• Join Us!
  • Upcoming Wedding Help
  • Upcoming Wedding Help
  • Upcoming Wedding Help
  • Upcoming Wedding Help
  • Upcoming Wedding Help
  • Upcoming Wedding Help
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Wedding Help

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Question Upcoming Wedding Help

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help

• Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      A good friend of mine asked me to be best man in his wedding. I was very surprised. Ive been in weddings before, but never was a best man. So I need to find out what is customary for this. Let me tell you this, first, my friend is a very strict Christian, so there will be no alcohol and of course no strippers.LOL...I have never understood that whole stripper idea, anyway. Why would any man who is devoting his life to a woman, ever want to have some stripper crawling all over him prior to the wedding? I was in my brothers wedding and they went to a strip joint and I declined to go and told him I dont condone that for a guy getting married, let alone my brother. Well, early on in his marriage, he ended up having two affairs but was able to save his marriage.
      So anyway, back to my question about what are some best man ideas and what is expected of me?
      The wedding is at the end of July. Thanks for any help.

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Upcoming Wedding Help

It's your job to convince him not to get married!! Lol jk
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

throw a bachelor party, and give him a special gift is what i always do

both should be somewhat memorable to him in some way

maybe hi likes to camp, so camping with a half dozen guys, or a nice barbeque, obviusly something he would like that the bride would approve and be proud of

gift, something to last him a life time, like a fishing pole he's always desired, something that acknowledges his interests so decades down the line he always has the memory

good luck, u'll do great

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

TAKE HIM AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO A BALL GAME
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

lol...^rc10

The 'best man' protocol is to, (1), arrange the bachelor party. It sounds like you'll need to really tailor that one. You'll have to come up with something fun for "the guys".(y'all's friends & the groom's-men)...and call it a bachelor party.lol...Golden rule about bachelor parties is the bachelor pays for nothing. The party's all for him, and he should have no worries. Concern free for the bachelor. note: It sounds like you stand a chance of getting off lightly on this one being his strict beliefs.
      Then, really...all you have to do is hand him the ring during the actual wedding ceremony.

Your honor of best-man would come with some more responsibility with the usual, non-strict Christian guy.
      oh. I just remembered. You should give a little speech sometime during the reception.

Other than that. Congratulations on the honor of Best-Man.

On the stripper thing. That's just bachelor-party tradition. There's just something about a soft, hot, naked female all over ya that most males find enjoyment in. Even when they feel they've found the woman to spend the rest of their life with. It's that soft, warm, skin and they smell so good too...mmm...but I don't get it either.lol...
      1 up

Go Gators

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      throw a bachelor party, and give him a special gift is what i always do

both should be somewhat memorable to him in some way

maybe hi likes to camp, so camping with a half dozen guys, or a nice barbeque, obviusly something he would like that the bride would approve and be proud of

gift, something to last him a life time, like a fishing pole he's always desired, something that acknowledges his interests so decades down the line he always has the memory

good luck, u'll do great

OK TRIP THIS SOUNDS LIKE A SAUSAGE FEST DUDE,LOL A FISHING POLE CMON MAN.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

IronpumpedLady is offline Vixen
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 55
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Well, it sounds like you have a challenge on your hands~ LOL What about a "GROOM Roast". Just a big get together, of all his closest friends, relatives and the wedding party. Have several of them prepare a roast type presentation, and perhaps a slide show to go with it. With the religion factor being present you may not be able to "ROAST" him quite to done, but it could still be fun. Like the wedding I would watch having alcohol present, or anything else that may offend his religious practices.
      Good Luck~

Stay Strong~~!!!
      IPL

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Saw this article today and I thought it might give you some ideas.

What are the Duties of a Best Man and Maid of Honor?

You’ve chosen a life partner, now it’s time to pick a best man and maid of honor. Whether filled by a brother, sister, best friend since kindergarten or college roommate, the roles of best man and maid of honor are positions of responsibility bestowed on beloved individuals.

Be sure your attendants, especially the best man and maid of honor, understand the time and commitment their roles entail, as well as the personal expense.

Pre-wedding

There is much to be done leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day. You’ve explained this to your friends and they’re delighted to accept. “Let’s get started,” they say. So, schedule an appointment for the maid of honor to help you pick the perfect bridesmaids’ dresses. The groom and his best man will choose the style of tuxedos–okay, perhaps with a little input from the bride.

Now the good stuff: parties! The maid of honor will attend all pre-wedding showers and parties given for the bride. Increasingly popular, couples showers are also attended by both the best man and maid of honor, and their significant others. Your top attendants are responsible for planning and financing any bachelor or bachelorette parties to be held. The maid of honor will also help address invitations and make favors for the reception. They participate in the wedding rehearsal.

Finally, the best man and maid of honor facilitate selection of a joint wedding gift from all attendants. Once the amount and gift is decided, they collect the money and are responsible for making the gift purchase.

