• Join Us!
  • Want to make money?
  • Want to make money?
  • Want to make money?
  • Want to make money?
  • Want to make money?
  • Want to make money?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to make money?

firstenrgy is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Want to make money?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?

• Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      We are spending ourselves into oblivion. I thought the bond market would have reacted to our irresponsible spending by now but with the global financial crisis, everyone is running into the dollar. How long will it take, I can't say for sure.
      Once again, here is a post that I will resurrect in the future. Short the bond market. Even if you have $1000, you will be happy in five years that it is $5000.
      Attached Images Attached Images
      A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Want to make money?

ok..once again, i wish i had the money too follow your advice..i know it's been on in the past!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      ok..once again, i wish i had the money too follow your advice..i know it's been on in the past!!!
      Supporting a family and being a responsible member of society is a biatch
      https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=TBF
      A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

lmao!! no shiat!!! i'm second guessing the "responsible member of society" thing, so i can concentrate on the "supporting the family" thing!!! some times they are 2 different paths, lol
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

I heard that Amway salesmen are making big bucks...at least that is what they say..

Waterboy is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I have transfered about 95% of my investments into gold. Not on paper, but in gold that you can hold in your hand.'
      If he currency market collapses, I will at least have something solid to bargin with.
      Push it, Pull it, Rack it. Repeat untill wide!!

Take nothing I say as serious, What do I know, I sell water!!

Vet@FitnessGeared.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
      I have transfered about 95% of my investments into gold. Not on paper, but in gold that you can hold in your hand.'
      If he currency market collapses, I will at least have something solid to bargin with.
      Good job. I hope you got in before the spike in prices? Why do you want to have the gold instead of the paper. I ask because the only reason is if there is a total meltdown and paper currency is crap? Just curious, not judging.

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The government is gonna collapse in the next 5-10 years and bonds will be worthless.
      I'm investing in lead.
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      lmao!! no shiat!!! i'm second guessing the "responsible member of society" thing, so i can concentrate on the "supporting the family" thing!!! some times they are 2 different paths, lol
      You go Diet Ice T

Waterboy is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by firstenrgy View Post
      Good job. I hope you got in before the spike in prices? Why do you want to have the gold instead of the paper. I ask because the only reason is if there is a total meltdown and paper currency is crap? Just curious, not judging.
      Started buying when it was in the 300.00 range years ago. Continued to buy set amount each year, even more when funds were available. I started converting my stock and bond portfolio to gold, silver and copper a few years ago when they started to escalate in price.
      I prefer soilid gold in hand for several reasons. One being if and when the world economy collapses, I can divide the pieces of gold and silver and use for some type of currency to exchange or pay for items needed.
      Don't really trust the ownership of preciuos metals to be on paper. You can't divide up these metals on paper and use for bargining chips. If a collapse happens, how do you know where your precious metals are and who actually has them?
      Push it, Pull it, Rack it. Repeat untill wide!!

Take nothing I say as serious, What do I know, I sell water!!

Vet@FitnessGeared.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Started buying when it was in the 300.00 range years ago. Continued to buy set amount each year, even more when funds were available. I started converting my stock and bond portfolio to gold, silver and copper a few years ago when they started to escalate in price.
      I prefer soilid gold in hand for several reasons. One being if and when the world economy collapses, I can divide the pieces of gold and silver and use for some type of currency to exchange or pay for items needed.
      Don't really trust the ownership of preciuos metals to be on paper. You can't divide up these metals on paper and use for bargining chips. If a collapse happens, how do you know where your precious metals are and who actually has them?
      Well done! I had some gold at $250 and dumped it at $700 thinking
      I was so smart... I guess not.

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I strongly recommend gold and silver, I've been telling people for a few years now. Do they listen? No, not really, but that's fine. When the dollar crashes those with physical gold and silver will have the upper hand and wont be completely screwed. I don't want to be one paying 100 paper federal reserve notes for a loaf of bread. And the more the government has the fed print, the more inflation we're going to have, devalueing the dollar and forcing prices to rise. The dollar has already lost 98% of it's buying power since 1913, it's inevitable that it will happen one day. We have nothing backing our currency. It's faith and confidence based. I don't have faith or confidence in a peice of paper with nothing backing it. We've seen it happen in Germany and in Zimbabwe. We will see it happen here if they keep following the Keynesian model of economics and keep printing money whenever they see fit. Also, gold and silver isn't really an investment, it's a long term security asset. Hoard hoard hoard!!! I bought stock in some silver mining companies and traded for a bunch of silver and plan on trading for plenty more. I call it trading instead of buying because essentially all you are doing is trading pieces of paper for something of real intrisic value. I've talked to a lot of people that are fearful when they think of it as "buying" gold or silver, but when you think of it as trading one fake currency for another real one, it becomes a little less scary. Obviously we're forced to use FRN's not live on, but if you can take 10% of your monthly income and trade it for silver or gold you'd be much better off. FOr anybody interested, or anybody who already trades for precious metals, I get mine here..
      www.apmex.com
      If anybody knows of anywhere cheaper please share.
      If you are too leary to purchase precious metals, you can always invest in heavy metals. (ammo)

