• Join Us!
  • Good news for Libertarians AND America.
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Good news for Libertarians AND America.

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Good news for Libertarians AND America.

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Ron Paul won't rule out 2012 presidential run
      By Jordan Fabian - 09/20/10 10:20 AM ET

Libertarian GOP Rep. Ron Paul over the weekend refused to rule out another presidential run in 2012, saying he would decide based on conditions next year.

Paul, who launched a long-shot campaign for president in 2008, reiterated that he has not made a decision whether or not to the enter the GOP field that is already crowded with potential contenders.

"I don't know. I get asked that question a lot and I think about it a lot. I haven't ruled it out but I'm far from ruling it in too," he told Fox Business Network. "I think it just depends on what's going on next year and I may do it, I may not."

Paul withdrew from the GOP presidential primary in June 2008 after failing to win any states, but he attracted support from some young conservative and libertarian activists and won second place in 10 states.

In February 2010, Paul won a straw poll of potential GOP presidential candidates at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

Paul and his son Rand — who won the GOP nomination for Kentucky's open Senate seat — both enjoy support from Tea Party groups for their focus on limiting the size of government.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Good news for Libertarians AND America.

Here is the article about the straw poll mentioned in the aforementioned article.

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) won a key straw poll Saturday of conservatives' preference of whom they would most like to see run for president in 2012.

Paul, a 2008 Republican presidential candidate who ran on a libertarian platform, won the straw poll Saturday at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) with 31 percent of the participants' vote.

One of the conference's keynote speakers on Friday, Paul won this year's poll after having tied for third place last year. The news was met with jeers in the audience.

Paul was followed by former ****achusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) at 22 percent, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) at seven percent, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R) at six percent, House Republican Conference Chairman Mike Pence (R-Ind.) at five percent, and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) at four percent.

The poll is seen as a preliminary bellwether of support among the Republican Party's conservative activists. As 2012 approaches, each year's poll becomes arguably more important, indicating where battle lines are being drawn within the GOP.

Romney won last year's CPAC poll, taking 20 percent of attendees' votes, followed by Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) at 14 percent, and Palin and Paul tied at 13 percent.

Romney had also won the previous two years' straw polls as well, though he still went on in 2008 to lose the GOP nomination to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

Paul has been reluctant to say whether or not he'll run for president again in 2012, though he has vowed to remain active in national politics through his grassroots group, Campaign for Liberty. His son, Rand Paul, is also a top GOP contender for the open Senate seat in Kentucky.

The victory for Paul is somewhat of an upset over candidates like Romney and Pawlenty, seen by Republican operatives as arguably two of the top party establishment candidates for president.

At least one top Republican, Rep. Darrell Issa (Calif.), the ranking member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, mused Friday that the Republican nominee for president in 2012 will very likely have been a speaker at this year's conference.

Indeed, presidential hopefuls' speeches and stumping at CPAC can sometimes mean boom or bust in the straw poll. Among the notable absences in this year's major speaking slots were Jindal, Palin, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R), Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels (R), and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R).

