• Join Us!
  • Honestly about cops
  • Honestly about cops
  • Honestly about cops
  • Honestly about cops
  • Honestly about cops
  • Honestly about cops
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honestly about cops

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Honestly about cops

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops

• Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      what do you think about them as a whole
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

LightWeightBaby is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 93
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Honestly about cops

good people

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

150yrs ago. before all the bs regulation came into law, they were brave, served a great purpose, and left people alone unless they broke the law.
      Now, and for the last...100yrs. The last few decades have gotten worse, but now-days. Being that 99 out of 100 are playin cop for that power the badge bestows, I gotta call it like it is being that most of them are that cop that gave me an unwarranted careless-driving.(I beat him testimony to testimony in court.) And the one that ressembles "fat-bastard" yesterday in line with me at the convenience store yesterday. His remarks were too perfect for the body of LE now-days. And his looks. So. I don't think much of them, "as a whole", now-days. They invade people's rights and freedom because they're told to. Having no regard, or respect for The Constitution.
      With all that said. There are those few and far between that are out there doing the right thing. Against their chief's direction. There are cops that are fighting true crime. real crime. No matter how gruesome or disturbing the case. They serve to make the world a better, safer place for you and your family. Hat's off to those guys. God-speed to them. God-damn the rest.
      1 up

Go Gators

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      With all that said. There are those few and far between that are out there doing the right thing. Against their chief's direction. There are cops that are fighting true crime. real crime. No matter how gruesome or disturbing the case. They serve to make the world a better, safer place for you and your family. Hat's off to those guys. God-speed to them. God-damn the rest.

Well said! I think there are still many good cops out there who are dedicated to their jobs. Also, for some, being a cop has changed their outlook on things and sometimes they become very cynical and defensive. This is understandable, for some, as they see terrible things at there jobs on a daily basis, depending upon where they are working.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Most of them around here are corrupt, so I have no respect for them. They are always in the paper here for doing something stupid.
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Being an ex cop myself that put in over 10 years I can tell you that 90% of the cops out there are not "power hungry corrupt *****es".. Do a lot of them have over inflated ego's and can be dicks? Sure.. do a lot of them "bend" the rules? Sure, but they dont break them.. Laws are subject to some interpretation just like anything else, and the bottom line is they are out there TRYING to help people by getting the scumbags put away. Honest law abiding citizens are not going to get jacked over by the cops.. 99.99999% of the time if a cop is jacking with you, you did at least something you shouldnt have been doing.. its a thankless job.. you have to remember that cops get killed out there all the time, so they HAVE to be on edge and watch their shit and sometimes that means over reacting a little.. its hard for a regular citizen to really understand unless you have been in that position.. unless your sitting in an alley at 2am in the morning fighting with some big ass dude wacked out on PCP with no backup because you couldnt get to your radio and its mano-y-mano and all you want to do is get this guy off the street and all he wants to do is literally KILL you so he doesnt have to go to jail.. you just cant understand..
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i know a few. regular dudes too me. they seem fine. i'm sure there's a few bad apples....theres a few bad carsalesman, a few bad lawyers, a few bad priest's, a few bad teachers....there's fuk ups in every profession
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Waterboy is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

If you want a new persoective on them, ride along with one for one shift. Look at some of the crap they have to take for m the people they are trying to protect and serve.
      I rode with one about a year ago, I already had respect for them, but it put their job into a totaly new focus for me.
      As stated above, you break the law, it is their job to enforce it and to arrest you azz for doing it. 99.9% of the ones I have dealt with will treat you the same way you treat them.
      Push it, Pull it, Rack it. Repeat untill wide!!

Take nothing I say as serious, What do I know, I sell water!!

Vet@FitnessGeared.com

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Yeah, it probably is a case of a few bad apples make it seem like all cops are dirt bags. Ive had dealings with cops over driving matters in the past and they werent too bad. Just try to keep a positive attitude about the situation. You will get the treatment depending on the vibes you are sending out. I had a few times where I got in a cops face and cussed them out. Once in front of a crowd of people I called a cop a fat pig and an a$$hole. I was lucky that day. I shake my head in disbelief at some of the crazy shit i did when I was young and stupid..LOL

