• Join Us!
  • Winny tabs as effective as injections?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winny tabs as effective as injections?

dirtyluke1
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Winny tabs as effective as injections?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

would taking 50mg winny tab per day be as effective as injecting 50mgs everyday?

Iceburg is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Winny tabs as effective as injections?

Originally posted by dirtyluke1
      would taking 50mg winny tab per day be as effective as injecting 50mgs everyday?
      Nah ... liquid is better, but more painful, lol. I think if you have some good tabs - it's pretty close.
      www.ANABOLICAL.com The ALA Store

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Depends on brands alot too.
      1 up

Go Gators

Easto
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

If you drink grapefruit juice with your tabs, it will increase absorption.

hummerluv is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 181
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

grapejuice???????????????????????????????????????? how about the brand ZAMBON from spain???????

Juice Authority is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 297
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

This is one of my all-time favorite responses to this question. The author of this is TxLonghorn:

"If you are wanting to protect your liver from the winny you can't. Your liver will take the same hit whether injected or taken orally. The only advantage injectable winny has over oral is that the winny gets a free ride the first time around (from the liver). After that, it will be just the same as oral winny. Differences in your cycle's effectiveness will be negligible, although most seem to notice a difference in effectivness between the two routes".
      The juice is loose!!!

Massive1 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 303
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by Easto
      If you drink grapefruit juice with your tabs, it will increase absorption.
      tried the grapefruit juice thing with dbol and didn't notice much difference.

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The difference is minimal at best. In the scheme of things, 50mgs of oral versus 50mg of injectable, wont mean 5lbs of gains. Maybe 1/4 lb. You will save one pass through the liver, but it will still pass once. No way aroudn it.
      I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by ironfist
      Mg for mg, you won't absorb as much orally as you would if you injected it...

Orally proces in the liver, by the time it hit's your system, you've lost some of it. I've heard the same, injection is the way to go.

Juice Authority is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 297
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The difference in gains between taking it orally and injecting it is neglible. So, if there is no sizable difference between taking it orally and injecting it ed, which would you prefer??? Personally, I'd prefer to pop a couple of pills (preferably Perutech winny) versus sticking myself ed but that's entirely up to you. Some people actually like darting themselves ed. I never understood that.
      The juice is loose!!!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Word JA.
      Only reason i tried injectable winny is for spot injections, but that crap was so painful it compromised a few workouts.

hummerluv is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 181
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i go oral

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

i heard you lose about 5-10 mgs of the dose taking it orallybecause of it having to go through the digestive tract. just do the injections and rotate sites. its not that big a deal. plus you can go with a lot smaller gauge needle with winnie.

o2
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

iamcdn is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 41
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I don't claim the validity of either study, just stuff I've read. I do know however where the study posted on this thread orginiated from - the WAR 96 book. Very old and outdated. Read this one ..

Got this off of Brock Strasser's column on T - Mag

Q: There's this huge debate raging over whether or not you can "drink" your Winny-V. I know that because stanozolol is 17-AA'ed, I can use it orally. However, how much more or less effective is oral stanozolol over injected stanozolol? I hear that you need about twice as much stanozolol orally as you would injected to see similar results. How was this figure of doubling the dose orally determined?

A: There isn't a lot of great pharmacokinetic data in humans comparing oral to parenteral (injectable) stanozolol. So that idea of "if you use X amount by injection you need twice as much orally" is anecdotal and speculative at best. The best I could find is a study comparing the two methods of administration in dogs. My comments come after the abstract:

The effect of stanozolol on 15-nitrogen retention in the dog

Can J Vet Res 2000 Oct;64(4):246-8 (ISSN: 0830-9000)

Olson ME; Morck DW; Quinn KB [Find other articles with these Authors] Animal Health Unit and Gastrointestinal Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta.

The objective of the study was to determine the influence of either oral or intramuscular administration of stanozolol on nitrogen retention in dogs by using a non-invasive 15N-amino acid tracer technique. Ten healthy, intact, adult male sled dogs received either stanozolol tablets, 2 mg/dog PO, q12h, for 25 days (Group 1, n = 5) or an intramuscular injection of 25 mg of stanozolol on Days 7, 14, 21, and 28 (Group 2, n = 5). A 15N amino acid (5.27 mmol) was infused intravenously into each dog on Day 0 (before stanozolol treatment) and on Day 31 (after stanozolol treatment). Urine was collected by catheterization from each animal 3 times daily for 3 consecutive days. The 15N-urea enrichment in urine was determined by high-resolution mass spectrometry and the total amount of urea in the urine was determined.