The ceremony

The big day has arrived. The mission of your attendants is to “get you to the church on time!” They help you dress and prepare for the ceremony. The best man is in charge of arranging transportation to and from the church. If there is no ring bearer, the maid of honor wears the groom’s ring on her finger. The best man carries the bride’s ring in his pocket. The best man and maid of honor act as witnesses to your marriage, signing the license to verify they heard the spoken vows and witnessed the ceremony.

At an appropriate time, the best man presents the checks to the clergy and church organist. He doesn't assume the financial responsibility, just delivers the envelopes!

The reception and beyond

The ceremony is over and the guests have gathered at the reception. If the wedding has a large receiving line, your attendants will stand with you and your parents. The best man and maid of honor act as host and hostess at the reception, cordially greeting guests, dancing and mingling. Both the best man and maid of honor toast the happy couple. The best man may also act as master of ceremonies. If there is a money dance, the best man starts by dancing with the bride, while the maid of honor dances with the groom.

When the newlyweds prepare to leave for the honeymoon, the maid of honor assists the bride in changing and checks the dressing areas for forgotten items. Hopefully, the best man and maid of honor remembered to decorate the car—that’s part of the fun. The best man may even drive the couple to the wedding night destination himself.

The next day, even as your attendants are savoring their own favorite memories of the wedding, the best man must remember to return rented tuxedos to the store. The wedding is over, but your day was more special and memorable because your friends were there to help and share in your special day. That, readers, is what friends are for.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

wow...after reading horsepowers and baby1's post, it looks like a bunch of fukin work!!! i'm out!! lol. i think the stripper thing is a kind of "so your oats" type of thing....like the last "strange" you'll be getting.....for life, lol....i didnt get a bach party at all...and i've NEVER been to one. i'd like to think it would be along the lines of the movie Hangover...if your gonna have 1 final bash....do it fukin right!!!
      but...the crhristian thing kinda jacks that up a little, lol. get him a flask full of holy water, go out to dinner and call it a night. (i'd suk at the whole "christian best man" thingy....but i'd be the shyt for a regular dude best man...i just aint doing all the fukin other work type shyt)
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

^LOL...Yes, I figured he would pick one of his Church type friends to be best man..Im not one of them, I don't ever go to church. This guy is a straight arrow and I'd bet money they havent had sex yet. Thats cool.If it was me, I'd already be shacked up with her...LOL...I really am hoping to get all the dudes together and go to an afternoon MLB game..Thats something very memorable. Theres a Thursday afternoon game 2 days prior to the wedding, which will require taking time off from work for some, but hopefully everyone can. What do ya'll think? Is a weekday game a good idea?
      Thank you so much Baby1 for posting that. That really helps! Yes, his wife to be asked me to be master of Ceremonies, too. Now that is going to be a blast!
      This guy is a competitive bodybuilder, all natural. He was married 23 years and totally devoted to his wife..then she went and had an affair with a guy half her age in their house and on their bed, while he was away at work. He was absolutely devastated when he found out. His world was destroyed. Now, 2 years later, the guy kept his faith and met a girl who is utterly fantastic. This is one of the real good guys. He wouldn't even think of cheating or lying. His ex wife regrets her mistake, but he left her and faced life alone. Man, I saw that guy going through the agony, the darkness and the heartache. He came to me for advice because, unfortunately, his Christian friends couldnt keep things confidential. I let him talk about it all he wanted and I didnt tell anyone. I was able to help because I have gone thru similar devastation over a woman. I knew exactly what kind of pain he was going thru. He said I was the only person he could trust to talk to. So he told me that is why he wants me best man. I mean, its really an honor. I really didnt do much more than just let him talk about it all he wanted. I figured thats what you do for friends.

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

damn. So he's had that hard knock.
      It is an honor to be best man. He's lucky to have you there for him, and to be his best man.

My best-man, and friend's, threw me a very nice bachelor party. It was one that would be very inappropriate for this bachelor though. very. It was a 'last blow-out' kinda thing, like dave said.
      1 up

Go Gators

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

OK, had lunch w the groom today and he's all for going to a baseball game for his bachelor party. Just need to get hold of everybody. Wonder what else we could do?
      I sure appreciate the input here.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      damn. So he's had that hard knock.
      It is an honor to be best man. He's lucky to have you there for him, and to be his best man.
      Hey thanks HP

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

CALLED THE TEAM OFFICE AND THEY can run a message for 50 bucks across the outfield sign every inning. That might be cool. Just hard to determine what people can afford. I already talked to one groomsman and he said he simply cant afford to go...bummer...seats along the 3rd base line at the beginning of the outfield are $38. Hopefully everybody can afford that, but who knows. Then you got to figure parking, concessions etc...so a day at the ball park would prob run a person $75-100..is that about right?

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help

• Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      • Upcoming Wedding Help
      That sounds about right. As long as you don't have too many $8 beers. That's where they get ya.
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.