours is 46'
      we looked at those 3d tv's...man those are AWSOME!!! i wish thing were different...i'd own on of those!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

yeah, I'm with ya. I'm not even on the LED, unless we find a good brand and the right sale.
      We just need a new LCD. They're only a few inches thick now.
      Plasmas are cheap. Cause of the whole plasma system that goes out and costs out the ars to replace.
      1 up

Go Gators

IronpumpedLady is offline Vixen
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 55
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I Have 4 Samsungs at my house, ONe I just purchased a month ago, which I bit the bullet and got a plasma, but its there new 63" Class 8000 Series 3D 1080p Plasma HDTV, and its SWEET, but I got a really good deal on it from a friend that sells and installs them, but it still cost to much in my opinion! Now the other ones two are LCD and the one I have in my bedroom is an LED, I can't tell that much of a difference, but I'm no expert! LOL I just know I have a 55" in there and the others, the LCD's are 46" and 52". As for the sound I think they are all better with the extra speakers, but I only have the surround sound theater system in my family room, not the others, it makes a world of difference!!

Stay Strong~~!!!
      IPL

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by IronpumpedLady View Post
      I Have 4 Samsungs at my house, ONe I just purchased a month ago, which I bit the bullet and got a plasma, but its there new 63" Class 8000 Series 3D 1080p Plasma HDTV, and its SWEET, but I got a really good deal on it from a friend that sells and installs them, but it still cost to much in my opinion! Now the other ones two are LCD and the one I have in my bedroom is an LED, I can't tell that much of a difference, but I'm no expert! LOL I just know I have a 55" in there and the others, the LCD's are 46" and 52". As for the sound I think they are all better with the extra speakers, but I only have the surround sound theater system in my family room, not the others, it makes a world of difference!!

Stay Strong~~!!!
      IPL
      you go that??? no frickin way!!! that tv is BAAAAAAADASSSS!!! thats the first major purchase i'll make when i get my shyt pack together...we checked that one out at best buy and we just stood there for 15mins staring at the tv.....its so sweet!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

CTRL
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by IronpumpedLady View Post

Stay Strong~~!!!
      IPL
      bro, that's a sick TV. we saw the 55" 8000 series and the 3D is amazing. we might pick it up but it's 2500. it's a great price but it's a lot of money, lol.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

yes. A suround satallite system makes a world of difference for sure. We just have an old Sony 800watt 5.1 surround system package that Circuit City sold us. It's great for a small room, like the bedroom, but it doesn't fill a family room well enough. So, if I end up needing a sound system to be content, I'll be putting my own system together, which is going to be pricier than the tv. Which would come later.
      We went tv shopping today. I'm shopped out. We went all over, and I took note of everything from each place that is within our budget. We'll see. We'll keep it on the back burner until my friend is ready for ours, or if a sale pops up somewhere that we can't miss out on, knowing we have to have a replacement anyway. I have a good feel for the brands and system requirements we need to stick to, so the time consuming part is over.
      1 up

Go Gators

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

SONY 46" HERE. MAN I NEVER USE THE TV SPEAKERS...MINE RUNS THROUGH THE STEREO. I HAVE A VELODYNE 10"SUB AND BOSE 7.1 DOUBLE CUBE SURROUND SPEAKERS AND IT SOUNDS AWESOME! IT WILL RUMBLE THE WHOLE HOUSE!
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I imagine so 02. Those Bose dbl-cube systems are amazing! They fill the room with crystal clear sound. Your post is about as close as I'll be to getting a Bose 7.1 system.lol
      1 up

Go Gators

skinnyman is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i have a 55 inch Samsung bought about two years ago. It was the top of the line back then and I paid quite a bit for it. Even got a discount through a friend at PC Richard. Absolutely love the pic and have mine hooked to my stereo as well. However, the speakers are really not that bad. Have some sort of surround sound effect and they are pretty good. Like i said, i paid alot for the TV at the time so maybe the speakers are decent.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

yeah. That 3D puts ya right in the middle of everything, for real. It looks for real. You gotta see it to believe. You can't convey how unbelievable it is by telling someone it's 3D. It ain't no 1985 "Jaws 3" 3D.lol..That new HD 3D is awesome!
      1 up

Go Gators

CTRL
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      Anyone have one of the later model LCD HD-TVs?
      We're in the market for a new one. We have a 55" from 2006. It's sweet. The picture is awesome. The sound system is decent. I'm just tired of replacing the lamp. I just put bulb number 4 in it 3wks ago. I already have a buyer. He actually already gave me a deposit so I wouldn't sell it to anyone else. I think I might deliver it for him today. So, I'm needing a replacement stat. Being gameday and all. LSU/Gator game. Can't miss that one. My wife wasn't too happy about getting rid of the tv. She has gotten used to that big 55, and it's spoiled her. I want to keep to at least a 46". I would settle for a 40-42", but my wife will not go below 46".
      We went to Target last night and looked at some. I like the Samsungs and Vizios. They have the most brilliant display out of everything else they had. I know that those 2 are tops anyway, now days. And it's evident once you compare in the store. I always vowed to stick with a real electronics store like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc... My reasoning for that is because they get the better line of the same brands offered at those cost-saver dept stores. The Samsung you get from Best Buy isn't the same as the Samsung you get from Wal-Mart, but I know a couple folks that have purchased from Target and are very happpy with their choice. So, I've found some decent sales. We're gonna have to get a sale to stay in the 46-48" category. They tack on $1000 once you go over 50", so we can't replace with another 55.

What I'm wondering is, for anyone that has a new model. How do you like the sound? There doesn't appear to be sufficient soom for decent speakers to put out decent sound.
      i just picked up a IG 50" plasma for 650.00 but it's only 720p. i don't mind and it looks amazing for that price. in fact, i went to buy another one for my bedroom sat but couldn't decide between that or a new computer that i really need, lol.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by CTRL View Post
      i just picked up a IG 50" plasma for 650.00 but it's only 720p. i don't mind and it looks amazing for that price. in fact, i went to buy another one for my bedroom sat but couldn't decide between that or a new computer that i really need, lol.
      We've seriously considered going with a plasma mainly for that reason. (cost, and also being able to stay in the 50"+.)
      So long as it keeps bright enough for 5 years, I'd be content at $650. That's great for a 50". And the TV sales people all told me that the gases hold their light for 6-7yrs. so I figure it'll be time for a new 1 in 4 or 5 yrs. That'd be okay. I would feel I got my money's worth.
      1 up

Go Gators

alluprbdy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I love my vizio, cheap as hell too. 47" 1080I flat screen wall mount. Paid $780