Each time closer to a chance for the belt of the heavyweight division of UFC, Junior Cigano wants to be the Brazilian hope on the most valued division of Ultimate, who has been dominated by Americans, and help the growth of the sport in Brazil.

“Today we have Shogun and Anderson with belts and my intention is to bring another belt to Brazil. I believe that, within the five divisions UFC has, we can bring these three belts, so it would be a great thing for Brazil and I hope that he recognition by the media and the people here increases, since it’s one of the sports that is growing faster worldwide”, said the heavyweight fighter to TATAME.

Dreaming about a Brazilian hegemony on UFC, Cigano is confident about his work. “I believe the Brazilians are very good at it and it’s really rewarding for a champion of an event like this to get on his homeland and be recognized. So I hope that soon I’ll have this opportunity of bringing another belt to Brazil and make a triplet of UFC’s belts in Brazil (laughs), it’ll be great!”, affirmed.

BETS ON LESNAR, COMPLIMENTS TO WERDUM

To get a change to fight for the belt, the heavyweight athlete needs to beat Roy Nelson, his opponent on UFC 117, and waits for the definition of the champion of the division, which will happen this Saturday between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin. if Brock Lesnar is well and recovered, he has many chances of keeping himself as the champion. Carwin is also a great fighter, but I believe that this fight will take place on the ground and, on that area, I’d bet on Brock Lesnar. But it’s a complicated situation, it’s very hard to predict the result of this fight”, analyzes.

Talking about the top of the division, the black belt Fabrício Werdum, who ended up being knocked out by Cigano on UFC 90, made a great comeback outside Ultimate and wrote his name on MMA history last Saturday, when he submitted Fedor Emelianenko, number one among the heavyweights since 2003, in only 69 seconds. On the chat with TATAME, Cigano commented about the win of his former opponent on Strikeforce.

“I thought Werdum was well prepared for it, loss some weight, he was well, you could tell it just by looking at his expression that he was ready for this bout and Fedor is too self-sufficient, and I believe he made a mistake, he made a huge mistake when he kept moving forward when that was exactly what Werdum wanted so he could bring Fedor to the ground and Fedor’s chances were on the standing game. Werdum deserved that win and now I hope that he can do justice to his name after a win over the number one heavyweight fighter from all times”.
I think this guy can get it done. He is very well rounded....just waiting for the opportunity.