The conference had approximately 10,000 participants, according to organizers, though only 2,400 of attendees participated in the straw poll.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Stray I know how much you are for paul but I dont think he wil win the presidency and especialy when the republicans take over the house and mabey the senate.This country is now set on getting Blojama out of office getting the republicans to take back the house..Palin has got more power lately then she could have ever imagine. Tell me this what has changed since 2008 with paul and now if he wants to run,whats changed
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I already mentioned the straw poles he has one previously in another post. He won 2 and tied for first in a third one. But he will never have a chance so long as the conservative media bashes him. I hate to admit it but that's a fact. The conservative news media do not want a candidate with principles. They are the same as the Democrats with regard to crooked politics and growing the size of government, only with different intentions. Again, like I always say, those who deny this are just not well studied in political history. Paul has principles, and those don't go over well with the majority of politicians. Just look at Alaska for instance, a good candidate won the primary, a man with principles, and what is the incumbent senator Lisa Szarkowski doing, she is gonna place herself on the ballot as a write in. Does anyone know what that will do? That will most assuredly prevent Joe Miller from winning the election and give the victory to the Democrats. But why would she do that, why wouldn't she listen to the people who have already made their choice? Why wouldn't she support the Republican establishment and why would the establishment support her doing such (exception Jim Demint). Just think if Hillary Clinton would have done a write in for the Presidential election. In that case John McCain would have won because a lot of Clinton supporters would have voted for her over Obama. The same thing is likely to happen in Alaska. It's a damn shame too. Then you have Christine O'Donnell, whom I don't really like now that I have looked into her, but still, a similar scenario is taking place there. The Republican party is divided on her and many are bashing her strongly. The end result will be a win for the Democrats. Then of course there is Sharon Angle in NV, who has a tough race against Reid. It looks like she may not pull it off. Thus, two, and possibly three senate seats can be written off for the Republicans, which is a huge deal. If the party really wanted to take back control then why are they so unorganized and divided? This is not good for the Republican party and my fear is it will permit the Democrats to retain the majority in the senate. Hopefully if this happens they will at least gain control of the house. And Fuzo, if you're reading this, please understand I am supportive of the Republicans gaining the majorities in both, but I am looking at this from a strategic viewpoint and it just doesn't look good. They will win a lot of seats but they need every one they can get. The ones I mentioned would be almost guaranteed if they would get behind these candidates with full force, but it is not happening. Sharon Angle is hardly heard of in NV, except for those who closely follow politics, and that is the most important seat in the race. One would think there would be more support for Angle but it is not going to happen. I think it is because the whole system is corrupt and they are all friends behind the scenes. Thus, the Republicans don't want an old incumbent like Reid to lose his seat. But if that's not the case, well it sure looks like it.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

jsjs your listening to the media a little to much. Reid will lose to angle and this odonnel thing will blow over and she has to get on tv and explain herslef. Cmon what she did in high school for 2 days as a witch or something how long ago was that.would you rather have a witch or a marxist who is going to raise taxes and keep spending Then with her house and such this is the liberal media trying to denounce her thats all this is. Theres 42 days left and in that time with tv ads odonnel could win.Ive always said have faith and I never listen to the media. As for the republicans being divided over this thats just the media again trying to make it look worse thats it. They want to win the house and senate so all we are talking about is a few politician republicans who might not be on board but she has the backing of the tea party, Palin,Rush Limbaugh and others. And for that idiot Lisa Szarkowski she's not going to be a factor when she knows that the numbers wont be with her say in a month she will bow out before the election.Jsjs the republicans dont want reid in office anymore you just see what the media again shows us. But its angle who is neck and neck with reid and odonell is only 10 points behind. Things will start getting tighter come election time

And as far as the withc craft stuff again the media has made this out to be bigger then it is, I cant get over the fact that brit hume keeps bringing this up when she has explained her self about it but why doesnt he or the rest of the media show that she did explain it and my god it was in high school. I mean cmon look at Blojamas past and what he said he dabbled in so its just a double stabdard bull shit. Watch this tape with karl rove and it was good and he even said good for odonnek to cancle the shows. Like I said to someone else she just has to focus on delaware no body else. Let the media talk shit but her main concern is delaware. Have you or anyone ever thought that since this was joe bidens seat that they can be screwing around with the numbers to make it look like she is losing because the VP used to have this seat that is possible. And I know your for beating the dems but please give her a chance to prove her self. I never can understand why someone doesnt like her or palin why because palin kills animals and odonnel dabbled in wich craft as a teen ager. The country is more importamt then wich craft they want lower taxes more jobs and doesnt want democrats ideas

And lets remember that there was more turn out with republicans then democrats during this primary thats huge

https://video.foxnews.com/v/4342308/karl-rove-on-fns
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      jsjs your listening to the media a little to much. Reid will lose to angle and this odonnel thing will blow over and she has to get on tv and explain herslef. Cmon what she did in high school for 2 days as a witch or something how long ago was that.would you rather have a witch or a marxist who is going to raise taxes and keep spending Then with her house and such this is the liberal media trying to denounce her thats all this is. Theres 42 days left and in that time with tv ads odonnel could win.Ive always said have faith and I never listen to the media. As for the republicans being divided over this thats just the media again trying to make it look worse thats it. They want to win the house and senate so all we are talking about is a few politician republicans who might not be on board but she has the backing of the tea party, Palin,Rush Limbaugh and others. And for that idiot Lisa Szarkowski she's not going to be a factor when she knows that the numbers wont be with her say in a month she will bow out before the election.Jsjs the republicans dont want reid in office anymore you just see what the media again shows us. But its angle who is neck and neck with reid and odonell is only 10 points behind. Things will start getting tighter come election time