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I guess I'll share my 2 cents on the subject. There are probably more honest cops than dishonest ones, or at least more good ones than bad. However, I view the field of law enforcement in a similar manner as the field of politics. Many enter it with good intentions but often become corrupted by the power they are given. A great many cops seem to me to believe that they are above the law whereas they are supposed to merely enforce the law. But I am not so naive to believe that all cops are bad people hellbent on screwing honest law-abiding citizens. I have a distant friend who is a cop in CO and wants to get a job at my company because he is so sick of dealing with all of the hideous criminals and crimes. He tells me that most of the cops at his department are great people that love their job and the service they provide. It is my hope that this is the case with all police departments, however I know that there are many bad apples in police agencies all across the nation. My fear is the same as horsepwr's, in which police are becoming more abusive and wielding more power as the governments become more strict. As regulations increase, police gain more power to enforce the regulations which leads to a bigger ego with many. Then there are those who become cops strictly for the power it provides them over ordinary citizens. The same is true in the military, where many of the soldiers who sign up for security forces go on power trips. It is natural of some men and women to let the power go to their head. What bothers me the most is when I see cases where cops are willing to follow orders to strip people of their constitutional rights, such as when the New Orleans police and National Guard went door to door taking the guns from law-abiding citizens because the Mayor ordered them to. Then, the Supreme Court of LA struck down the Mayor's decision and ordered the guns returned and never to repeat the action again in the future as it was against the constitution to do so. It is cases like that which lower my confidence in the police. The military is the same way, willing to take orders that are unconstitutional if ordered to do so. On a positive note, there is a group called The Oath Keepers that is comprised of active and former military that have pledged to never obey an order that is unconstitutional. Hopefully there are a number of cops who will follow their lead. In the mean time, my thanks goes to all of those who strive to protect us while lawfully performing their duties. My hat goes off to those cops and may we never see the day when the system corrupts from the ever growing state.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Schiznick View Post
      Being an ex cop myself that put in over 10 years I can tell you that 90% of the cops out there are not "power hungry corrupt *****es".. Do a lot of them have over inflated ego's and can be dicks? Sure.. do a lot of them "bend" the rules? Sure, but they dont break them.. Laws are subject to some interpretation just like anything else, and the bottom line is they are out there TRYING to help people by getting the scumbags put away. Honest law abiding citizens are not going to get jacked over by the cops.. 99.99999% of the time if a cop is jacking with you, you did at least something you shouldnt have been doing.. its a thankless job.. you have to remember that cops get killed out there all the time, so they HAVE to be on edge and watch their shit and sometimes that means over reacting a little.. its hard for a regular citizen to really understand unless you have been in that position.. unless your sitting in an alley at 2am in the morning fighting with some big ass dude wacked out on PCP with no backup because you couldnt get to your radio and its mano-y-mano and all you want to do is get this guy off the street and all he wants to do is literally KILL you so he doesnt have to go to jail.. you just cant understand..

agree, i've had some good breaks and bad breaks, a few totally bullshit stops, and a few where i'd been drinking and i was honest about the situation and because my record was clean and was still in control i got a warning

my only irritation is the bullshit stops, where u get the sense they got a quota and they are just looking for some bs ticket

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      agree, i've had some good breaks and bad breaks, a few totally bullshit stops, and a few where i'd been drinking and i was honest about the situation and because my record was clean and was still in control i got a warning

my only irritation is the bullshit stops, where u get the sense they got a quota and they are just looking for some bs ticket
      yea, there's this exit off I-75 that its on the edge of town...you can see for MILES in both directions and traffic is real low there. there's a light there and a "no turn on red" sign. well....there's NO fukin traffic. my dad turns right. the cop is parked in a parking lot juuuuust out of sight next to us, but he can just see you make the turn from his spot...and we see him but its too late. he pulls the oldman over and my dads like "c'mon!!! this is horseshyt", lol...the cop agree's but says he's been ordered to tighten up this location!!
      that was a crap call...its a crap light!! there's NEVER traffic there!! lol.

another spot that the govenor actually has just ordered that the speed limit gets raised on is the 6 lane "highway" just south of the airport....the city of romulus made it 35 fukin miles per hr in their little section...so it goes from 55 to 35 back to 55 all in a 2 mile stretch!!! frikin wankers!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

6p6 is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 29.0%
      is armed and ready...R U?

I am:
      Wtf

Level

really think it is totally where you live and how the political climate is there. you can be in a small town and have totally cool cops or you can be in a small town and the cops are Rambo'ing first blood style. you can be in NY and get your ass shot for almost nothing but be in San Antonio and be treated well.

ON the whole cops are humans and each and everyone is a different human that you may or may not get along with...there are many dicks on power hungry badges and there are many putting in there service to society to protect us while we sleep...

seems like there are less and less cool cops though...probably because more and more of the decision making is taken out of their hands in our liberal climate.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

i work in a cop shop. alot of the rookies have big egos but mean well even though they can get mouthy.

the old guys are just waiting for retirement and will let s speeder go so they arent troubled with writing a ticket. its the seasoned vets that are the backbone of the police

most are good people with a helluva job
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops

• Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      • Honestly about cops
      I believe that policemen have a very difficult, and thankless, job. It seems so often, here in Chicago, that officers are getting shot and killed. A couple of weeks ago an officer was the target of a robbery, and he was shot and killed by his own gun. I believe he was off duty at the time.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit