• Join Us!
  • WHICH ARE YOU? DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WHICH ARE YOU? DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN?

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default WHICH ARE YOU? DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

The last four letters in American....I Can. The last four letters in Republican....I Can.

The last four letters in Democrats....Rats. Remember, November is to be set aside as rodent extermination month.

..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: WHICH ARE YOU? DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN?

A was a diehard Reagan Republican...I am now not affiliated with any party and have voted 3rd party many times. In 2012, I will prob have no choice but to vote republican simply to get obama out of office

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I think the question would be better posed as "Are you collectivists or individualists?" And for that question there is no answer above that falls into the category I choose. I am an individualist. I believe in the constitution and support it to the greatest extent. The collectivists only know and care about one thing, which is to grow government.

Okay, I had to say all of that but don't mean to undermine your intentions here. I am a registered Libertarian because it is the only party that supports freedom and independence. However, in this current state of affairs I will choose the lesser of two evils and always vote Republican or third party if a good candidate exists.

Too bad more people don't understand the difference between collectivism and individualism. If they did, most would be individualists I hope. However, Republican in its truest meaning is exactly what I support; a Republican form of government. Unfortunately there is only a handful of Republicans in the Republican party.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm not poor enough to be a democrat, and not rich enough to be a republican!
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by rc10j1 View Post
      I'm not poor enough to be a democrat, and not rich enough to be a republican!
      Nor am I rich but I sure hope that our country will always support our right to become rich if we do desire and put forth the effort. There's nothing wrong with being rich or poor if one so chooses to be in that class. However, when people demand that those who prosper greater should have their income distributed to those who have not earned it, I have to disagree vehemently. We may not all be equal but we do have equal opportunity. I have the right to invent, build, or work my way to wealth the same as any other man or woman in the U.S. But our culture is growing more into one that labels the rich as greedy and the poor as more worthy of others' money. Something for nothing is the new American way it appears. Hard work is not even taught in schools these days. They don't teach you to become entrepreneurs or inventors, but instead to learn a trade and fall in line.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

If the democrats stay in control a few more years I am seriously considering leaving the country. I will not have everything I have worked for be taken away and given to a bunch of lazy f*cks.
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by rc10j1 View Post
      If the democrats stay in control a few more years I am seriously considering leaving the country. I will not have everything I have worked for be taken away and given to a bunch of lazy f*cks.
      It already is. We are a welfare state and have been for many decades. But I know what you mean. It is getting worse, and the massive deficit our country holds will eventually bankrupt us. Too many people are naive and don't believe that is possible with the U.S. but it isn't only possible, it is inevitable if we continue the current path.

The only country I can think of that has equal or more freedom than the U.S. is the Czech Republic (emphasis needed on the word Republic). Their President is a fine man, Vaclav Klaus, an economist by trade. He lived under communism in the soviet union for much of his life and understands the dangers of such a form of government. He has been warning our Congress and many other governments that the environmental movement is the new face for communism. Strong words from a good source. Kind of scary huh. Vaclav is a registered independent but has Libertarian tendencies considering he believes in free markets as defined by the great Austrian school of economics economist Friedrich Hayek (author of The Road to Serfdom, which is credited as the book that converted Ronald Reagan from a Democrat to a Republican). He is also a member of the Mont Pelerin Society and has published articles in the libertarian free-market Cato Journal. Too bad he isn't our president.