And as far as the withc craft stuff again the media has made this out to be bigger then it is, I cant get over the fact that brit hume keeps bringing this up when she has explained her self about it but why doesnt he or the rest of the media show that she did explain it and my god it was in high school. I mean cmon look at Blojamas past and what he said he dabbled in so its just a double stabdard bull shit. Watch this tape with karl rove and it was good and he even said good for odonnek to cancle the shows. Like I said to someone else she just has to focus on delaware no body else. Let the media talk shit but her main concern is delaware. Have you or anyone ever thought that since this was joe bidens seat that they can be screwing around with the numbers to make it look like she is losing because the VP used to have this seat that is possible. And I know your for beating the dems but please give her a chance to prove her self. I never can understand why someone doesnt like her or palin why because palin kills animals and odonnel dabbled in wich craft as a teen ager. The country is more importamt then wich craft they want lower taxes more jobs and doesnt want democrats ideas

https://video.foxnews.com/v/4342308/karl-rove-on-fns

Fuzo, surely you don't think I take my news from the media do you? I spend about 3 or 4 hours a day reading Austrian Economics and some other unbiased websites with a variety of notable writers, many of them economists and opinion writers. I hardly listen to anyone on TV but I do like talk radio. I form all of my opinions off of the facts that I can find, and I assure you I do as much or more research than anyone out there including journalists. More importantly I read a lot. I drive 1,000 miles a week traveling to and from CA to Las Vegas, and I listen to audio books during my drive. Then at night I read two other books, so I'm always reading 3 books at a time. The books I read all have to do with either history, business, or economics. You'd be amazed at how much your views can change once you learn more about the major political periods in history, the policies of all the different presidents, and the corruption that has always gone on.

As for O'Donnell, I don't have a definite view of her yet but I don't like some of the decisions in her past. However, I did not say I don't choose her over the other one because I do. That was my point, why can't the Republican Party get behind her. As for Szarkowski, if she does put her name on the ballot you can bet many of her supporters will vote for her, thus giving the Democrats a better chance. And Sharon Angle, I assure you I am more tuned in than anyone else on the board. I live in Las Vegas, NV and I'm highly engaged in local politics. There is just not enough support and advertisements for her. Harry Reid has adds all day long on TV bashing her, making her look radical. Also, you should realize that when Sue Lowden was the likely candidate Reid was trailing by 10 or so points, and ever since Angle got the ticket he has been neck to neck with her and gaining ground continuously. I am an Angle supporter, she is basically a Libertarian and represents most of my views. And I hope she wins but it is not looking good, and in a race this tight I expect fraud to make certain he keeps his seat.