Both oral and injectable stanozolol resulted in significant (P < 0.05) increases in amino acid nitrogen retention compared to pretreatment values. Oral stanozolol increased nitrogen retention from 29.2 +/- 8.2% to 50.3 +/- 9.2%, while stanozolol injection increased nitrogen retention from 26.6 +/- 9.9% to 67.0 +/- 7.5%. The response to intramuscular administration was significantly greater than the response to the oral dosing regime. Stanozolol increases amino acid nitrogen retention in dogs, as has been previously observed in rats. This action of stanozolol may be beneficial in dogs under stress of surgical trauma and chronic disease.

Okay, so the oral dose was 28mg/week and the injected dose was 25mg/week. And the injected dose was far better at increasing nitrogen retention (67.0% versus 50.3%). This makes it about 33.2% better (roughly speaking), so if I extrapolate, it means to see the same effects as 25mg of injected stanozolol per week, you'd need to take about 38mg of it orally.

This isn't quite "twice the injected dose" and is, in fact, closer to 50% (52% or so actually). So if you assume the dog model is correct, or nearly so in other mammals like humans, you'd need about 50% more stanozolol orally than you would if you injected it. So if you used 50mg of injected Winstrol every other day, it would be a safe bet to assume 37.5mg of stanozolol used orally every day would provide a similar effect

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I find this study compares apples to oranges. The oral administration of stanozolol was performed twice daily, where the injected stanozolol was done only once per week. The urine samples collected from these dogs was performed for three days following the treatment -- and right after the last injection. The dogs receiving the injectible version of stanozolol would have more free drug in their bloodstream at this time, increasing nitrogen retention.

This would be a much better study if the drug was administered daily regardless if it's oral or injected (at least this is how WE dose it). This would provide a more non-biased result
      Originally posted by iamcdn
      I don't claim the validity of either study, just stuff I've read. I do know however where the study posted on this thread orginiated from - the WAR 96 book. Very old and outdated. Read this one ..

Got this off of Brock Strasser's column on T - Mag

Q: There's this huge debate raging over whether or not you can "drink" your Winny-V. I know that because stanozolol is 17-AA'ed, I can use it orally. However, how much more or less effective is oral stanozolol over injected stanozolol? I hear that you need about twice as much stanozolol orally as you would injected to see similar results. How was this figure of doubling the dose orally determined?

A: There isn't a lot of great pharmacokinetic data in humans comparing oral to parenteral (injectable) stanozolol. So that idea of "if you use X amount by injection you need twice as much orally" is anecdotal and speculative at best. The best I could find is a study comparing the two methods of administration in dogs. My comments come after the abstract:

The effect of stanozolol on 15-nitrogen retention in the dog

Can J Vet Res 2000 Oct;64(4):246-8 (ISSN: 0830-9000)

Olson ME; Morck DW; Quinn KB [Find other articles with these Authors] Animal Health Unit and Gastrointestinal Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta.

The objective of the study was to determine the influence of either oral or intramuscular administration of stanozolol on nitrogen retention in dogs by using a non-invasive 15N-amino acid tracer technique. Ten healthy, intact, adult male sled dogs received either stanozolol tablets, 2 mg/dog PO, q12h, for 25 days (Group 1, n = 5) or an intramuscular injection of 25 mg of stanozolol on Days 7, 14, 21, and 28 (Group 2, n = 5). A 15N amino acid (5.27 mmol) was infused intravenously into each dog on Day 0 (before stanozolol treatment) and on Day 31 (after stanozolol treatment). Urine was collected by catheterization from each animal 3 times daily for 3 consecutive days. The 15N-urea enrichment in urine was determined by high-resolution mass spectrometry and the total amount of urea in the urine was determined.

Both oral and injectable stanozolol resulted in significant (P < 0.05) increases in amino acid nitrogen retention compared to pretreatment values. Oral stanozolol increased nitrogen retention from 29.2 +/- 8.2% to 50.3 +/- 9.2%, while stanozolol injection increased nitrogen retention from 26.6 +/- 9.9% to 67.0 +/- 7.5%. The response to intramuscular administration was significantly greater than the response to the oral dosing regime. Stanozolol increases amino acid nitrogen retention in dogs, as has been previously observed in rats. This action of stanozolol may be beneficial in dogs under stress of surgical trauma and chronic disease.

Okay, so the oral dose was 28mg/week and the injected dose was 25mg/week. And the injected dose was far better at increasing nitrogen retention (67.0% versus 50.3%). This makes it about 33.2% better (roughly speaking), so if I extrapolate, it means to see the same effects as 25mg of injected stanozolol per week, you'd need to take about 38mg of it orally.

This isn't quite "twice the injected dose" and is, in fact, closer to 50% (52% or so actually). So if you assume the dog model is correct, or nearly so in other mammals like humans, you'd need about 50% more stanozolol orally than you would if you injected it. So if you used 50mg of injected Winstrol every other day, it would be a safe bet to assume 37.5mg of stanozolol used orally every day would provide a similar effect