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Libertarian. It's the only way to be! ;-)

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I am right. I am a republican. I am an individualist. I am for freedom. I am a constitutionalist. I am against "big-government". I am against any government other than the original Republican government that graced this great land. A government that only protects the individual's rights and liberties. Nothing more. Nothing less. A Republican government for a Republic. I support The Republic. I am a Republican. I am correct...or...in-line with what once was America and it's founders.
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      I am right. I am a republican. I am an individualist. I am for freedom. I am a constitutionalist. I am against "big-government". I am against any government other than the original Republican government that graced this great land. A government that only protects the individual's rights and liberties. Nothing more. Nothing less. A Republican government for a Republic. I support The Republic. I am a Republican. I am correct...or...in-line with what once was America and it's founders.
      You are indeed "right" as far as the founding principles of our country and the Constitution. However, the Republican party has fallen apart with a few exceptions. The best Republican is a Libertarian..lol, however he considers himself a Republican in the truest since of the word, just as you summed it up here. I am well aware of the problems with the party but to keep things clear and make it understood that we need to go in a different direction I remain a Libertarian. Of course, I am nothing like the radical Libertarians which give the party a bad name. I am just as you have said above. Keep the government out of my life to the greatest extent possible. Therefore, I respect and agree with you on pretty much every issue.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

right on JsJs.
      Hopefully the government will go through a purging process soon.
      Just think. If the government had been purged of these collectivist, with their bullshit assbackwards beliefs and standards. The whole country would have went through a great purging process of the private sector.
      With both the government and private sectors purged of all the irrational, unreasonable, illogical, immoral, and un-American bs government puppets putting on a capitalists show for cover...we would already be back to a renewed state of Republic purity. Wouldn't it be a great thing to never hear the word "democracy" uttered again? These clowns, left, right, center, lib, libertarian, etc...it doesn't matter what they call themselves or what collective group/party they identify with. Apparently, only about 5 people in the whole country realize the whole democracy state we've became is most of the problem. Because everyone sure loves the thought of a democracy, but hates the state we're in. To those that believe that our big democracy is the right way. Read up on the times when America was the great Republic she was created and meant to be. The people made the country great, and kept her that way. Then, democracy is ushered in. The government takes over and grows by tremendous preportions.
      Republic-government ran by the people, and concerned for her people because ultimately, the people are large and in charge. feared. Democracy-government runs the people. Makes decisions for the people. The people fear the government. And if you wonder why someone would fear our democracy. Just watch the news.

Next chapter: Dictatorship/Tyranny/Totalitarianism...This follows a democracy. We've embraced a democracy for well over a century. Has the next chapter already been achieved?
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      right on JsJs.

Next chapter: Dictatorship/Tyranny/Totalitarianism...This follows a democracy. We've embraced a democracy for well over a century. Has the next chapter already been achieved?

You hit the nail on the head. The biggest problem is that the federal government controls the public education system. Thus, they teach the children about how great democracy is, while avoiding teaching the true founding principles of our country.

I always know whether or not it is even worth my time to discuss politics with someone once they reveal how little they know about the founding and the constitution itself. Of course I do attempt to explain the difference in a republic and democracy, and how the course has changed, yet most people have a difficult time believing anything other than what was taught by their beloved teachers. The simple fact of the matter is that a teaching degree is one of the easiest 4 year degrees to get, along with journalism. And I wonder why that is. Perhaps because they don't want people who think outside the box and challenge what they are taught to ensure it is based on facts. I'm not saying that all teachers are bad ones, nor am I saying they are less intelligent, but the vast majority are misguided. Then, they convince little Johnnie and Mary that the collectivist state run government we have is the one we should be thankful for.

A democracy leads to tyranny or totalitarianism. This should be clear to see judging from the majority rules method of governing with no respect for individual and minority rights. The Constitution is meant to safeguard us from the government and a majority rule. The majority rule on matters that do not go against our individual rights, or at least that is how it is supposed to be.