But cmon Fuzo, you should know I don't listen to the talking heads, heck, I don't even like any of them. My views are strongly based on Libertarianism and more importantly, individualism. It is not possible for me to base my views off of the media when you consider that I don't like the media nor agree with them on much if anything. I don't walk the Republican or Democrat Party lines like so many. I am an individualist, a thinker, and proud of it. Those who walk the Party Line are the ones who listen to the media because that is the only place that will inform them how to walk. I don't need somebody telling me how to think or vote, I will make my decision myself based off of my own principles and beliefs. Unfortunately, not too many politicians have any principles which makes it hard to support any of them. They are mostly scum, liars, and hypocrites.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Stray I know how much you are for paul but I dont think he wil win the presidency and especialy when the republicans take over the house and mabey the senate.This country is now set on getting Blojama out of office getting the republicans to take back the house..Palin has got more power lately then she could have ever imagine. Tell me this what has changed since 2008 with paul and now if he wants to run,whats changed
      You don't think Paul would have a chance especially when the Republicans take over? Do you forget that he is a Republican? You may as well say that he doesn't have a chance when the neo-cons take over. Paul is one of the only true Republicans in office. Palin is a joke. I'm sure she wears velcro shoes because she's too stupid to know how to tie her own shoes.
      What has changed since 08' with Paul. I'll give you a run down.
      - Ron is constantly being interviewed, which he probably wouldn't be without his "quixotic" presidential run AND the most enthusiastic, money-donating, sign-waving, music-video-producing, blimp-flying supporters in the history of American politics
      - This "Tea Party" probably wouldn't exist. Lest we forget who's supporters started the modern day Tea Party before it was hijacked.
      - Judge Napolitano probably wouldn't have his show
      - The Young Americans For Liberty probably wouldn't exist
      - John Dennis probably wouldn't be scaring the panties off Pelosi
      - Debra Medina wouldn't have run for governor of Texas, waking up thousands
      - Jake Towne, Adam Kokesh and others probably wouldn't have run for office.
      - Thousands of military personnel now realize the truth about the Empire
      - "End The Fed" is creeping into the American psyche
      - The Campaign for Liberty wouldn't exist
      - I'll go as far as saying Stossel wouldn't have his show either.
      - ... and so on, and so on

We lit a spark not seen in this country for decades. It wasn't for nothing.
      A lot has changed and will continue to do so.
      Let me ask you this Fuzo. Am I supposed to turn my back on a man that I fully support just because he may not win the majority? Where are my principles if I do that? What kind of a man does that make me? I will always choose good over the lesser of two evils. I had one of the greatest jobs I could ask for and made many friends and saw the world. I could have continued to do so, if I were not a man of principle. I got out of the military ONLY because of the war and the government. I could have been like so many others that said it's an easy guaranteed paycheck and stayed in, but I've decided to struggle and go without a job for nearly a year because I stand by what I believe in. Ron Paul will have a better chance than he ever had and I will continue to fight for liberty along side the multitude of many others that truly believe in liberty and freedom. Adrian told Rocky that he couldn't win against Clubber Lang but he fought the fight and he won. You don't give up the fight just because you don't think you can win, because if you do you will never even have the chance to win. It's frustrating at times but I can rest easily knowing that I stand for what's right regardless of the outcome.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

- Ron is constantly being interviewed, which he probably wouldn't be without his "quixotic" presidential run AND the most enthusiastic, money-donating, sign-waving, music-video-producing, blimp-flying supporters in the history of American politics
      - This "Tea Party" probably wouldn't exist. Lest we forget who's supporters started the modern day Tea Party before it was hijacked.
      - Judge Napolitano probably wouldn't have his show
      - The Young Americans For Liberty probably wouldn't exist
      - John Dennis probably wouldn't be scaring the panties off Pelosi
      - Debra Medina wouldn't have run for governor of Texas, waking up thousands
      - Jake Towne, Adam Kokesh and others probably wouldn't have run for office.
      - Thousands of military personnel now realize the truth about the Empire
      - "End The Fed" is creeping into the American psyche
      - The Campaign for Liberty wouldn't exist
      - I'll go as far as saying Stossel wouldn't have his show either.
      - ... and so on, and so on
      This is all good and dandy but where is he in the media

And god no I dont want you to turn your back on him but my point is that he doesnt get alot of media attention or tv time and I watch fox ofcourse which is the biggest show out there to get attention and the most people watch but I do go back and forth with cnn just to see whast up at times and I hear nothing from paul there either so thats what I base my "why wont he win thing" Plus a few views But ive always said if he would change some stuff then I would reconsider

