• Join Us!
  • kids & clothes
  • kids & clothes
  • kids & clothes
  • kids & clothes
  • kids & clothes
  • kids & clothes
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: kids & clothes

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default kids & clothes

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes

• kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      I have a daughter. She'll be 6 in Nov. Buying clothes was easy for the 1st few yrs. Now, and for the past year or so, (this is a "for instance". We don't buy just because she wants something.) but she'll just have to have something, jeans, jacket, shoes, whatever. We buy it. Then when it comes time to wear it, she doesn't like it anymore. Or she'll wear a pair of shoes once or twice, and be done with 'em. And she'll even have an excuse for why she doesn't like it anymore. What really pisses her mother off is that the excuse for not liking the shoes, or whatever, will usually be the reason that mommy didn't like 'em in the 1st place. When mommy sets some guidlines like, "not a pair with black". Then after a couple wears. "Why aren't you wearing your Sketchers?"(twinkle-toes) The answer, "because they're black."
      Some of that might be part of the nit-picking that she does at mommy in attempt to bother mommy. But ultimately, we have a real issue with her and her choices of clothes. Wheather it's in the store, or getting ready at the house. She, my daughter, is getting more and more picky too. I completely understand being picky about clothes. Everybody is that way. They want what they want. Males are that way. I still like what I like.
      idk. I realize that girls will be girls. She's gonna go through phases, but this, "gotta have it" today, and "don't like it" the next, with almost everything, is not cool.
      I know 1 way to end it. Take everything to Goodwill except for her good clothes that we know look good, and are hip to her age, leaving her without the choices.

I'm tired of it. What do you think? I'm open to suggestions.
      1 up

Go Gators

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: kids & clothes

She probably hears her mom saying why she didn't like them, and then uses that excuse. It seem like sometimes they "have" to have something and when they get it, the novelty quickly wears off. I am sure she has lots more things than others, as she is an only child. I know our daughter has a lot more than she would if she had siblings. It is all about picking your battles with them. She is probably just starting to know her own style. It seems that sometimes when we give our opinion, they want the opposite of it. I would say that next time she "has" to have a pair of shoes, or something, say no, and refer her back to the last time she had to have them, believe me I know that is hard to do. They have to learn to appreciate things. I understand the battling with mom, as I too go through this and it is usually over silly things that are really not worth the energy. If she has a lot of clothes now, and shoes, let that be it for awhile.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default Re: kids & clothes

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes

• kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      • kids & clothes
      That sounds like excellent advice baby1. And thank you for it! That's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to tighten down on the "have to haves", and begin more strict lessons on appreciation of material items.
      1 up

Go Gators