• Join Us!
  • I've joined the G crowd
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I've joined the G crowd

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default I've joined the G crowd

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

As they say. "If ya can't beat 'em. Join 'em". And from all the reports. The following of well informed individuals. The soldiers in combat that rely on them. The gunsmiths that have told me that there is no better made combat pistol. (in their opinion, that is.)
      But, Gaston Glock is one hell of an engineer with a job-well-done for his Glock "safe-action" pistols. Glock is a pioneer. Many have followed suit to compete with, arguably, the best combat pistol ever made. And boy-o-boy can that argument ever go on...and on...
      That's not the reason for this thread though. I'm proud to introduce my newest purchase. The G19. I wondered how it would carry. I was a little concerned about comfort. After a day with it on my hip. I can truly say that it is literally not much more noticable than my P32. I know, I know...I must be f%$@#ing crazy. Well...that was established long ago, but I can tell how a pistol CCs, and the G19 CCs like a champ. I'm surprised at the weight, or lack of. This thing is very lightweight compared to other mid-frames. It's a joy compared to what I expected. Now I can't wait to go shoot, and see what all the talk about accuracy is like. Maybe I can hit something with a Glock.
      Really, I have just been wanting to get me something very dependable to CC. I've seen, and heard, plenty about the Glock being capable of functioning in the harshest of conditions. It's supposed to fire dry, wet, underwater...It's been coined the "AK of handguns". If it's truly earned that phrase. Then I shouldn't have to worry about the heat of the summer, and a gun being to dry to function.
      Do believe. I will be putting it to the test.

My new extremity
      Attached Images Attached Images
      1 up

Go Gators

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Re: I've joined the G crowd

Nice gun horsepwr. I'm not too keen on the aesthetics of them personally, but that one does look good. I'm a lefty and plan to only buy full ambidextrous guns from here on out and I don't think Glock make a fully ambidextrous model or do they?

As for the quality of them, I have been told it is first rate. A friend of mine that uses one for military/civilian work said he fired 5,000 rounds though his for training and never had a hiccup. I don't recall the caliber.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      Nice gun horsepwr. I'm not too keen on the aesthetics of them personally, but that one does look good. I'm a lefty and plan to only buy full ambidextrous guns from here on out and I don't think Glock make a fully ambidextrous model or do they?

As for the quality of them, I have been told it is first rate. A friend of mine that uses one for military/civilian work said he fired 5,000 rounds though his for training and never had a hiccup. I don't recall the caliber.
      Thanks much Js.
      I agree with you that Glock is not a "gun-safe queen". I've been reading up on Glock, the engineer/founder, and so on for a long while. Gaston Glock put the blinders on, and had a very direct intension with his design. His goal was to build the most reliable, and durable side-arm able to withstand the most extreme conditions of the world. So came the Tenifer slide, which is harder than diamond, and 99.9% salt-water corrosion resistant. Very durable stuff. The internals are of the simplest. Very simple action is synonymous with reliability.
      So, the Glock is no work of beauty, but it is one hell-of-a combat weapon. Strange enough, This G19 looks better to me today, than they ever have in the display case. I guess it's growing on me in the appearance dept as well. I know...not much too look at, or much about the weapon to even be appealing, but it is appealing to me. It grew on me as I held it on the counter of the gun-shop yesterday. I ended up just having to have it. I wasn't walking out of there without it.lol...but that simple look. that simple slide, without parts hanging off the side are what make it a joy to CC. The mags are polymer too, so that's why it's so lightweight.

On the ambi models. Glock does not have an ambidextrous model. You can switch it to a lefty set-up. At least, the mag-release button can be switched. That's all you need really. There's no safety, so that's that for that. The safety is between your ears, as with any gun. but Glocks have that added awareness in-need.
      But, that's why those XDs are such a good choice for ya. They noticed that I'm a lefty when I was filling out the paperwork, and started throwing XDm's on the counter.lol...I had to tell the guy to punp the brakes...I shoot right handed, so I'm good with the Glock.
      ...I just gave it a feel operating lefty. (I'm kinda both handed. I just write better with my left, and hold my silver-ware with my left.) but it really wouldn't be difficult to bird-finger(w/left-hand) the mag-release button. It almost feels like it would be more efficient than the thumb-reach after some practice. maybe??? very possible. You keep your strong-hand shooting grip by operating the mag-release w/left bird-finger. You have to completely release your in-action grip to use your thumb. That's something to think about.
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

The more I look at the Glocks the more I like them too. I know they make a good gun and have always pondered getting one . I can get by with an ambi mag release and have one on my HK and XDM.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

MartyRobbins is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 202
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I own a 22 40 cal and love it for myself, but wouldnt let any1 else in my family carry it. Only thing at 25 yards and farther the sites block alot so I shaved mine down and hit alot better.

In a way it has a saftey on the trigger that has to be depressed for it to fire.
      Bigger, Stronger, Faster

Got Guns?

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Ive shot the G19 and it is a GREAT gun hp! Congrats on the new gun

BICEPBULG is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 443
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I have the Glock 22 as well. And at 25 yards I can stack them in at 1" grouping. Some touching. It is smooth and again it is a glock. Will always be worth what I paid for it.
      Always expect the unexpected!

young_hulk@hushmail.com

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Thanks 2-swole!

I can't wait to check out that Glock accuracy. I'm thinking that it will take some serious practice for me to be grouping 1" @ 25yds with any pistol.
      I can punch 1 hole with a whole mag @ 25ft, but 25yrds...with a handgun...that's some good shooting! very good!

Are you guys free-standing, bench,?? hitting at 25yrds like that?
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

All this talk about Glocks is making me want one..lol. After my next purchase I may have to try one out. But the HK P30 can't wait any longer, I will be purchasing it next.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I could wait no longer on a Glock.

If this weather stays overcast, and cooler than the last few weeks. I'm gonna sneak up to the camp and work this thing out some.
      1 up

Go Gators

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

i had both the glock 22 and the 20. the 20 was a 10mm. it was too damn rowdy for me.

sold them so i could finish building my car. i regret it now
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe