• Join Us!
  • WHATS YOUR OPINION ON THIS?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WHATS YOUR OPINION ON THIS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default WHATS YOUR OPINION ON THIS?

WE HAVE SOMEONE GOING TO TRIAL HERE IN THE US BECAUSE HE ACCIDENTALLY SHOT A CIVILIAN IN AFGHANISTAN....

BUT WE PUT UP WITH AND TOLERATE THESE MUSLIM PIECES OF SHIT THAT CONTINUALLY BLOW UP THEMSELVES AND INNOCENT PEOPLE.

WHY NOT SHOOT ON SITE? YOU IN A WAR SITUATION?!

I THINK THIS WHOLE THING IS A BIG SMOKIN PILE OF SHIT! EITHER PUT A HUGE AMERICAN FLAG OVER THERE AND TAKE IT OVER AND MAKE IT AMERICAN SOIL OR GET THE HELL OUT. WHY BUILD IT BACK OVER THERE FOR FOLKS THAT HATE US?
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: WHATS YOUR OPINION ON THIS?

Well, we all have standard operating procedures and rules of engagement. If he followed the ROE then there's no issue. If it was an accident then it's for the law to decide. One thing that was always tough over there is that we didn't all have the same ROE. We would be able to fire on anybody we wanted if we felt at all threatened, but the army would have to wait to be fired upon and call in for permission to return fire.
      And just to add, they don't all hate us. Do you really think we should take it over and call it ours? You do realize that it's that kind of thinking that gets us into these problems right?

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

I know there are many who argue that the decline and fall of the Soviet Union was directly related to their occupation of Afghanistan...do we think it will somehow be different for us?

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
      I know there are many who argue that the decline and fall of the Soviet Union was directly related to their occupation of Afghanistan...do we think it will somehow be different for us?
      regan cut a deal with saudi arabia too cut oil from 20 too 10 a barrel while charlie wilson smuggled heat seeking missiles which destroyed ruskies arial cavalry, and kaput they went bankrupt

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

No, it will be the same thing if we keep pumping money into these senseless wars and have all of these entitlement programs and government entities. We're already broke. Understanding economics goes a long way in predicting our future. China just dropped our currency and went bullish on the Euro. We're in big trouble and things aren't going to get better any time soon.

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by straydoglogic View Post
      No, it will be the same thing if we keep pumping money into these senseless wars and have all of these entitlement programs and government entities. We're already broke. Understanding economics goes a long way in predicting our future. China just dropped our currency and went bullish on the Euro. We're in big trouble and things aren't going to get better any time soon.
      That's the best advice you can give. People need to learn and understand economics. I prefer the Austrian School, but to each their own. Learn up on mainstream economics, especially macro, to better understand Maynard Keynes. Keynesian economics is what our leaders are using, and it is precisely the poison to our country. Mixing Keynesian economics with a supposedly free market economy does not mix well. We are broke, it is no joke, and we will pay severely if nothing is done to change our course.

I suggest going to mises.org and reading up on Hayek, Mises, Rothbard, Hazelitt, Frederic Bastiat, and many others. The Road to Serfdom is a must read for those interested in the direction of our country.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      That's the best advice you can give. People need to learn and understand economics. I prefer the Austrian School, but to each their own. Learn up on mainstream economics, especially macro, to better understand Maynard Keynes. Keynesian economics is what our leaders are using, and it is precisely the poison to our country. Mixing Keynesian economics with a supposedly free market economy does not mix well. We are broke, it is no joke, and we will pay severely if nothing is done to change our course.

I suggest going to mises.org and reading up on Hayek, Mises, Rothbard, Hazelitt, Frederic Bastiat, and many others. The Road to Serfdom is a must read for those interested in the direction of our country.
      Another good post. I would have to say though, The Road to Serfdom is definitely a great book, but a little dry and not a good starter. Maybe Economics in One Lesson. I believe that was written by Hazelitt. And Libertarianism in One Lesson by David Bergland is a great starter on Libertarianism. You forgot a very important name in Libertarianism and free market philosophy, Milton Friedman. Unfortunately people refuse to abandon Keynesian economics even though it's proven to be a huge failure.

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by straydoglogic View Post
      Another good post. I would have to say though, The Road to Serfdom is definitely a great book, but a little dry and not a good starter. Maybe Economics in One Lesson. I believe that was written by Hazelitt. And Libertarianism in One Lesson by David Bergland is a great starter on Libertarianism. You forgot a very important name in Libertarianism and free market philosophy, Milton Friedman. Unfortunately people refuse to abandon Keynesian economics even though it's proven to be a huge failure.
      The Road to Serfdom can be dry and is not at all a beginners level book. I apologize for my quick post earlier, leaving out important info like you pointed out. I was working and had little time to respond.

I have Economics in One Lesson sitting on my coffee table. That is the best book for anyone to start with, and it was my first Austrian economics text book, and the first economics book I read after college. Of course I had micro and macro in school, but both lacked the free market principles and macro is almost pure Keynesian these days. Thank you for mentioning that, I don't know why I didn't. It is easily the best basic economics book ever written, and it is by Henry Hazelitt. By the way, this book is great for any level. My brother is an econ professor but read it to get an understanding of Austrian Economics which he and I both favor immensely.

Frederic Bastiat is a must read, and is most famous for The Broken Window (fallacy), which is addressed in most economics books including Economics in One Lesson.

Eventually step it up a few notches and try for Human Action by Ludwig von Mises, and The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith.

By the way, I did not mention Friedman because I do not believe he is as true to the Free Market as the others I mentioned, but is of course worth mentioning on the list. He is a great free market economist and one worth reading. I just don't like his view on the New Deal, but other than that he is one of the best. Still, Hayek and Mises are top in my book but all are worth reading up on to have a well rounded understanding of free markets and and also the flaws of Keynesian economics.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

I don't know the full history, but I think many nations have tried to occupy Afghanistan and subsequently collapsed...Now we have ourselves in a no win situation..we stay and go bankrupt or leave and allow the Taliban to take control and systematically murder , torture and mutilate thousands of innocent people.