I have a daughter. She'll be 6 in Nov. Buying clothes was easy for the 1st few yrs. Now, and for the past year or so, (this is a "for instance". We don't buy just because she wants something.) but she'll just have to have something, jeans, jacket, shoes, whatever. We buy it. Then when it comes time to wear it, she doesn't like it anymore. Or she'll wear a pair of shoes once or twice, and be done with 'em. And she'll even have an excuse for why she doesn't like it anymore. What really pisses her mother off is that the excuse for not liking the shoes, or whatever, will usually be the reason that mommy didn't like 'em in the 1st place. When mommy sets some guidlines like, "not a pair with black". Then after a couple wears. "Why aren't you wearing your Sketchers?"(twinkle-toes) The answer, "because they're black."
Some of that might be part of the nit-picking that she does at mommy in attempt to bother mommy. But ultimately, we have a real issue with her and her choices of clothes. Wheather it's in the store, or getting ready at the house. She, my daughter, is getting more and more picky too. I completely understand being picky about clothes. Everybody is that way. They want what they want. Males are that way. I still like what I like.
idk. I realize that girls will be girls. She's gonna go through phases, but this, "gotta have it" today, and "don't like it" the next, with almost everything, is not cool.
I know 1 way to end it. Take everything to Goodwill except for her good clothes that we know look good, and are hip to her age, leaving her without the choices.

I'm tired of it. What do you think? I'm open to suggestions.