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

This is all good and dandy but where is he in the media

And god no I dont want you to turn your back on him but my point is that he doesnt get alot of media attention or tv time and I watch fox ofcourse which is the biggest show out there to get attention and the most people watch but I do go back and forth with cnn just to see whast up at times and I hear nothing from paul there either so thats what I base my "why wont he win thing" Plus a few views But ive always said if he would change some stuff then I would reconsider
      You're right and that was the biggest problem during his campaign. The media blacked him out. He is on the news A LOT more now than he was though and I think that's because the establishment doesn't see him as much of a threat anymore, at least for now. If you watch Fox Business channel though he's on there quite a bit, especially with the judge. But you're exactly right about the media, he needs to get the attention he deserves. We can look back throughout recent history and look at two people that have predicted this whole mess and that got it right all the long but were dismissed as crazy or ridiculed and laughed at. Those two are Ron Paul and Peter Schiff. But they are both shunned by the media. I'm not sure if there's a reason for it or if it's just coincidence.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      Fuzo, surely you don't think I take my news from the media do you? I spend about 3 or 4 hours a day reading Austrian Economics and some other unbiased websites with a variety of notable writers, many of them economists and opinion writers. I hardly listen to anyone on TV but I do like talk radio. I form all of my opinions off of the facts that I can find, and I assure you I do as much or more research than anyone out there including journalists. More importantly I read a lot. I drive 1,000 miles a week traveling to and from CA to Las Vegas, and I listen to audio books during my drive. Then at night I read two other books, so I'm always reading 3 books at a time. The books I read all have to do with either history, business, or economics. You'd be amazed at how much your views can change once you learn more about the major political periods in history, the policies of all the different presidents, and the corruption that has always gone on.

As for O'Donnell, I don't have a definite view of her yet but I don't like some of the decisions in her past. However, I did not say I don't choose her over the other one because I do. That was my point, why can't the Republican Party get behind her. As for Szarkowski, if she does put her name on the ballot you can bet many of her supporters will vote for her, thus giving the Democrats a better chance. And Sharon Angle, I assure you I am more tuned in than anyone else on the board. I live in Las Vegas, NV and I'm highly engaged in local politics. There is just not enough support and advertisements for her. Harry Reid has adds all day long on TV bashing her, making her look radical. Also, you should realize that when Sue Lowden was the likely candidate Reid was trailing by 10 or so points, and ever since Angle got the ticket he has been neck to neck with her and gaining ground continuously. I am an Angle supporter, she is basically a Libertarian and represents most of my views. And I hope she wins but it is not looking good, and in a race this tight I expect fraud to make certain he keeps his seat.

But cmon Fuzo, you should know I don't listen to the talking heads, heck, I don't even like any of them. My views are strongly based on Libertarianism and more importantly, individualism. It is not possible for me to base my views off of the media when you consider that I don't like the media nor agree with them on much if anything. I don't walk the Republican or Democrat Party lines like so many. I am an individualist, a thinker, and proud of it. Those who walk the Party Line are the ones who listen to the media because that is the only place that will inform them how to walk. I don't need somebody telling me how to think or vote, I will make my decision myself based off of my own principles and beliefs. Unfortunately, not too many politicians have any principles which makes it hard to support any of them. They are mostly scum, liars, and hypocrites.

I know jsjs and I lknow how much you now about this stuff

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I know jsjs and I lknow how much you now about this stuff
      Thanks Fuzo. I figured you knew that but just wanted to clarify. If you met me in person and had the time to get to know me better you would clearly understand that I am a man of principles. Just like straydog was saying, I too fight for what I believe is right, and I believe that is how you are too. You strike me as a person who maintains unwavering support for what you believe in, which is one of the few things I respect in an individual.

As for the politicians, I see right through them as if they were glass windows. They don't fool me anymore like they used to. Of all the politicians Ron Paul is the only one whom I have ever seen who stands strong on his principles, just like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington did. There is no alternative for Paul, and unfortunately that doesn't play well in the world of politics. If you don't play their game then you are not welcomed in their kingdom. But I have never seen a grassroots movement with as much momentum and passion as the Paul movement. Even Hillary Clinton on the house floor commended him for his huge base of followers. She said it as if she should be grateful to have the opportunity to speak to him; I was truly impressed with her statement and I think he was too. But you are correct that Paul lacks the support of the Media and Fox News. This is why he will have a very difficult time winning the Presidential election. However, I will at least rest knowing I supported the one man who I know represents my views. It is sad really, because he is as close to the better half of the founding fathers as anyone in our history. I would even go as far as to put him on par with Jefferson, my favorite President.