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by firstenrgy View Post
      We are spending ourselves into oblivion. I thought the bond market would have reacted to our irresponsible spending by now but with the global financial crisis, everyone is running into the dollar. How long will it take, I can't say for sure.
      Once again, here is a post that I will resurrect in the future. Short the bond market. Even if you have $1000, you will be happy in five years that it is $5000.
      This will all change once velocity picks up. The banks are hoarding their money at present, but once they begin making loans the velocity of money will pick up and create inflation as a result of more money injected into the economy. All of this spending the government has done has primarily been adding zeros to computerized balances at the banks. The Fed pumped money to the banks (bailout) but most of it has not entered the economy and thus has not been printed because the banks are hoarding it. Once they begin to loan, the printing press will go back online causing inflation to set in as the fiat currency is circulated throughout the economy. Hence, the velocity of money/circulation goes into motion. Inflation will cause the fixed rate of a bond to be much less of value. If you purchase a bond that pays 5% in ten years, and inflation goes up 6%, the end result is a net loss of 1% on your investment, not including the taxes paid on the interest accrued when you sale the bond, thus driving the losses even further. Of course there are municipal bonds which are free of federal tax but the lower yield makes up for it.

I'm not going to challenge whether or not bonds or stocks for that matter are a safe bet for our current economic situation. However, my 401k is mostly in bonds at the moment, something I have never been a fan of but it makes me comfortable compared to stocks for now. My other investments are going in gold. The goal should be to hedge against inflation and for that I can only see gold and silver as a reliable means. My fear is that we may go into a double dip recession and if that happens the stock market will plunge again, perhaps even lower than the last drop.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Smart man. Do you study the Austrian school of economics? I think you said once you go to mises. I just went to their conference a couple weeks ago in Vegas. It was great! There was one professor speaking on gold, and he believes it may drop back down to around $800-$900 but still thinks we should continue buying. He believes it will go up significantly afterward, and if the dollar continues to weaken or if it collapses it could go up infinitely (that being the extreme outlook of course). Buying gold should be done as you say, where you own the physical quantity on your person stored in a vault of some sort. I have no confidence in the U.S. Dollar either. Fiat currencies have a consistent record for high inflation and hyperinflation. With the current debt and spending by our Fed it only seems plausible that the dollar will plunge. You have to wonder if this isn't being done intentionally to bankrupt our country, cancel our currency, and go on a global currency. After all, these people running the world and our country can't be that naive to not realize how devastating this spending is. I can't remember which philosopher it was that said the true socialist will support every chance to spend, in the effort to bankrupt the economy in order to gain complete control by the government. People can say I'm crazy or whatever they want, but this is how it appears. Our government is bankrupting our country.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?

• Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      • Want to make money?
      Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      I'm not going to challenge whether or not bonds or stocks for that matter are a safe bet for our current economic situation. However, my 401k is mostly in bonds at the moment, something I have never been a fan of but it makes me comfortable compared to stocks for now. My other investments are going in gold. The goal should be to hedge against inflation and for that I can only see gold and silver as a reliable means. My fear is that we may go into a double dip recession and if that happens the stock market will plunge again, perhaps even lower than the last drop.
      I'm glad you brought this up. most 401k plans at work give you an option of 3-5 different investment options. Find out if you can switch the money into a brokerage account (e-trade...) because your investment options then are limitless.
      For example, a friend of mine worked for jp Morgan chase and her 401k fund was able to be transferred wherever she wanted. She reluctantly switched it and I walked her through her first trade, It happened to be September of 2008. She was asking me specific investment advice and I HATE to do that because no good can come from it. She asked me what I was in and doing and I told her that I was worried about the election and the socialist muslim might get in. I explained I was short the market and gave her the call letters of the pro shares short fund. She had $108,000 in her fund. If she would have asked, I would have told her not to risk more than 30-40% of the money in the short fund. She just assumed I had 100% of my money in it so she did the same.
      So she purchased at $58 and change and held it for about 8 weeks and then she calls me and thanks me telling me how happy she was that the fund was now $82 a share. I panicked now knowing that she was 100% invested in the short fund and advised her to sell at least half and she did that while I was on the phone with her. About three or four months later, I get a call from her and she was *****ing that the fund was up to $90 a share. She made 40% on her money in a few months and had the nerve to call me and complain that it was higher and she was "LOSING MONEY". A crazed stroke of luck and belly achin???
      Attached Images Attached Images