Collectivism is what we are dealing with, and individualism is what we should strive to protect. I doubt many people have ever read the Federalist Papers in full, and probably even less have read the anti-federalist papers. The anti-federalist papers are great. In those debates the anti-federalists warned of the dangers of tyranny from the weaknesses in what was then the proposed Constitution. The bill or rights helped but still there were many weak spots in the Constitution. The anti-federalists were correct and now we are witnessing the birth of tyranny. Tyranny will evolve in our government incrementally, and has been for quite some time. However, people are asleep to this truth and simply discredit anyone who mentions it. Yet if nothing is done to prevent this we will all wake up one day and realize that all of our freedoms are gone. The ignorance of the majority of Americans only makes the transformation that much easier. Add to it that both parties support collectivism and thus continue to grow the government. We have the Republicans that want to continue nation building and stripping liberties from us on the grounds that it protects us from terrorism, and on the other side we have Democrats creating massive government programs to increase our welfare state status. And now we have Democrats continuing a war and retracting our liberties the same was as the Republicans did. So I ask, which party stands for protecting our liberties and shrinking the size of government? The only answer to that question is the Libertarian Party. But this is not about parties its about protecting our rights and liberties. I only mention the parties because the fact is we have a two party system in which neither party supports limited government and preserving liberty. Sure the Republican Party in its truest since means limited government checked by the Constitution. However, that is not the Republican Party of today. Thus if you are a Republican you typically vote for all of the Republicans and allow the party to continue to grow the government. For anyone who denies that Republicans grow the government the same (though not as significant) as the Democratic Party, I merely point to the spending of the former president. The Republicans spent massively, and not just because of the war either. Now we have a Democrat in office who is spending 3 or 4 fold more than the former administration did. The end result will be massive inflation and quite possibly the dollar will bust. One thing that boggles my mind is how so few people comprehend that every dollar the government spends must be taken from citizens by means of taxes. Government does not generate revenue, it only steals it at gunpoint. Yes, at gunpoint. If you don't pay your taxes you will go to prison and they will come and get you at gun point if necessary. So, for all the big government supporters out there who think they will never have to pay for all this spending, they are being quite naive. To think that taxes won't increase on those making less than $250,000 is nonsense. In fact, if the Bush tax rates are permitted to expire as seems to be the case, then everyone will have their taxes raised at the start of next year.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      So, for all the big government supporters out there who think they will never have to pay for all this spending, they are being quite naive. To think that taxes won't increase on those making less than $250,000 is nonsense. In fact, if the Bush tax rates are permitted to expire as seems to be the case, then everyone will have their taxes raised at the start of next year.
      To believe you won't be taxed is naive at best. Only those earning $250k+...bullshit! The poverty have already been hit with taxes. The mighty government has hidden taxes under unturned rocks. They're good at stealing your money too. As they've been for decades and decades. You don't even have to flip that rock over. The tax just jumps out like a new surprise. "Hey guy. It's Uncle Sam. Get used to your new tax hikes."...which you had no idea were there until they slap you in the face.

It's gonna get ugly. And not to worry. The hand of taxes does not discriminate. Well...as far as your worth and earnings are concerned. There's some discrimination there if you're just the average white guy working your ass off to run a little business. Then you get the shit slung out of you. But again, not to worry. The government knows how to distribute your hard earned revenue better than you do.
      fuk...don't get me started...
      1800% tax hike sounds about right. And capitalism bows out, or gets smashed, as the new system is ushered in. Welcome to the new world! yay!

I want a do over.
      1 up

Go Gators

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

None of us will havwe to worry ever again of having a liberal in office because after this next presidential electin the scum bag will lose and the rep party will turn this country around and the people will see this and they wont vote democrat for over 20+ yrs even longer.Then when we get into office this health care bill will go and we will start to put things back in place. You all watch and see. From day 1I said this scum bag will be the worst president ever and guess what i'm being proved right. You dont run a country like the usa because of a beleif.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      None of us will havwe to worry ever again of having a liberal in office because after this next presidential electin the scum bag will lose and the rep party will turn this country around and the people will see this and they wont vote democrat for over 20+ yrs even longer.Then when we get into office this health care bill will go and we will start to put things back in place. You all watch and see. From day 1I said this scum bag will be the worst president ever and guess what i'm being proved right. You dont run a country like the usa because of a beleif.

Let's hope so.